Sponsored

engine idle issue TSB15-0128 NHTSA ID#10058699 (Ford service rep needed)

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I have been dealing with this erratic idle that causes the car to stutter at idle. This issue has had me leave my car at the dealer on multiple occasions. And every time I do, they can not duplicate my issue, therefore do no work. This has been escalated and I have already spoke with Deisha which put me in contact with my local regional rep and had me take it in again, and again nothing was done. I get that they cant do anything if they see nothing, but I have submitted videos, and even showed them when i drove up. I am getting to the point that the car is going to be traded in, or maybe get a lawyer and see about lemon lawing it. But before i do, i found this tsb with similar symptoms. Has anyone had this fixed, and what was the procedure? If ford wont do it, (which is again a little upsetting) maybe I will if i can, or its going to go bye bye. I heard PCM reprogram or throttle body replaced. Sorry to say probably my last ford purchase after this (4th mustang). Too much money for a major flaw that has no apparent resolution.
Sponsored

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
I would say the problem can be tuned out more than likely. Are you getting any codes out of the PCM?

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No codes generated. Thats the big issue. I too think vacuum. Only occurs on deceleration and not all the time.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
No codes generated. Thats the big issue. I too think vacuum. Only occurs on deceleration and not all the time.
Is your vehicle equipped with a manual transmission and built on or before 12/5/2014?

If so, and if you have a video of it, there is no reason they shouldn't have performed the TSB.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes and yes. They said they get no codes so there's nothing they can diagnose.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Yes and yes. They said they get no codes so there's nothing they can diagnose.
Find a new dealer my friend. They need to learn how to read a TSB:

TSB 15-0128
Some 2015 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 5.0L Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) engine, manual transmission and built on or before 12/5/2014 may exhibit an idle dip and/or loss of RPM with the clutch pedal depressed to stop or downshift after a clutch engaged deceleration condition with no DTCs present during engine warm up.

With your verification (video) that the issue is occurring, they should perform the TSB without question.

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They did the TSB fix which was to reflash pcm with latest release. Did this Thursday. But it still doing same thing. This was tonight

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After getting it back from service Friday. Now its worse. Obviously a engine component but ford keeps reprogramming stuff and now they say to bring it in again but I'll be on foot from here on out. WTH!!!! This is the sixth time its been returned to me and nothing has been fixed. When I picked it up on Friday the dealer tried to charge me $170+ for work done. It was done under warranty so they didn't charge me. However, today the ford service district manager for Helfman Ford area (Houston TX) told me the dealer couldn't duplicate my issue and therefore didn't fix anything. Yet when I picked it up they were gonna charge me for reprogramming a body control module. So why did they reprogram the module if they knew it wasn't related I asked, and she told me, "they probably did it for customer satisfaction." WHAT!!??? So if a customer takes a car in and you cant find the problem you do work that won't help and get paid, just to satisfy the customer??? I am a customer and that statement made me very upset. I will be satisfied when the problem is fixed PROPERLY!! (Excuse language in video, kinda upset)

Sponsored
OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Both clutch in and out. But, only at a complete stop. And it seems only when A/C is off. When I'm coasting its good. When I stop is when the issue comes up. Dealer is saying they haven't duplicated the issue. So they have fixed nothing. Just reprogramming things and sending me on my way. And charging ford for the work I'm sure, because they wanted money this last time I went and got it. Crazy
Sponsored