Sponsored

EPA -- Possible Announcement Wednesday Regarding Tailpipe Emissions, EVs and New Car Sales

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Of course they are. EVā€™s just arenā€™t that desire able, so the EPA will try and force it regardless of reality. Itā€™ll get challenged in court just like most things coming out of ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦, and most likely get thrown out.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think this is insane unless there is also a real plan to expand the infrastructure to meet the charging needs and additional power requirements. If anyone has a reliable and affordable rabbit in their non-electric basket know would be the time to pull it out.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Unfortunately, there is no threshold for insanity any longer. What people have put in place with there votes is most likely past the point of restoration to a workable level. Weā€™re seeing insanity at every level of society now In this country. Its really sad actually.

I think this is insane unless there is also a real plan to expand the infrastructure to meet the charging needs and additional power requirements. If anyone has a reliable and affordable rabbit in their non-electric basket know would be the time to pull it out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well the EPA better start dishing out checks as well, because much of the population can't afford an EV, let alone the cost to just get by and live.

EV isn't the answer, it's just as dirty if not dirtier than the last 100+ years of ICE vehicles. People need to get their heads out of their asses with this EV crap already.

Are there going to be EV passenger planes? Try explaining why planes fall out of the sky when some fool forgot to plug it in for an international flight....

Why anyone thinks that EV is "green" when it isn't at all, is beyond me. Go figure out where that electricity is coming from to charge that EV, it isn't green and it isn't free... go figure out where the precious materials are coming from to build that EV. Then go and figure out how to effectively and efficiently recycle all that EV shit after it ends up in landfills as it's already doing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
OK, making a big bowl of popcorn for this one. I will just sit back and watch the sh*t show.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well the EPA better start dishing out checks as well, because much of the population can't afford an EV, let alone the cost to just get by and live.

EV isn't the answer, it's just as dirty if not dirtier than the last 100+ years of ICE vehicles. People need to get their heads out of their asses with this EV crap already.

Are there going to be EV passenger planes? Try explaining why planes fall out of the sky when some fool forgot to plug it in for an international flight....

Why anyone thinks that EV is "green" when it isn't at all, is beyond me. Go figure out where that electricity is coming from to charge that EV, it isn't green and it isn't free... go figure out where the precious materials are coming from to build that EV. Then go and figure out how to effectively and efficiently recycle all that EV shit after it ends up in landfills as it's already doing.
Hello; Been having a back and forth go at this in the GM is pulling back on EV's thread. A surprise is there are several members of this forum active in the thread who post most favorably for the "green" and EV push. One even has defended such EV mandates because he feels we cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

In that thread all the pros and the multitude of cons have been aired. Here are links to a Volvo study which addresses some of the "dirty" aspects of the EV.

Volvo says manufacturing an EV generates 70% more emissions than its ICE counterpart - AutoBuzz.my

Volvo_carbonfootprintreport.pdf (volvocars.com)

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
This nonsense has gone way too far. If EVs are so wonderful, they would not have to be forced on us.
China controls a huge amount of the worldā€™s lithium supply, and they donā€™t really give a shit about the environmental effects of mining and processing it. They stand to make all of the money from this, and the US loses out AGAIN. Jobs will be lost in vehicle manufacturing, none will be created in lithium mining because our politicians will insist on only importing it, and there is absolutely no real benefit to the end user. I wonder how the union voters in the rust belt feel about all this too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There's a lot of lithium here in the US, but the mines are being blocked from opening. I have mixed feelings on some of that. A company wanted to open a big mine near the boundary waters canoe area. I love that part of MN. It's so beautiful...

The cure is worse than the problem.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unfortunately, there is no threshold for insanity any longer. What people have put in place with there votes is most likely past the point of restoration to a workable level. Weā€™re seeing insanity at every level of society now In this country. Its really sad actually.
Well, when we've been promoting that feelings trump reality for two decades now, this is what you get lol

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
US proposes to slash EV mileage ratings to meet fuel economy rules (msn.com)

Hello; Something along the same lines as the subject of this thread. A sort of backdoor approach.
Seems the current way EV and maybe hybrid MPG equivalent numbers are figured help the manufacturers CAFE averages. Takes some pressure off the ICE models they sell in terms of fuel economy.
Argument appears to be they do not have to work as hard to increase MPG's in the ICE portion of their overall sales so play with the numbers to force the issue. Thoughts????

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
US proposes to slash EV mileage ratings to meet fuel economy rules (msn.com)

Hello; Something along the same lines as the subject of this thread. A sort of backdoor approach.
Seems the current way EV and maybe hybrid MPG equivalent numbers are figured help the manufacturers CAFE averages. Takes some pressure off the ICE models they sell in terms of fuel economy.
Argument appears to be they do not have to work as hard to increase MPG's in the ICE portion of their overall sales so play with the numbers to force the issue. Thoughts????
I believe it. As soon as the Mach E was out, magically the Mustang's oil spec was upgraded to 5W30 lol

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I believe it. As soon as the Mach E was out, magically the Mustang's oil spec was upgraded to 5W30 lol
Hello; Excellent point. Implies the thinner oil was good for MPG's and might be OK for engine reliability, but 5W30 is even more trusted.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are so many if's surrounding even the slightest chance of this situation occurring. The biggest one is charging. If the world's biggest retailing is jumping on board others will follow. This will drive the growth of the charging network considerably. A cure all? Certainly not, but one can see that this issue is being addressed by the private sector.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers
Sponsored