SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Recently my ‘19 GT350 will rev higher during shifts, without having my foot on throttle pedal.

For example, I’m in 5th gear. Take foot completely off the throttle pedal so I’m coasting in gear. Push clutch petal in to disengage the clutch, and rpm’s rev higher for a second before coming back down. It can be a couple thousand rpm’s. And no my foot is not on the gas. And I don’t think it’s “throttle hang”.

Could it be a bad throttle position sensor?

anyone have any thoughts to help diagnose?
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sounds like the rev matching feature. Are you moving the shifter at all towards a lower gear?

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
If you're not touching the shifter it could be a error in the rev matching. If you have rev matching turned on, try turning it off to see if the problem goes away.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Was it? I could have sworn it never got that feature, but I'm sure a 350 guy on here knows for sure
No rev matching on the ‘19. So that’s not it.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Recently my ‘19 GT350 will rev higher during shifts, without having my foot on throttle pedal.

For example, I’m in 5th gear. Take foot completely off the throttle pedal so I’m coasting in gear. Push clutch petal in to disengage the clutch, and rpm’s rev higher for a second before coming back down. It can be a couple thousand rpm’s. And no my foot is not on the gas. And I don’t think it’s “throttle hang”.

Could it be a bad throttle position sensor?

anyone have any thoughts to help diagnose?
Do you have a tune? If yes, then you'll have to ask the tuner for advice.

If no, then have you checked for codes? It sounds like a defective clutch position switch - there are two of them. One disengages cruise control at the start of pedal travel and the other enables engine start when the clutch pedal is on the floor. Both are connected to the ECU.

As for the throttle position sensor (it's actually two sensors in one package) or accelerator pedal position sensors (it's also a double sensor setup), it's very unlikely.

If something is wrong with anything, there's likely a code stored in the ECU.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It may sound stupid, but have you checked that the carpet isn't resting against the bottom of the gas pedal? One summer I was working front desk at a shop and a customer dropped his car off with a similar complaint and it was the carpet.
Following that either Forscan or a dealer computer check should be able to tell you if there's a soft code stored for an error.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
A buddy of mine had a similar issue with his Focus RS. Replacing the gas pedal fixed it.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Might also want to check this TSB out. I had that exact same thing happen to mine when I had surging and hesitation issues. Once the output shaft flange nut was replaced and tightened, the surging, hesitation, and the slight 1 second rev when pressing the clutch all stopped and I never had that problem again.

Attachments

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Update: at the dealer getting the TSB work done. Been 2 weeks…hoping to get back soon and hoping this does the trick. Will report back.

thank you, @raiderjatt02

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
It may sound stupid, but have you checked that the carpet isn't resting against the bottom of the gas pedal? One summer I was working front desk at a shop and a customer dropped his car off with a similar complaint and it was the carpet.
Following that either Forscan or a dealer computer check should be able to tell you if there's a soft code stored for an error.
That's would happen to me on my 89 foxbody 5.0. Pedal would get stuck on carpet on full throttle! I'd push in the clutch to avoid a wreck, and the revs would soar. Scary shit.
Sponsored