Elegant vs. Aggressive S550 Build?

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Properly lowered (not stance nation nonsense) with wider wheels using the proper backspacing to push the tires to the edge of the fenders would look just right.

Something like this;

375517-1-2015-mustang-ford-eibach-lowering-springs-project6gr-other-black.jpg

I personally wouldn't do anything that would require you to cut or drill into your car
thats super clean, how much did u lower and what did u do to ur headlights
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Likely too late to save the OP any time, financial, ethos resources, but:

The S550 is baroque/rococo enough in its basic form that "elegant" just plain doesn't fit;

Race Red eliminates any hope to pull it back into "elegant" (think "little black dress");

That's two strikes right there. Adding just about any of the standard S550 embellishments passes the Hopeless tipping point.

I've always felt that only the first of my six Mustangs ever had a hope of being thought of as elegant; the 2006 convertible was simple, made a definite statement of economy-of-line-and-concept, all the subsequent ones strayed farther and farther away from the classy envelope, "elegant".

Underneath it all, the OP might have chosen a better pair of adjectives to launch his exploration.

For my part, I'd be all over an elegant-looking Mustang with all the modern engineering and materials advances.

Mustang2006HiLRVmtSoledad.jpg
Mustang2006LFVortegaHwy.jpg
Mustang2006LineDrawing.jpg
Mustang2006LineDrawing2.jpg
Mustang2006RRVmtSoledad.jpg

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the purchase!

Styling is purely subjective, my suggestion is to look through the photos of all the member rides on this message board, there really are so many different interpretations of what the S550 Mustang can be. You will know what looks good to you, and you can start with small changes.

For me, less is more, my GT is understated, quiet, no wing, stock PP1 look. For someone else, it may be carbon fiber hood, huge wing, etc. For what it's worth, I love Blue Moon's ride because it is unique and he loves it. I feel you can enjoy someone else's style because it makes them happy, rather than ripping into them.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Styling is purely subjective.
That's the thing we all need to remember. I can't think of a single thing that you can do to a car that the entire group here would approve of or anything that we would all dislike.
As an example, it could be as simple as color. Some people love a black car, for others black would be their last choice. And even if you don't like black cars, I bet you've seen a few that were so nicely done that you had to like it even if it is black.
You'd probably be doing pretty well if half of us agree with any single mod you might choose. Some mods you might be hard pressed to find anyone else who likes it, but it's your car and the only opinion that matters is your own. Just don't do anything you can't undo unless your sure you like it.

For my car the goal is stealth with just a hint of pop. Something that flies under the radar unless you actuall stop and look. The stealth part is magnetic and black accent package, the hint of pop is showstopper red and red calipers to bring that color to the outside. I'm sure many here would find that combination bland bit I smile every time I look at it.
It's your car and your money. Do what makes you happy.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Underneath it all, the OP might have chosen a better pair of adjectives to launch his exploration.
This ^^^

He might do better to replace 'elegant' with 'striking'. Elegance suggests way too much gracefulness and harmony.

For my part, I'd be all over an elegant-looking Mustang with all the modern engineering and materials advances.
How about a leaner version of the early S197's basic shape? Both the S197 Mustang and the 5th gen Camaro are significantly thicker-bodied than their originals, if with somewhat less obvious character lines or surface excitement. Basically just 'squash' it a little while leaving length and width alone.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Styling is purely subjective, my suggestion is to look through the photos of all the member rides on this message board, there really are so many different interpretations of what the S550 Mustang can be. You will know what looks good to you, and you can start with small changes.

For me, less is more, my GT is understated, quiet, no wing, stock PP1 look. For someone else, it may be carbon fiber hood, huge wing, etc. For what it's worth, I love Blue Moon's ride because it is unique and he loves it. I feel you can enjoy someone else's style because it makes them happy, rather than ripping into them.
For the most part, I agree.

