Vehicle Showcase

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Agreed, but when you twist the dragon's tail, it turns around and bites every now and then. B for Build could have dropped a more conventional 67 fastback body on an S550 chassis and still had a great car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Agreed, but when you twist the dragon's tail, it turns around and bites every now and then. B for Build could have dropped a more conventional 67 fastback body on an S550 chassis and still had a great car.
How do you drop a 67 body on a unibody car?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You don't just drop it on, fer sure. Lots of possibilities. The Vette guys put late model running gear on custom frames fit to early bodies. Pretty common resto mod thing on Corvette Forum.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Or maybe not been so blatant about calling it an Elinore build quite so often. Sure there have been other builds with that theme but bottom line is it is someone else's copyright/ intellectual property. Maybe he didn't know/think about it or maybe he rolled the dice. Either way it's a tough lesson.
I will miss not seeing the finished build but it also won't keep me from watching his other stuff.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
How do you drop a 67 body on a unibody car?
I watched the build as far as it went. There was a ton of cutting, fab work, refab work and rerefab work. But is was coming togeather pretty good.

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Seeing this the other day actually made me sad. I truly believe he just didn't know about how strict the legal stuff was behind Elenor, hell I didn't even know. It's the car he always wanted to make. I'm just pissed they didn't make him edit the existing videos and change the final project to not be a Elenor Mustang. Think is BS they took the car away.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The part that intrigues me most is this one:
Halicki went after none other than Carroll Shelby—who built the 2000's film hero car, which doesn't look like the 1971 Mustang fastback in the original at all—in the mid-2000's after he tried to copyright and license customer builds of his version of Eleanor. In the end, courts ruled that Halicki holds the rights to any Mustang named Eleanor or purportedly tied to the Gone in 60 Seconds franchise. "It doesn’t matter if it was a bus called Eleanor,” her lawyer said at the time. "The magic was the name, and that was the thing [Shelby] tried to get."
Really? If I nickname my Mustang Eleanor, that woman will come after me and will have the legal right to seize it? :crazy:
"Hi guys, welcome to my YouTube channel, today I'm gonna show you my new Mustang, which I'm gonna call Eleanor, in the memory of... hey! What are you doing? Why are you taking my car? Stop that! Come back here! That's my car!!!" :crackup:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So one she holds the rights to anything named Eleanor? Article said it dosent matter if its a bus named that? OK so IM naming myself Eleanor and she can seize me LOL 2. All this over a copied car from a Nicholas cage film that actually didnt do well and sucked? I mean how much money over the name and car can there be if she doesn't let anyone build one? Seems she protecting excatly zero. The stupid crap humans fight over.

Remeber when some jack ass up and ruined birthdays by claiming copy right on the happy birthday song? Its why it wasnt in movies or tv shows for a decade or so. I still think to this day it cant be sung unless a fee is paid.

Happy birthday dear "Eleanor" Happy birthday to youuuuuuu! LOL now 2 people can sue me.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
This is just a really bad shitshow here, you can take the car because you have the rights for the name Eleanor? Hopefully they get the full Streisand effect here.

The Bullitt movie car is actually build by Ford with what seems like a profitable licence deal between Ford and whoever holds the rights for Bullitt. I think if the licenceholder of Eleanor would really go for a deal with Ford for a new Eleanor special edition it would make a ton of money since a lot of people really love the 2000s movie car.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
This is just a really bad shitshow here, you can take the car because you have the rights for the name Eleanor? Hopefully they get the full Streisand effect here.

The Bullitt movie car is actually build by Ford with what seems like a profitable licence deal between Ford and whoever holds the rights for Bullitt. I think if the licenceholder of Eleanor would really go for a deal with Ford for a new Eleanor special edition it would make a ton of money since a lot of people really love the 2000s movie car.
You have to remember that there is a company making fully licensed reproductions of the car today. His channel would have stood to impact that business (especially if people think they can do it themselves). His channel is general knowledge for people to learn how to do things while seeing a cool build.

Not to mention that his YouTube channel is a business (IE: gaining money from the series and possibly the car). So that in and of itself is an issue.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
You have to remember that there is a company making fully licensed reproductions of the car today. His channel would have stood to impact that business (especially if people think they can do it themselves). His channel is general knowledge for people to learn how to do things while seeing a cool build.

Not to mention that his YouTube channel is a business (IE: gaining money from the series and possibly the car). So that in and of itself is an issue.
Ya know, I think I now have a name for my 71 mach 1.

Ellen Noir

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The most surprising thing to me is why anyone would want to name their car Eleanor or make it look like that. Vanguard Motors always seems to have 3 or 4 clones for sale at ridiculous prices. I will never understand the attraction.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I watched the build as far as it went. There was a ton of cutting, fab work, refab work and rerefab work. But is was coming togeather pretty good.
Yeah but that's not what I'd ever call "dropping" on.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That's so ridiculous and unfortunate. I always like the Foose-penned design but this has really altered my perception of the whole car.

On a side note, although I love all types of makes/models/eras of cars, This was a terrible movie. It would be much better without actors, just the car scenes.
Sponsored