Elon Musk to buy Twitter--take private--WOW! [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Goodbye; Not that I'm aware. Although, if I have something negative to say I normally say it and move on... I don't engage people in endless conversations/arguments. Which is why I don't normally respond to your posts and some others. If I say something to you and follow it up, we could go all weekend... and mods tend to hate that. Plus, frankly, I don't have the time.

It is like the joke earlier about the trailer, weed, etc... Ask Chris Rock, everyone gets triggered over jokes these days. But did I engage when someone decided to attack? No.... no need. I proudly lived in a trailer at one point in my life. LOL

Oh, and to answer your question about bots: They are fake accounts... a program to perform repetitive tasks over and over. In the case of Twitter, they spread crypto spam/scams, dating scams, etc. They can also pretend to be the person who the person is following and attempt to scam them.
Hello; Thing is I have experience with you in other threads. I know better. You do engage and keep on responding. I do not know what the mods on this site like or dislike. I get no feedback from them so far.
I and several others have been blocked from the science is canceled thread over time. I did ask why but was not told. I did note that those who were blocked or otherwise removed had something in common with me. That being we had similar view points. Without actually knowing what i did it might be reasonable to figure there has been a bias, especially during the pandemic discussion.

That there was a one sidedness on the twitter apparently is one of the reasons EM bought the thing. At least such is being reported. It is too early to know how that will play out. For my part it would be good if all sites open to the general public would be neutral in their administration.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; A question. I have been hearing some of the accounts on twitter are "bots". Some say less than 5% others say maybe 20%. I vaguely understand that a bot is a computer program. Is there more to this?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hello; I get it. If the number of bots approaches 20% Musk will not be getting the population of real human users he was led to believe he was negotiating for at the start of the deal. If 5% or less then 95% of subscribers are real people.
Yes, exactly. I’m not sure if he is playing games and trying to lower the agreed share value for purchase or what’s on his mind. If he defaults on the purchase, he has agreed to pay one billion to walk away. Crazy, rich man game.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m sure there’s a clause in there for misrepresentation. It’s pretty telling the CEO of Twitter is refusing to do random sampling to prove what the percentage is. Been pretty entertaining to watch everyone going batshxt crazy over the purchase though.

Yes, exactly. I’m not sure if he is playing games and trying to lower the agreed share value for purchase or what’s on his mind. If he defaults on the purchase, he has agreed to pay one billion to walk away. Crazy, rich man game.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; a thought. Even if the deal to buy all of twitter falls apart Musk will still own a lot of shares in the business, Is this correct?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
He is/will be a majority owner, yes.

That is unless he pumps and dumps--which is what many think he is trying to do.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
He is/will be a majority owner, yes.

That is unless he pumps and dumps--which is what many think he is trying to do.
Hello; Say he does dump and walks away. Will the fact that Twitter, so far, is not willing to do a check to see how many "fake" ( spam; bots) accounts it has make the stock drop?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I do not have a twitter account. Can I read stuff without an account?

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
^Yes. I also suggest not getting started with an account. I dropped mine years ago. A complete waste of time like Facebook, which I also dumped many years ago.

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
I like threads like this. You can kinda tell who drives around, alone, wearing a mask. :cwl:
Sponsored