Sponsored

Emissions won't pass because of a possible Tune was installed and turned off the O2 sensors???

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Its Ok there are already to many people here anyway...:D
You lost a couple of house seats, so looks like people are leaving.....
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You lost a couple of house seats, so looks like people are leaving.....

Yeah, but not enough. Traffic is still way jacked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Traffic is still way jacked.
First time I went to Ca was in the 80's. I couldn't wait to see the place. Then I got to LA and it took an hour to go 10 miles, at 11 O'clock at night.....

I couldn't leave fast enough.

Last time I was in Cali was in 89. I missed the bridge by less than an hour. I figured the universe was telling me to never come back. I never have.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
First time I went to Ca was in the 80's. I couldn't wait to see the place. Then I got to LA and it took an hour to go 10 miles, at 11 O'clock at night.....

I couldn't leave fast enough.

Last time I was in Cali was in 89. I missed the bridge by less than an hour. I figured the universe was telling me to never come back. I never have.

Actually Cali in the 80s and even the 90s was an awesome place. Los Angeles is huge, one of the largest cities (geographically) in the world. Where I live in Los Angeles near the beach is one of the best places to live in the country. I am just down the street from Manhattan Beach which was rated as one of the best places to live in the country.

However, the last 20 years has been devastating to California. The ultra far left has destroyed this place (don't mean to get political, but must call a spade a spade)to a point even I am thinking of leaving. I grew up in Az, but I love the beach so it could be off to Florida. Its just the bugs, humidity in Florida seems to be a bummer.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So since “Lund” has been brought up multiple times in this thread - and the discussion by others that Lund “locks” out the PCM …

If a buyer purchases any used vehicle that has been found to have a “Lund tune” - but is absent of a way to revert their (Lund’s) tune back to a stock “as built” tune OR any way to adjust/modify the existing tune…

can that person contact Lund and provide the vehicle VIN to (somehow) get Lund to flash back the PCM to stock or provide that owner a tune that will pass emissions?

Does Lund keep a database of customer VINs and what was supplied to that VIN as type of tune, version of tune, if they sold a hand head tuner device, or even if they retained a copy of the stock tune (or PCM calibration)? I know this is a question “to ask Lund”, but I figured I’d ask it here since many in this forum seem to mention them in many threads.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I love the beach so it could be off to Florida. Its just the bugs, humidity in Florida seems to be a bummer.
Naples, or Sarasota. You'll still find hissing cockroaches the size of a Snickers Bar but that seems more common in Tampa.

IMO avoid Lund at all costs. No tuner's IP is so damn valuable that it should cripple the owner's ability to recover.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If they keep any data better be prepared to pay for it

Doubt it tho

Couldn’t someone buy ecu out of junker and flash it/reprogram ford ids to their car. Idk we do it with motorcycles

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST , 21 GT Mustang , 16 Fusion
So since “Lund” has been brought up multiple times in this thread - and the discussion by others that Lund “locks” out the PCM …

If a buyer purchases any used vehicle that has been found to have a “Lund tune” - but is absent of a way to revert their (Lund’s) tune back to a stock “as built” tune OR any way to adjust/modify the existing tune…

can that person contact Lund and provide the vehicle VIN to (somehow) get Lund to flash back the PCM to stock or provide that owner a tune that will pass emissions?

Does Lund keep a database of customer VINs and what was supplied to that VIN as type of tune, version of tune, if they sold a hand head tuner device, or even if they retained a copy of the stock tune (or PCM calibration)? I know this is a question “to ask Lund”, but I figured I’d ask it here since many in this forum seem to mention them in many threads.

You can email us at Lund with your VIN number and device serial number and we can make a stock file if you do not have one on the device to load to stock . Our tunes right now are fully compliant but many users vehicles are not street compliant so if the car does not have fully compliant items then it may not pass. If you have a nGauge then the stock file usually can be loaded if you are up to date on firmware and you press TUNING then press LOAD STOCK

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You can email us at Lund with your VIN number and device serial number and we can make a stock file if you do not have one on the device to load to stock
He doesn't have the flashing device and the car has non stock items installed.

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST , 21 GT Mustang , 16 Fusion
He doesn't have the flashing device and the car has non stock items installed.
He will need a new device, all emissions compliant modifications and a new tune. Problem here is he may have to start over like a new customer would as without knowing the old device number we won't find the tune folder .

It boggles my mind why people sell these vehicles with a tune loaded and they don't provide the device with it. The concern is more on how much money they will make on the device rather than the other person's dealings later. People are only out for themselves

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It boggles my mind why people sell these vehicles with a tune loaded and they don't provide the device with it.
in a dealer-type sale the tuning device gets pocketed or lost even if the PO had included it. There is just no excuse for selling a car commercially with a tune still on it.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
in a dealer-type sale the tuning device gets pocketed or lost even if the PO had included it. There is just no excuse for selling a car commercially with a tune still on it.
Now that's just shame. Kind of shows how the dealers really don't give a rats a$$ about customers. If the tuning device comes in with a car, it should go out with the same care. Simple as that. Deceitful and sad really. Not saying this is what happened in OPs case, but could be. Sure, the OP would have the tuner and his own stock file but would still require some wrenching (intake) OR he could get with the original tuner and purchase an emissions tune if the tuner could do it. As it is, he's behind square 1 - not even at the start yet.

Good luck OP. If this was a family friend of the dealer i'd be putting a little more pressure on them or take the car to them directly and have them do the emissions test.

OP
OP
flyleclair

flyleclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I have an update........I was able to get in contact with the previous owner. He said there's an SCT Tune on the car but no sensors are bypassed. He had no issues getting the car inspected last year so he is going to work with me to get this figured out with the dealership I took it to. He is also going to give me the tuning device. I have a call into the service consultant and waiting to hear from him. I will let you all know what happens. Thank you everyone for your input.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have an update........I was able to get in contact with the previous owner. He said there's an SCT Tune on the car but no sensors are bypassed. He had no issues getting the car inspected last year so he is going to work with me to get this figured out with the dealership I took it to. He is also going to give me the tuning device. I have a call into the service consultant and waiting to hear from him. I will let you all know what happens. Thank you everyone for your input.
That's great!

But... there you go... kept the tuner... Grrr!!! Am I to assume that the SCT tune could account for the JLT and 18 intake or is it "just" an SCT tuner with an aftermarket (Lund, PBD, Wengard, AED etc) tune?
Sponsored