Sponsored

Enable line lock for 2015-17 Mustang EBs and V6s with ease

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Cross-posting it here for folks that don't visit the DIY section often:

2015-17 Mustang EBs and V6s got screwed on the line-lock, which came with the GTs. It's not that GTs came with a better ABS module; the hardware is the same but Ford installed a different firmware for EBs and V6s that prevented the activation of the line lock feature in the software. Now you can use FORScan and a cheap OBD II to USB interface (which is required for other methods anyways) to flash the firmware and enable the line lock, without having to replace the ABS module and hydraulic pump or buying an expensive UCDS tool.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/line-lock-enabled-on-non-gt.96154/page-6#post-2591279

line_lock.jpg
line_lock_engaged.jpg
Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
awesome, nicely done. i was considering buying one of those kits to flash it, now i don't have to!

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
awesome, nicely done. i was considering buying one of those kits to flash it, now i don't have to!
Funny thing is that I inquired about those expensive IDS interfaces and software a while back but they were out stock. I'm glad I didn't follow up on it.

Sponsored

Cyclone390GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this, Bull! I tried it this evening on my 16 MT base with the files you provided and it worked flawlessly!
3DACEC24-C8FC-4EE6-A872-B45392EAED53.jpeg

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
it didn't give you launch control I notice. so is there no way to get that feature?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I downloaded and extracted those 3 files he included, and it tells me 2 of them dont match my PN of my car. it wont allow me to "program them" gives me a error. cant do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I downloaded and extracted those 3 files he included, and it tells me 2 of them dont match my PN of my car. it wont allow me to "program them" gives me a error. cant do it.
I got a similar warning but it let me flash the firmware. Do you have the screenshots? Which OBD II interface are you using?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I got a similar warning but it let me flash the firmware. Do you have the screenshots? Which OBD II interface are you using?

I had to hit download button and fixed it

Mine is fully running and everything. I have all the stuff just won’t let me use linelock fully, goes through the steps and then when it has 15 and says ok it says error. Done it warmed up flat etc

Gonna try to reset the above advice the lateral abs reset. Any other suggestion?

Do you guys notice any quicker braking or anything? I could just be placebo but feel like my brake brakes a bit quicker. I am non pp though

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I had to hit download button and fixed it

Mine is fully running and everything. I have all the stuff just won’t let me use linelock fully, goes through the steps and then when it has 15 and says ok it says error. Done it warmed up flat etc

Gonna try to reset the above advice the lateral abs reset. Any other suggestion?

Do you guys notice any quicker braking or anything? I could just be placebo but feel like my brake brakes a bit quicker. I am non pp though
I did hit the download button during my install to download the old firmware in case I had to roll back. I guess perhaps it was forcing you to make a backup before proceeding.

I had to try a couple of times before I figured out how to get the line lock to work. If you search the forum, there are several people who had trouble going through all the steps.

I didn't feel any difference in braking after the firmware update. I did slam on the brakes as a test and ABS seemed to be working as same as before.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Question, I used the defaulted codes mentioned here For the options post (the two codes for collision and such)

2113-3111-00E0
0200-79E6

But my original codes was different, these are options correct of my car?

Instead of using those. Should I punch in my old codes from my previous ecoboost code to get the correct features back or waste of time?

I was going to do it tomorrow on the gt flash, out the two codes in this picture back. (This is pre gt flash shot of ecoboost code) what exactly is this lines of code? My logic is Itl give the features back it has before perfectly.
2BE4E783-8ECD-4BA7-AAAF-EA9035291BA9.jpeg
Sponsored