But it needs to be kept in mind that OP was asking for our suggestions; the only choice of his that has come under fire is the underglow which unfortunately carries some pretty negative associations in most peoples' minds. As Frank has already noted, at least one of OP's terms - "elegant" in particular - was probably the wrong word for OP to use to describe what he's actually looking for and has managed to throw the discussion a bit off track.

I still think he needs to pick a single theme, work out most of the choices before spending any more money, and stick to the plan. Keep it unified, no matter the direction he'd like to take it in.

Norm

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
He might do better to replace 'elegant' with 'striking'. Elegance suggests way too much gracefulness and harmony.
The traditional terms, "show" and "go" would have covered it.

How about a leaner version of the early S197's basic shape? Both the S197 Mustang and the 5th gen Camaro are significantly thicker-bodied than their originals, if with somewhat less obvious character lines or surface excitement. Basically just 'squash' it a little while leaving length and width alone.

Norm
If you're really trying for elegant, you might consider a Mustang II.

I'm gonna go dig out my nomex now.

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
nope, it's pug fvckin ugly. but it's his car and he can do what he wants. however, elegant is not the word to describe it.
I thought i was the only one that didn't like it. To each their own. I got an orange car, i can't really say shit lol

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium

I appreciate you.

-------------------------------------------

Okay! Been giving it lots of thought, and have been searching for lots of different builds lately to figure out exactly what I want. - At the end of the day as I've said before, I am new to this, and am simply trying to figure out what I want as I'm blessed to be able to have that choise.
For those of you that gave genuine answers and respected the fact that it's personal choice and subjective, thank you.
For the rest that simply bombed on my choices, FU- Just kidding. - It helps me see what kind of people there are on the forum, as well as the "culture" that is carried around.

Anyways, I do agree with my choice of wording. - It wasn't exactly put the right way. - Since then, I've grown, and looked at lots of things! - I've decided on a theme! - I would like to go with Red and Black theme. - Rather "striking" as one put it. - Less elegant, simply Red and Black, "clean" look.

I've made a couple of purchases.

As per previous comments, I ordered badges. "2.3 TURBO" Chrome Black badges. (Someone in the threads suggested If I were to go black and red, I "must" get badges/emblems" - I truly agree). For the people that say "It's a 2.3. Not a True mustang. That's nothing to flaunt". - I love my car to death. It's perfect.
I also am going to Tint it. - Already spoke with a tint shop near me, and have the money aside to do it asap. - Any suggestions on a good Tint Level? I'd like it as dark as possible, but not to the point where I can't see.
I ordered RTR Grille Vent Lights. - I'm pretty sure everyone knows what those are!
I also ordered the Blow-Off Valve by Steeda (I made a thread on it earlier). Bomb on it as much as you'd like - transfer to my other thread, haha.
I looked at @CompO5.sl0w's car and.. goodness. - I love that. So I'm going to order the Black Hood Vent adjustments. I think those look beautiful.
I ordered a bunch of interior upgrades that I like myself, and as soon as I Install them all I'll post a picture for ya'll to see!

In the future, I'd like to get myself a spoiler. - I've looked at every spoiler so far, and honestly, nothing catches my eye. the GT 350 is nice, but it's too curvey for me. - It doesn't stand out as much in my eyes. - The duck-tale is nice, but my brother has one, and I'd like something with a little more pop. - Now talking out loud I believe I'm transitioning a lot more of an eye-turner then "elegant" then before, haha.

I'm looking at the one called "MP Concepts Rear Spoiler "
Looks like this:
example.png

Lots of builds with it. - I'm not sure if it's what I like, but so far I like it! - (I'm not gonna buy it yet, still looking around).

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
That's a very subjective thing your asking.

I personally, always liked the OEM+ philosophy but I know that my build will get much more aggressive as I get faster on-track.

Take a look at my build thread and let me know if you have any questions.
_MG_4944.jpg
_MG_4917.jpg
What Chin is that? It's fucking beautiful!

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Red & black is a good color combo. "Striking" is the right word. Nice to know you're thinking things through and making a plan, not just throwing parts at it and seeing what sticks.
Sponsored