Sponsored

End of the GT350 Production. What is Ford's plan?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But still, for $12 - 15k, some would overlook (or change) the Getrag in order to get a car with close to GT350 track capability. I might. I'd be in the "change the tranny" camp, though.
it's only 4.5 grand too. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7000-M8S
So between ancillary parts and labor pencil in 6 large to get a proper trans and cooler. Hassle, defininitely but there is residual 'core' value to a low mile Getrag so might get 2 large back.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would like the marketing people for the Mustang to be required to purchase a Mustang so they can get a feel of what they like or dislike about selecting the options they want on their very own Mustang.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Forgot all about the Getrag --> Tremec thing. Drove a Bullitt and a GT350 within a week of each other. Couldn't wait to give the Bullitt back and tried every scheme in the books to keep the GT350 longer. At least 25% of that had to do with the MT in the Bullitt. Hated it. But still, for $12 - 15k, some would overlook (or change) the Getrag in order to get a car with close to GT350 track capability. I might. I'd be in the "change the tranny" camp, though.
Which brings us back to that CJ Pony Parts Mach 1 video from earlier this year (which they removed from their channel less than a week later). Their source claimed the Mach 1 would use the Getrag manual from the GT350, along with a mix of PP2/GT350 brake and suspension parts. Add in coolers, and you have a track ready Mustang. The prototype spotted a couple of months back was already sporting the PP2 wheel and tire package. Whilst I wouldn't expect that exact design to be used on the Mach 1, I would expect the car to use the same specs in terms of width/offset set.

Ideally, I'd love to see two versions. The manual being the track orientated version with coolers and Cup 2 tires, and the 10-speed version without coolers and MPS4S tires.

I know we've spoken before about the possibility of the Mach 1 using the hybrid tech........but if it is going to be a track oriented car, I'd be surprised if Ford would use a hybrid powertrain on a track car. At least, not straight out of the gate. I'd love to be wrong though.
Mach 1 spied 1.jpg

Reactions: JWS

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Let’s see if anyone buys a new tranny and drops it into the GT500

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...Their source claimed the Mach 1 would use the Getrag manual from the GT350,..
I'm pretty sure you meant "Tremec manual" :)

The thing is, there is no reason to believe that the Mach 1, if that's what's in the picture, will be fit for track duty. As @Wildcardfox alluded to in an earlier post, those microscopic rear brakes just scream "donuts in the mall parking lot, no problem; racetrack, no thanks". If Ford comes out with an NA replacement for the GT350 with a DCT in it, I'd be interested, but the Mach 1 is definitely not that car.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Next Shelby GT350 will be an electrical car and Ford will tell us that Carroll Shelby would be very proud of it.
Sponsored