Sponsored

Enough with unsubstantiated Post of broken Engines

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Can't stick to the facts? You mean the fact that Voodoos have been consistently blowing engines (using a ton of oil) every MY they've been around? And not for just one reason that can be traced and fixed. For numerous reasons hence the biggest thread here is the blown engine thread.
My 2018 has never blown and it burns zero oil after more than 2000 miles, so maybe I am one of the "many" lucky ones... :sunglasses:
Sponsored

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
I build out high end custom cars, and from a builder's point of view. Doing upgrades on Correvetts have literally paid for my Mustang and all the upgrades I've done. While I have only worked on a few S550 Mustangs other than my own.

Thats not opinion, just my real life experience.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Can't stick to the facts? You mean the fact that Voodoos have been consistently blowing engines (using a ton of oil) every MY they've been around? And not for just one reason that can be traced and fixed. For numerous reasons hence the biggest thread here is the blown engine thread.

I'd love to meet up at RA. Driver for driver the GT350s.......R or not can't hang with a ZL1 (1LE). They have their hands full against SS 1LEs much less ZL1s.
So, what is the actual VooDoo Fail rate?

And the key phrase, Driver for driver

And If our really concerned. Im sure we can dig up a GT500

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I build out high end custom cars, and from a builder's point of view. Doing upgrades on Correvetts have literally paid for my Mustang and all the upgrades I've done. While I have only worked on a few S550 Mustangs other than my own.

Thats not opinion, just my real life experience.
Glad you have a lucrative business. You also know then it takes a lot of upgrades, especially suspension/cooling wise to get an S550 up to par with a Gen 6 SS and especially the 1LE Camaros.

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So, what is the actual VooDoo Fail rate?

And the key phrase, Driver for driver

And If our really concerned. Im sure we can dig up a GT500
Nobody knows but Ford, hence all of the secrecy from them about it. A good friend of mine is a Ford mechanic and does all of my work/mods, even on my old BMWs and will on my ZL1. He did my GT350 replacement engine install, which incidentally is how we got to be friends. This is back quite awhile (2016) and he (and the Service Manager/long time Ford employee/mechanic) were extremely surprised how little Ford would let them do to the Voodoo. Don't touch it, rip it out/put the new one in and move on. Sounds the same 4ish years later.

Of course it is driver to driver. That is almost no matter who is in what. Even the shiny new GT500 has problems with ZLEs on certain tracks etc. RA would be a good one as you know for high HP cars such as that.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
My 2018 has never blown and it burns zero oil after more than 2000 miles, so maybe I am one of the "many" lucky ones... :sunglasses:
Good, I hope it stays that way for you. Drive that thing more by the way as they are one of the all time best drivers cars.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Nobody knows but Ford, hence all of the secrecy from them about it. A good friend of mine is a Ford mechanic and does all of my work/mods, even on my old BMWs and will on my ZL1. He did my GT350 replacement engine install, which incidentally is how we got to be friends. This is back quite awhile (2016) and he (and the Service Manager/long time Ford employee/mechanic) were extremely surprised how little Ford would let them do to the Voodoo. Don't touch it, rip it out/put the new one in and move on. Sounds the same 4ish years later.

Of course it is driver to driver. That is almost no matter who is in what. Even the shiny new GT500 has problems with ZLEs on certain tracks etc. RA would be a good one as you know for high HP cars such as that.
So for whatever the reasons we dont have facts. I understand your experience was not good and understand your mindset.

You are also correct, the GT500 will have problems with the ZLE's on certain tracks. The ZLEs will have problems on certain tracks with an R. The tighter the course, the less horsepower matters.

I would love to scale all three cars just to see corner weights. That would be factual data

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
I just don't understand the motivation behind this post. It's like those "Let's Boycott Dealers Who Charge ADM" threads. It's not like anyone is forced to read this message board or it's posts. The only motivation I can think of is folks that are looking to sell and don't want buyers seeing blown engine posts when they google "GT350 reliability."

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So for whatever the reasons we dont have facts. I understand your experience was not good and understand your mindset.

You are also correct, the GT500 will have problems with the ZLE's on certain tracks. The ZLEs will have problems on certain tracks with an R. The tighter the course, the less horsepower matters.

