'Eleanor' Mustang Tribute Build Seized by Gone in 60 Seconds Trademark Holder

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
lets all crowd youtube with Eleanor builds, no matter what it is or your doing.... Call it Eleanor. LOL... Im gonna document all I eat for a week on youtube and say I am building a Eleanor. Let em seize that straight from the bowl. Sad sad world I swear

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
So now your only argument is that nobody can judge her actions.

Got it.
Her behavior suggests she is doing what she needs to do to protect her franchise. She has been very aggressive about doing so in the past. That is fact. What you suggest is speculation, without knowing the limits of her licensing agreements. But, she is no dummy. So, yes. We can't judge her actions.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
don't tug on superman's cape.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
:crazy:

I repeat my earlier assertion that you don't understand the internet.
Sure I do. It's a place where people like you and I can have meaningless arguments about things we wouldn't give two shits about in real life.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sure I do. It's a place where people like you and I can have meaningless arguments about things we wouldn't give two shits about in real life.
You hit the nail on the head actually.

People of a certain generation have a tendency to believe things on the internet aren't real and don't matter, when the massive amount of empirical evidence to the contrary grows by the day. The internet is incredibly influential, and only becoming moreso.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You hit the nail on the head actually.

People of a certain generation have a tendency to believe things on the internet aren't real and don't matter, when the massive amount of empirical evidence to the contrary grows by the day. The internet is incredibly influential, and only becoming moreso.
I may be old (76) but I have been a software developer, game designer and statistical analyst for over 50 years. I was designing web pages for Quake 2 and Half Life mods over 20 years ago. I hate the amount of BS and misinformation that comes from social media, but it's part of the package.

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I may be old (76) but I have been a software developer, game designer and statistical analyst for over 50 years and I helped Al Gore invent the internet!
People of a certain generation also tend to use the argument from authority fallacy on a regular basis.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Wait... WHAT???

How the heck is this legal?!?

you can build something to look like anything. They aren’t doing anything wrong.

and you can call the car whatever you want.
They aren’t commercializing the trademark.

this is theft.

and the trademark owner needs to be put in jail.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The REAL car owner actually has a great case here. Hopefully he goes after them and doesn’t just settle.

With the trademark, you cant make another car commercially available with this name. But you can name your own car whatever the heck you want. And you can make it look like whatever you want.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
This is a typical example of greed. However, it is a legal right. The music industry did the same thing over rights to their music. If any of us has a project, we can legally own the rights if we go the 9 yards to stake the claims. The owners & lawyers of this project (I hesitate to name if because I might get sued for using the name...) are cashing in. I guess millionaires need more money.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
The REAL car owner actually has a great case here. Hopefully he goes after them and doesn’t just settle.

With the trademark, you cant make another car commercially available with this name. But you can name your own car whatever the heck you want. And you can make it look like whatever you want.
in the common sense world yeah. But in the eyes of the law/trademark he is in the wrong. He should not have used the name to acquire more views on his youtube channel. Probably should have just said a 60's mustang tribute with modern features. My car has a lot of Steeda components but would never label it as a Q car. Same goes for all the fake Saleens/Cobras out there. I understand the desired look, just don't name it after the original. I do hope he can get his car back, maybe with an apology or via the court system. However the lady seems intent of enforcing the trademark laws.
Sponsored