Sponsored

EMERGENCY - oil return line leaking - cut on the braided line

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
stupidly i didn’t route the return line far enough from the supercharger pulley and the pulley ended up cutting a slit in the oil return line... now there’s oil spraying everywhere.

it’s a small cut so i’m wondering if there’s some sort of sealant or gasket maker that i could put over it to stop the leak?

could i wrap some teflon tape around it?
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
stupidly i didn’t route the return line far enough from the supercharger pulley and the pulley ended up cutting a slit in the oil return line... now there’s oil spraying everywhere.

it’s a small cut so i’m wondering if there’s some sort of sealant or gasket maker that i could put over it to stop the leak?

could i wrap some teflon tape around it?
There's solutions to repair it, but none of them are good. Just replace the line. The last thing you want is a repair that fails and ends up costing huge amounts (possibly your entire car if a leak causes a fire you can't get out before the car burns down).

OP
OP

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
There's solutions to repair it, but none of them are good. Just replace the line. The last thing you want is a repair that fails and ends up costing huge amounts (possibly your entire car if a leak causes a fire you can't get out before the car burns down).
i’m walking to find some teflon tape now. Do you think that will be ok to hold it for like 5km until i get a new line tomorrow ?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
i’m walking to find some teflon tape now. Do you think that will be ok to hold it for like 5km until i get a new line tomorrow ?
Probably. If you're really in a pinch, I'd try to find a saddle clamp or something to go over top of the taping, for belt and suspenders.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

If you think I'm being dramatic about burning down a car from oil spray inside the engine bay

OP
OP

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt

If you think I'm being dramatic about burning down a car from oil spray inside the engine bay
tried the teflon tape and it didn't even seal it. Luckily i made it hope though - hopefully it didnt damage the supercharger or anything else by driving it =/ gonna replace the line tomorrow
Sponsored