Sponsored

End of production of Shelby GT350/R after 2020. Will resale price climb?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
if you wanna find out, lemme know...I am also in Cali, and run up and down the I-5 in my 350R almost weekly

I was also in the 101st...326th Engineers from 92-97
Nice! I had lived in Fresno so I would always be on the 99. Moved to the central coast so now its the 101 for me which is kinda ironic considering. Just wish this COVID stuff would go away so I can meet some of the guys here. I'm playing it safe right for now, I got an autoimmune disease and messed up lungs thanks to Afghanistan.

Great thats pretty cool man, was always fun when you guys came out for Eagle Flights. You ever go to Air Assault school? I was there 2012-2015.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
How do I respond to that? Right on cue? My peave?

I have never had a problem with you until some of your responses have come my way. I mean really, some of the thing you have said are inappropriate and so full of hate. This seems to coincide with the time that Harry left. I get it, he is a friend of yours.

So, bottom line, this forum is exactly that. People are supposed to be able to view their ideas and share knowledge. What is not supposed to happen are these petty attacks that are counter productive.

As I have said many times before to you, I would be happy to leave you alone if you do the same with me. Its a shame Harry had to leave the way he did. I get that you are mad over it. But Harry misunderstood something I said and after I tried to remedy it, He left in protest and ever since I have had to endure your aggressive posts towards me.

So feel free to PM me and if we can discuss our differences, Im all for it.
Interesting... I offered an olive branch and you come back with nothing but lies and conjecture. Sad that you project your issues on me and Harry.

I offered... but Iā€™m not gonna be your punching bag while being peacemaker. Own your sh!t.

Peace.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Interesting... I offered an olive branch and you come back with nothing but lies and conjecture. Sad that you project your issues on me and Harry.

I offered... but Iā€™m not gonna be your punching bag while being peacemaker. Own your sh!t.

Peace.
See what I mean?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Im just going to tag every post with the love emoji until this stops ;)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I found tramlining to only be a factor on roads with ruts and imperfections in the asphalt (aka, street driving). On a prepped and maintained track, there was no tramlining at all.

So since the R is a track focused 350, I dont see what the comparison is all about. You buy an R for a track focused 350 and a non R for all the goodies without the extra expense.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Yeah that's kinda how I feel. Would be pretty annoying having to deal with the front splitter and the carbon fiber wheels with the R using it as a daily driver. Also the rear seat delete is nice but you loose alot of functionality with it. I like the style of the wheels tough. I really like basic 5 spoke design rims, I have similar styled rims for my other car. I do feel like the carbon fiber wheels were a way for Ford to 'cheap out' on weight savings, and it kinda screws over the customers because they are so expensive to replace and I feel like that the price will only go up since, the car is out of production. This is why alot of owners just replace the rims. I'm okay with taking the hit of $20,000 for replacing the engine out of warranty if it ever dies but having to spend $4,000 for just a wheel is a hard pill to swallow for me. I am glad Ford thought it out and didn't create much disparity between the GT350 and GT350R.

I do find it interesting though that the newer one supposedly tramlines less than the regular GT350. But I always thought the tramlining had to deal with the tires and the offset sizes.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Im just going to tag every post with the love emoji until this stops ;)
You missed putting love emojis on the first 75 posts.... how about we call it complete so you donā€™t have to enter 75 additional inputs. It is the thought that counts and your intent is well respected!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah that's kinda how I feel. Would be pretty annoying having to deal with the front splitter and the carbon fiber wheels with the R using it as a daily driver. Also the rear seat delete is nice but you loose alot of functionality with it. I like the style of the wheels tough. I really like basic 5 spoke design rims, I have similar styled rims for my other car. I do feel like the carbon fiber wheels were a way for Ford to 'cheap out' on weight savings, and it kinda screws over the customers because they are so expensive to replace and I feel like that the price will only go up since, the car is out of production. This is why alot of owners just replace the rims. I'm okay with taking the hit of $20,000 for replacing the engine out of warranty if it ever dies but having to spend $4,000 for just a wheel is a hard pill to swallow for me. I am glad Ford thought it out and didn't create much disparity between the GT350 and GT350R.

