Sponsored

Emissions won't pass because of a possible Tune was installed and turned off the O2 sensors???

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That's great!
But... there you go... kept the tuner... Grrr!!! Am I to assume that the SCT tune could account for the JLT and 18 intake or is it "just" an SCT tuner with an aftermarket (Lund, PBD, Wengard, AED etc) tune?
the SCT will have the stock tune. and a copy of whatever is currently flashed to the car and any other revisions.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
the SCT will have the stock tune. and a copy of whatever is currently flashed to the car and any other revisions.
Yes it should. My point being if it was just a generic tune from SCT (without an actual tuning shop associated to it) as this is how the OP came across. "He said there's an SCT Tune on the car but no sensors are bypassed. " I did not realize that a generic tune could account for the JLT and manifold. My apologies for my ignorance as i've not used a generic tuning device so I have no idea what comes pre-loaded on them.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The canned SCT tune might be able to tune for the JLT, I don't know if JLT is in the drop down menu for CAI's, but it will not make the 18 manni work.

So it has to have an actual tune from a tune shop.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I did not realize that a generic tune could account for the JLT and manifold.
the boxed tunes are essentially no different than the factory. except it will have (minimal?) Octane tweaks. I think the seller is confused as to the state of his ECU.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I would agree. I hope the previous owner is upfront about the tune etc. maybe he has the old intake stuff as well. Would really help him out.
Sponsored