I would love to scale all three cars just to see corner weights. That would be factual data
Of course we won't (the reason is all on Ford though), but circumstantial evidence is extremely heavy in this case. That's' the whole point. Unfortunately because of Fords QC etc the GT350 (as wonderful as it is many aspects) will always have this reputation. Even with attempts like this thread to silence it or change opinions. I think threads like these actually make it worse because it appears like owners etc are trying to cover things up. If anything, it just adds to the noise and inadvertently brings the whole topic up again.

I don't know about the ZLE giving anything back to an R on tighter tracks considering the mechanical grip is higher for the ZLE in all circumstances on paper any way. But, it would be much more of a driver's race on a tighter track. Add some of Steeda's or whoever's suspension mods etc and it is right there with a ZLE for not a lot of money though.

Any way, I'm out, I hope you guys have more happy stories than bad ones. Maybe we'll see each other at RA some day and have some fun. Then get a beer at Siebkens and talk cars. I haven't been out there in years since I stopped going to the Superbike races with friends. Married with kid(s) will do that to a person.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I understand the motivation, because hearing people whine about things they can't control is annoying.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Years later these conversations will live on because people like you cannot stick to facts or respond to facts. I get it, your bored and you think trolling a GT350 forum is fun. Maybe instead of spouting off, you can bring your 1LE to Road America and we can actually have some fun (after the lock down is ended)
It is unfortunate that one or two individuals continue to troll this forum continually month after month and in some cases year after year despite the fact that the vast majority of us GT350/R enthusiasts are having a terrific time with our cool cars.

We all get that there have been a very small percentage of engine failures along the way and certainly feel for those that have been in involved in that situation but to continually troll this forum with a great deal of negativity certainly says a lot about those individuals that just cannot let go and get on with their lives with a new brand of automobile.

As you mentioned maybe some people just get bored and think that trolling our forum is a great deal of fun.:wink:

On another note one of my very first Muscle Cars back in the day was a '68 Camaro RS/SS L78 and without question one of the best Pony Cars that I have ever owned and wished that I still owned it today.:crying:

Having said that comparing the terrific styling/looks, outstanding powertrains, fit and finish and just as important was the passion that came with the 1967 to 1969 1st generation Camaro compared to the 6th generation Camaro is just like day and night as Chevrolet and GM have lost their passion and way for this one time very cool Pony Car.

Unfortunately the main Pony Car competitor of Mustang for the last 5+ decades namely Camaro is dying a very slow death and will go the same way as the Firebird with recent sales figures confirming my prediction.

:sunglasses:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been out there in years since I stopped going to the Superbike races with friends. Married with kid(s) will do that to a person.
that's what kidnapping is for. :) You were supposed to waff 2-stroke (or v8) engine smells into their cribs so they'd grow up craving it. Why sing lullabyes when you can play F1 engines shrieking into the distance?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
that's what kidnapping is for. :) You were supposed to waff 2-stroke (or v8) engine smells into their cribs so they'd grow up craving it. Why sing lullabyes when you can play F1 engines shrieking into the distance?
Trust me, I've got her hooked. We love to watch F1 together and she is only 9. :inlove:

One of the many things we can't wait for to get back to normal when this virus passes (hopefully soon).

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I think the OP just wanted second third and 4th parties to stop reporting. When an owner posts, that is fact and no one here wants to hide fact.

The lateral grip number Chevrolet quotes for the 1LE is 1,10. Look at the corners. There is so much more to this then any of us understand. The important part is we understand that we dont understand an quote magazine times and numbers, Not that they are not valid but, they are only valid for a given day. In this case, the R was 40 ft behind the ZL1 but, there is an explanation at the end of the article for that as well.

The cars are a dead heat
2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-VS-2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350R-track-map.jpg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I think the OP just wanted second third and 4th parties to stop reporting. When an owner posts, that is fact and no one here wants to hide fact.

The lateral grip number Chevrolet quotes for the 1LE is 1,10. Look at the corners. There is so much more to this then any of us understand. The important part is we understand that we dont understand an quote magazine times and numbers, Not that they are not valid but, they are only valid for a given day. In this case, the R was 40 ft behind the ZL1 but, there is an explanation at the end of the article for that as well.

The cars are a dead heat
2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-VS-2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350R-track-map.jpg
That graphic/comparison is a regular ZL1................

Edit: In one of the latest C&D tests the ZL1 1LE tested out at 1.17 on the skid pad.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a30870010/2020-muscle-car-showdown/
Sponsored