I do find it interesting though that the newer one supposedly tramlines less than the regular GT350. But I always thought the tramlining had to deal with the tires and the offset sizes.
True on all counts. I dont mind the tramlining. It isn't that bad and you get used to it. The only time it really grabs your attention is if the road is uneven or there are ruts that induce the steering offset. But on most pavement surfaces, it really isn't that bad, hardly noticeable.

The wheels.... they are a blessing and a curse. They are magnificent works of engineering that really are special. For me, I use them on the track. For street use, I have a set of fully forged aluminum wheels that wear Cup2s as well because i do want to preserve as much of the original characteristics of the car as possible.

The splitter..... i see no reason why Ford has to do this to their owners. If you have a VIN, and you are able to demonstrate a need to buy a replacement part, you shouldnt be price gouged to the point that it is prohibitive. The 500 is the same way. Any specialty part that differentiates the 500 from another stang is inflated beyond belief.

I really dig the 350. I'll keep them for the foreseeable future because they are unique and a joy to drive. In the hands of a good driver, you will hang with the best of them. A friend witnessed a fellow member here at Daytona hands down beat the snot out of a GT500CFTP at Daytona. My best times have run in the 2:04 and 2:05 range, whereas a decent 500 driver was running 2:08ish. That is how special the R is. It is a car that will be looked back on as special.

Back to the point of this thread, special doesn't mean collector grade and high resale value in the short term. I was very fortunate to get $62K for my triple yellow R on a trade. In the time I made the deal, to the time I traded her in (about a year), the car lost about $10k in value.

Anyway, like I said, buy them to drive, not to collect or speculate IMHO.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Anyway, like I said, buy them to drive, not to collect IMHO.
Thank You, this has always been my belief... I already have 18,000+ miles on my 2019 Shelby. I plan on driving (enjoying) this car for many years at this same rate, then selling it and buying someoneā€™s ā€œGarage Queenā€ in 2025. They will provide me a low mileage 2020 Shelby to start the driving process all over again.
Carroll Shelby would approve... apparently he did not like garage queen vehicles either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You missed putting love emojis on the first 75 posts.... how about we call it complete so you donā€™t have to enter 75 additional inputs. It is the thought that counts and your intent is well respected!
I figured Iā€™d pretend I was assembling new Mustangs and only do part of the job.

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 ā€˜16 Hellcat ā€˜18 Demon ā€˜80 CJ7 ā€˜81 CJ8 ā€˜83 CJ7 Laredo
Iā€™m pretty new here. Iā€™m curious as to how Drumreaper knows that Tomsterā€™s wife is a lawyer?? Do these two guys know each other outside of this forum?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m pretty new here. Iā€™m curious as to how Drumreaper knows that Tomsterā€™s wife is a lawyer?? Do these two guys know each other outside of this forum?
No, I dont know Fred personally. It was probably back during the tech pack cooler class action suit that the subject came up. Since then if there were any legal subjects that would come up, like someone getting a hard time from a dealer over a contract or whatever, i would ask my wife for legal advice and pass it on. People hear lawyer and think ambulance chaser. Very narrow minded. Some lawyers serve the public and don't fit the stereotype.

Anyway, I think I know where you are going with this observation. Things just may have gotten a bit to cozy. You hang around a place for a while, and make some friends who share in your enthusiasm for a car, and the next thing you know, well, you are seeing it.

Overall a great group of people, so don't let a thread like this give you any false impressions.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Having owned a 17 GT350 and a 19 GT350R and now a 2020 GT305R there is a clear difference in the tramlining between the pre 20 models and the 20 models. The tramline is nonexistent in my 20R compared to my 17 and 19R. When I first bought my 17 GT350, which was my first GT350, I thought something was wrong with the car, like low tire pressure, when I drove it home from the dealer. It pulled me into every groove hard. In my 20R it is just like driving a normal car. Some may not appreciate that feel as some prefer the race car pull of the tramline. Me personally, not so much.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Having owned a 17 GT350 and a 19 GT350R and now a 2020 GT305R there is a clear difference in the tramlining between the pre 20 models and the 20 models. The tramline is nonexistent in my 20R compared to my 17 and 19R. When I first bought my 17 GT350, which was my first GT350, I thought something was wrong with the car, like low tire pressure, when I drove it home from the dealer. It pulled me into every groove hard. In my 20R it is just like driving a normal car. Some may not appreciate that feel as some prefer the race car pull of the tramline. Me personally, not so much.
So do you think the prices of GT350s will climb since production has ended?
Sponsored