Sponsored

Enough with unsubstantiated Post of broken Engines

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That graphic/comparison is a regular ZL1.
sure, but that's the fairest comparison you can make between the 2 models while allowing that one has a blower on it.
Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I question how many of these 15-18 Gen 1 engines which have faulted since the introduction of the Gen 2 engine may have been urged along in failure in order to have the upgrade. Ford should have limited replacement to original Gen it was manufactured with.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
sure, but that's the fairest comparison you can make between the 2 models while allowing that one has a blower on it.
Debatable, but ok, it still lost and obviously won't be any better vs the ZLE.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford should have limited replacement to what the car to the Gen it was manufactured with.
I don't think we actually have actionable proof that the '19 engine is usefully different. And in any event why would Ford stock/build an engine of (supposed) lesser quality when they can just grab the current spec off the shelf? That's one big leap in conspirator collusion right there.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Again, look at the data on track, not a skid pad. I know its not a 1LE. G forces in every corner are different Some as high as 1.45
I know, but it would be interesting with the significantly different suspension etc on a ZLE to see that comparison done again (what we were talking about).

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Debatable, but ok, it still lost and obviously won't be any better vs the ZLE.
And that's why Ford has a 500 now.

The point of my post was, the GT350R has equal grip and that shows

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And that's why Ford has a 500 now.

The point of my post was, the GT350R has equal grip and that shows
The 500 doesn't have any more grip and less in some cases due to weight/power etc. Yes the R has roughly the same amount of grip to a regular ZL1 but not a ZLE.

Edit: FWIW, if I ever went back to a Ford Mustang, I'd get a GT350R every time over a GT500 CFTP.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Can't stick to the facts? You mean the fact that Voodoos have been consistently blowing engines (using a ton of oil) every MY they've been around? And not for just one reason that can be traced and fixed. For numerous reasons hence the biggest thread here is the blown engine thread.

I'd love to meet up at RA. Driver for driver the GT350s.......R or not can't hang with a ZL1 (1LE). They have their hands full against SS 1LEs much less ZL1s.
I've run against a ZL1 1LE a time or two lol... didnt see anything special as I looked in my rearview. btw - "consistently blowing engines" AND "using a ton of oil" are two very different things. The latter of which is a subjective term...

Facts are: These engines are within OEM spec to use oil, some will legitimately "blow" bc of mechanical failure and some will "blow" because they run them out of oil; they're unable to follow simple directions for checking their oil and keeping it topped off. Those that check their oil, may see them burn too much and they get a new motor from Ford. Whats the issue?

I haven't experienced oil loss; I'm losing more from checking it routinely than I've burnt. For whats its worth, I've built engines that use a qt between oil changes. I'd rather see an engine use some, then none at all.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I've run against a ZL1 1LE a time or two lol... didnt see anything special as I looked in my rearview. btw - "consistently blowing engines" AND "using a ton of oil" are two very different things. The latter of which is a subjective term...

Facts are: These engines are within OEM spec to use oil, some will legitimately "blow" bc of mechanical failure and some will "blow" because they run them out of oil; they're unable to follow simple directions for checking their oil and keeping it topped off. Those that check their oil, may see them burn too much and they get a new motor from Ford. Whats the issue?

I haven't experienced oil loss; I'm losing more from checking it routinely than I've burnt. For whats its worth, I've built engines that use a qt between oil changes. I'd rather see an engine use some, then none at all.
And people on Camaro6g/F80 post talk about beating GT350Rs in M3/4s and SS Camaros. They also say they didn't see anything special about the GT350Rs etc. What all of you mean is you beat a less experienced/talented driver.

There are very few modern motors that use or can lose oil as fast as a Voodoo 9again for various reasons). The other I know of is the S63/N63 TTV8s from BMW. Are some of these the owners fault, sure. But, I can't fault a lot of them when an engine is down 3 quarts in a matter of days or a couple weeks. That is pretty unheard of in modern engines.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
And people on Camaro6g/F80 post talk about beating GT350Rs in M3/4s and SS Camaros. They also say they didn't see anything special about the GT350Rs etc. What all of you mean is you beat a less experienced/talented driver.
oh I bet they do

There are very few modern motors that use or can lose oil as fast as a Voodoo 9again for various reasons). The other I know of is the S63/N63 TTV8s from BMW. Are some of these the owners fault, sure. But, I can't fault a lot of them when an engine is down 3 quarts in a matter of days or a couple weeks. That is pretty unheard of in modern engines.
thats why I said: "those that check their oil, may see them burn too much and they get a new motor from Ford. Whats the issue?"

IF you are one of the unlucky few that burn an unacceptable amount of oil then you get a new motor from Ford. Again, what's the problem? The amount of folks that fall into this category is immaterial to the amount of perfectly operating units that were manufactured...

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I had two GT350s and loved them when they worked (engine replacement not even being close to the only issue by the way). I'm not a Ford guy or Chevy guy (I actually hate GM, but the Alpha chassis/ZL1, SSs etc are that good). I've also had a lot of M cars etc. I'm just a car guy that doesn't care about badges nor blindly stick up for a company that continually effs over their customers.

Chevy uses old tech, but they are right there with Ford and beat them plenty of times performance wise. The Camaros/Vettes are plenty fun to drive as well.
I owned 3 Corvettes before switching over to my 350. I'll admit, the vettes were fun, but back surgery forced me out of them.
Sorry, but the 350 is way more fun to drive than the vettes were. I thought that I would miss my vette, but I was wrong. The Mustang has more headroom and the seats are way more comfortable making it easier to drive. I'm 6'3" 260.
The exhaust can't even compare.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Every wonder why we have guys pushing other brands on our Mustang forum. Hard as the other brands try they can't have the impact the Mustang has made. Ford could quit making the Mustang it they might not ever catch up. Got to love it.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I owned 3 Corvettes before switching over to my 350. I'll admit, the vettes were fun, but back surgery forced me out of them.
Sorry, but the 350 is way more fun to drive than the vettes were. I thought that I would miss my vette, but I was wrong. The Mustang has more headroom and the seats are way more comfortable making it easier to drive. I'm 6'3" 260.
The exhaust can't even compare.
Cars like these are a very emotional/personal thing so I don’t doubt your own thoughts on it. No reason to be sorry, I’m glad you found something you love and works for you in your situation.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Every wonder why we have guys pushing other brands on our Mustang forum. Hard as the other brands try they can't have the impact the Mustang has made. Ford could quit making the Mustang it they might not ever catch up. Got to love it.
I’m not pushing anything, I don’t care what people spend their own money on. I’m just talking about a subject in a realistic non fanboy manner.

Every car has some sort of earned reputation and none are perfect to date/my knowledge.

E90 M3s rod bearings.
F80/82 M3/4s spun crank hub if you tune them, emotion less drive and traction issues.
Early ZL1s had oil pump failures, bad visibility etc.
GT350(R) oil eaters/engines blown for various reasons and overall bad reliability/QC issues. But, one of the greatest drivers cars ever built.

And on and on, it is what is.
Sponsored