Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You guys keep replying yet continually fall to respond and disprove any of my arguments in full context. It's like I'm Jermy Corbyn and you're Boris Johnson, I'm just dunking on you fake news believe boomers, lmao.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
You guys keep replying yet continually fall to respond and disprove any of my arguments in full context. It's like I'm Jermy Corbyn and you're Boris Johnson, I'm just dunking on you fake news believe boomers, lmao.
I'm not a Boomer, so spin on that. You are just showing how dumb and biased you are. Boomers have multi ideologies, just like every other gen set.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
In fact, let me dumb this down as best I can.

In capitalism, companies compete with each other to get the highest profit margin possible. In order to get the highest profit margin possible, they must keep their costs as low as possible. Labor is a cost. Ergo, the goal is to pay as low as possible for employees. There is essentially a race for the bottom for who can pay their employees the least while still being productive.

This race for lowest production costs possible means things like automation, changing full-time employees to contract/temp work, outsourcing, nixing things like retirement pensions, fighting against minimum wage increases, anything to drive down this cost.

So if you consider the above then think about this: Capitalism depends on consumption, i.e. people buying things. People need to buy the basics, stuff like food and shelter. But capitalism also needs them to buy things like iPads, purses, skateboards, etc. Basically, people need disposable income.

So it looks to me like there is a conflict between the need for lowest labor costs possible and the need for consumers to spend their income. But wait it gets better! They found the solution. Debt. Rich people loan poor people money with interest to buy all that stuff. Medical debt, mortgage debt, student loan debt, car loan debt, credit card debt, etc.

As a result of this race to the lowest production cost possible, wages aren't going up despite very low unemployment. It also why you hear about how Americans don't have enough saved to cover a $400 emergency. It's not that wages aren't going up because capitalism is failing, on the contrary, wages aren't going up because capitalism is achieving its goal of streamlined low-cost production extremely well. Wages are essentially becoming as optimized as they can get. It's also why there are so many "Millenials kill x industry" stories, categories of products and services are being "killed off" because they depend on a level of disposable income that the newest generations just simply do not have.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ism-s-income-inequality-is-national-emergency Ray fucking Dalio is even like whoa now maybe shit is out of hand here. Imagine a billionaire telling us plebians that we, in fact, are getting shit on.

Welcome to Corporatism

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Just posted a factual article about highest income equality in decades and you're over here like, DUDE BUT WE GOT 7+ MILLION NEW MINIMUM WAGE JOBS LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT POVERTY LEVELS EVER MAGA TRUMP 2020.

Edit: This isn't even a fucking Trump debate. I don't even dislike the dude and I voted for him. You boomers literally think this is a left vs right argument.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

God damn leftists saving NY 3 billion from good guy Jeff Bezos.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I keep proving you wrong in literally every way. Still waiting on you to post actual facts with data to support. I understand that is asking a lot since you eat fake news up like it's going out of style.

Typical boomer can't even decipher fact from fiction.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Now let's all be civil for a few hours and root for Baylor to win so that OU can go to the college football playoffs.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Ok, first off please keep this directed towards the economy as that is my specialty and I don't have much of an opinion or knowledge on most of what you linked. Secondly, post articles backing up your claims that are peer viewed or are accredited unbiased news organizations. I'm not over here posting CNN and vox bullshit so please help me out here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.