Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage I 2015 GT 6R80 Car Complete!

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Damn those number are good, my Whipple 2016 was 694 HP and 520 torque, I have a 2019 and may look into the E Force if they come out with one
FB75CC71-AF18-47F1-9EC4-93BF1B687815.jpeg
Our 2018 kit is the best one yet. :wink:

This will be brought up in a separate thread soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We actually install a .015 nitrous jet in the bypass hose to soften the torque hit. This slows the bypass valve down so the boost ramps on more progressively and makes driving on street tires possible. When you are on a good tire or at the track, the jet can be removed and response will increase dramatically.
Maybe I'll look into that after the winter, is it as simple as taking out the jet and no retune required? I really don't want to run a drag radial on a daily basis so I'll probably just stick to what I have right now and ease into the throttle as traction is an issue under 45-50 mph right now. Drivability is amazing, I've probably put a good 350+ miles on the car already and it drives very very smooth. Now if Ford would just put a 2650 kit on the Mustang from the factory....

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'll look into that after the winter, is it as simple as taking out the jet and no retune required? I really don't want to run a drag radial on a daily basis so I'll probably just stick to what I have right now and ease into the throttle as traction is an issue under 45-50 mph right now. Drivability is amazing, I've probably put a good 350+ miles on the car already and it drives very very smooth. Now if Ford would just put a 2650 kit on the Mustang from the factory....
Yes. It's as simple as removing the jet. No tuning required.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Any cutting of the firewall brace required for install?

Does the factory strut Tower brace still fit?

I’m assuming the front bumper has to be removed... Hate that part!

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No cutting required, but factory strut tower braces will not fit. The front bumper must he removed to install the heat exchanger and pump. Step by step color instructions are provided.

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z

I vote supercharger over strut tower brace!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I always thought the Eldebrock kit was one of the best looking S/C kits. I also use to wonder why people would talk down on the kit. It has been proven to make power...I guess its because they give you the option of looking really OE.

Grat's on the new setup. 634/642 (was it ?) is nothing to take lightly. Exp the tq. Remember TQ wins races....HP just keeps you out in front and what you can lie to your friends about :)

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I always thought the Eldebrock kit was one of the best looking S/C kits. I also use to wonder why people would talk down on the kit. It has been proven to make power...I guess its because they give you the option of looking really OE.

Grat's on the new setup. 634/642 (was it ?) is nothing to take lightly. Exp the tq. Remember TQ wins races....HP just keeps you out in front and what you can lie to your friends about :)
One of the biggest reasons I went with the kit was the factory-look. The torque is more than enough for the street and my Nittos are gonna be coming off for a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports eventually. Car runs extremely well even in the heat and sitting in traffic. No complaints whatsoever, very happy with the Edelbrock. I had a few people question the kit before I bought it but the 2650 is more than enough for what I want to do with the car. The price was also better than what other shops/vendors quoted me for some of the other big name brand blowers.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been going back and forth between the Edelbrock and Whipple kits for some time (waiting for my 5 year to expire) but the 2650 has me leaning towards Edelbrock. I'm also kicking back and forth between doing it myself and making the trip up to Brenspeed (~4 hours away) or Beefcake (~2 hours away). How long did it take Evolution to do the install?

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been going back and forth between the Edelbrock and Whipple kits for some time (waiting for my 5 year to expire) but the 2650 has me leaning towards Edelbrock. I'm also kicking back and forth between doing it myself and making the trip up to Brenspeed (~4 hours away) or Beefcake (~2 hours away). How long did it take Evolution to do the install?
I had them do my suspension as well so once the parts came in it was a few days for turn around time. It did take a while for the blower to come in so would order it at least a month out before you are ready to do the install. The simplicity and reliability so far has been great and have been daily driving the car in 90+degree heat the last few days with no issues. Looks stock, sounds stock, just has a lot more power now.

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
The instructions they send with the kit are SWEET! It isn't a hard install as long as you follow the packet sent. We are going to be stocking kits, so we can get them installed/shipped instantly. We have had 3 installs on 5.0s this month. If you decide on the 50 state kit, it also comes with a 36,000 mile warranty. Let me know if I can be of assistance!

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Great-looking kit, Edelbrock. Very nicely done.

Is Mr. Simons still involved in supercharger design and development at Edelbrock?

Blue Bull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2017
Awesome results! That torque is something we see on most builds using the 2650. That's no fluke. It really is a great overall package and perfect for street driving especially on an auto. If more HP is desired in the future throw a 90mm TB on there and our competition air intake.
Hi is this the Edelbrock:15868 and how do we get this unit with a ''90mm'' hose for the TB?

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
Hi is this the Edelbrock:15868 and how do we get this unit with a ''90mm'' hose for the TB?
15-17 stage 2 kits come with a 90mm TB. 18-19 have the 103mm.
Sponsored