Engine Fire due to Clutch Master Cylinder

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I remember when this issue came up a long time ago. I believe the fix was push it back on and use a tie wrap.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I remember when this issue came up a long time ago. I believe the fix was push it back on and use a tie wrap.
Wanted this to be a reminder to everyone to check theirs if they haven't done so or gotten around to it. Don't want anyone to end up in my situation. Could've ended badly if it happened during a merge on a fast highway.

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
Please check your lines. My line to the clutch master cylinder popped off during a redline shift from 1-2, sprayed fluid all over the back of the hot engine and a small fire resulted. Luckily it went out by itself by the time the Fire department came by. Took over a month going back and forth with Ford before they approved all the repairs, and included a new clutch. Still currently sitting there even after repairs due to o2 sensor going out and on back order. I think the total time for just various repairs has totaled over 6 months in the shop over a 4 year period. Needless to say, I am not confident in keeping this car past the extended warranty period unless it goes the next 4 years without a hitch. It's unfortunate there is no other car like it in the world. I think if I wanted the same kind of engagement and feel, it'd be a GT3 at over 3x the cost. I will say my car is practically new from all the things that have been replaced.
Add mine to the list that the line was not seated properly. Never came completely off. Thanks for the heads up!

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
just found mine was not seated correctly. pushed it on the rest the the way and i could feel it pop into place. there is a fair amount of tension on the cable. is this something thats keeps coming off as you drive or did the factory just not install it correctly?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Made me look, and gave it tug to check for slack, passed.

I sure like the black brake booster. I had to paint mine black was on the bucket list. Nasty under the hood things to hide.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
just found mine was not seated correctly. pushed it on the rest the the way and i could feel it pop into place. there is a fair amount of tension on the cable. is this something thats keeps coming off as you drive or did the factory just not install it correctly?
If I remember correctly, it came like that from the factory. I'd still just keep an eye on it once in a whille.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Add mine to the list that the line was not seated properly. Never came completely off. Thanks for the heads up!
Nice. Silver linings. Got my car back and it's in proper working order again.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s great news Shift. Hopefully your Ride will be trouble free FrI’m here on out. How many miles did you have on the car when the trouble arose?

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That’s great news Shift. Hopefully your Ride will be trouble free FrI’m here on out. How many miles did you have on the car when the trouble arose?
27k miles.

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Just like this
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Now put a zip tie on it and forget about it.