End of the Day - 2018 Purchase

TTA365

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi S5, 2011 Vert Vette
So end of the day, when one of these 2018 Mustang GT shows up at the dealerships in SoCal, I'm going to drive it, and if I'm happy then going to order one. I don't see any reason at this point why I would not be happy, but for 50K, I'm going to need to know. Speaking of 50K, I imagine a fair ordering price for a loaded hardtop GT is going to be 7% minus the MSRP. So that's my question to the Forum, if the dealership will not commit to minus 7% off off of MSRP, should I try another dealership to order the car? Getting a white one, so no hope of finding one configured the way I want it. Essentially want a white hardtop one without the Ricaro seats or whatever it is. And maybe without the "security package" or whatever the heck they call it, if one cannot turn off the automatic breaking function. Help me with the negotiation, what should one command in SoCal? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
im not sure about 18's but i been shopping around a little on 2017's and 5-6k off is realistic. for 18's id imagine less but also depends on what area of socal

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Join the MCA and at least you can get X plan pricing. It will save you a little coin.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I emailed all the dealers in my area and said I am looking for invoice or better best offer wins. I have one at $2000 below invoice and two at $1000 below. Never negotiate from MSRP, always start from invoice.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I emailed all the dealers in my area and said I am looking for invoice or better best offer wins. I have one at $2000 below invoice and two at $1000 below. Never negotiate from MSRP, always start from invoice.
Is that for a 2018?

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
"Best" price isn't always the best deal. You should also consider how much each dealer will give you for your trade in. How much are any dealer fees? What kind of finance rate/terms does each offer? Pricing for any extras you might want (i.e. prepaid maintenance or extended service plans). Nice dealer vs scumbag dealer?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
On a 2018.

No.

No you don't have two offers, one at $1k below invoice, and one at $2k below invoice.

No dealership is going to lose money shipping a brand new, in demand car.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Best" price isn't always the best deal. You should also consider how much each dealer will give you for your trade in. How much are any dealer fees? What kind of finance rate/terms does each offer? Pricing for any extras you might want (i.e. prepaid maintenance or extended service plans). Nice dealer vs scumbag dealer?
Not trading in - giving my 06 GT to my daughter. Paying cash, so no financing. Of course I didn't tell them any of that at first - my email said that I won't talk about trade ins or financing until we agree on a final price. Also said to include all fees in their offer, which they did. Most dealers around here have a $699 doc fee, so that $2000 below invoice is more like $1400. Nice vs scumbag dealer - don't care as long as I get the car that I want. I can take it to any dealer for service after the sale. The dealer that is at $2000 below won't even take a deposit. Hopefully they're not blowing smoke, but if so I still have the other dealers at $1000 below.

I highly recommend email - I won't even talk on the phone with them. A couple of the asked to call me and I said nope - email only until I need to sign the papers.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
On a 2018.

No.

No you don't have two offers, one at $1k below invoice, and one at $2k below invoice.

^^^^THIS !!

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a 2018.

No.

Not sure what any of this means :shrug:. What exactly are you doubting about the info I posted?

I'm skeptical about the $2000 below offer of course - we'll see how it plays out.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Plus, I'd like to know who knows "Invoice" pricing on 2018s right now. I highly doubt that info is available on the net yet.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tell3131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Plus, I'd like to know who knows "Invoice" pricing on 2018s right now. I highly doubt that info is available on the net yet.
Invoice pricing is out there, not hard to get. Dealer has holdback of 3% of MSRP normally that they can work with below invoice. If car was $50,000 then there would be holdback of roughly $1500 so a car $1000 below invoice would still be in the realm of dealer holdback. If Stang was $60,000 then $1800 in holdback. With incentives (in my area they are $750) the $2000 is definatley in range of where one could buy a 2018 Mustang GT. These cars are not rare, they will produce plenty of them. . . bargains are to be had. In addition there is even $750 private offer cash right now, so take that plus the $750 rebate, and that puts you at $1500 below invoice if you can get one at invoice and then you take the dealer holdback and you could well be below $3000 invoice.

Edit:
(The private offer cash is not offered to everyone, it has been discussed in detail in many other threads, my suggestion on getting the private offer is to clear your cookie/browser history and go to www.ford.com and just play around. Also, order mail brochures from Ford. That is how I have gotten the rebate in the past).

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Actual invoice pricing is only available to the dealer. The "invoice" pricing on the internet and what the dealership so happily show customers now is bullshit. They know how to play the game. Doesn't mean you're not getting a good deal, just don't be fooled into thinking you're paying that much below ACTUAL invoice.
Sponsored