Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Water/Meth Nozzle Location?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
There's a local guy on here running the alky kit but I'm not sure if he DDs his car. I'm sure he will chime in at some point. I'm DDing out here in AZ on a snow kit.
Thanks! Any issues DD'ing it? I don't put a ton of miles on my car (450/mo) but it suffers from heatsoak in the summer and I'm looking for options. My other thought was a chiller killer but like you, I'm in AZ, and I don't want to hack up my AC unit.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
There's a local guy on here running the alky kit but I'm not sure if he DDs his car. I'm sure he will chime in at some point. I'm DDing out here in AZ on a snow kit.
I believe you may be talking about @Chris Barnes as he's local here in Phx running a modified alky kit on his p1x. I believe he was dd at least last summer in the heat and even road tripped it across the desert to Cali at one point.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Thanks! Any issues DD'ing it? I don't put a ton of miles on my car (450/mo) but it suffers from heatsoak in the summer and I'm looking for options. My other thought was a chiller killer but like you, I'm in AZ, and I don't want to hack up my AC unit.
I wouldn't want to mess with my ac out here either. No issues yet and I do put a lot of miles on the car. 11k since I boosted it in March. Put the meth kit on shortly after that. After a few hard pulls, pre meth, my CHT would climb into the 230s. That was in the spring and still relatively cool. Since the install I haven't even seen it rise to 220. My iat sensor is in the intercooler so I haven't measured iat temps post injection but haven't noticed any heat soak.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I believe you may be talking about @Chris Barnes as he's local here in Phx running a modified alky kit on his p1x. I believe he was dd at least last summer in the heat and even road tripped it across the desert to Cali at one point.
Yup. That's who I was referring too.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you're PD it shouldn't be much of a problem, I mean I drove mine 1600 miles nonstop with it in it's new location. Heatsoak ain't a problem with water meth. It's just not as cool as a killer chiller

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yes, I've been running the Alky system for a few years with great results. Granted, my power level isn't anything to write home about, but pretty good for our crap 91 octane fuel in AZ. I've driven my car to California on several occasions without incident and is a fantastic daily driver even in the hot Summer months.
I just took delivery of my new 2021 GT500 and will be installing an Alky Control kit on it as well. I'm not planning on tuning the car, just adding a bit of octane and charge cooling to get the most out of the factory calibration.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I've been running the Alky system for a few years with great results. Granted, my power level isn't anything to write home about, but pretty good for our crap 91 octane fuel in AZ. I've driven my car to California on several occasions without incident and is a fantastic daily driver even in the hot Summer months.
I just took delivery of my new 2021 GT500 and will be installing an Alky Control kit on it as well. I'm not planning on tuning the car, just adding a bit of octane and charge cooling to get the most out of the factory calibration.
Thank you. This sounds like my next step after an exhaust. I wouldn't mind something different over what most 2018+ Roush folks are doing. I'm pretty happy with the Roush tune, it just gets too hot in the summer some times.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you. This sounds like my next step after an exhaust. I wouldn't mind something different over what most 2018+ Roush folks are doing. I'm pretty happy with the Roush tune, it just gets too hot in the summer some times.
Do you have a breakout setup on there? what are your IAT2s? I did spacers as well on my car.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you want the extra octane that comes with W/M you need to make sure it gets all the way to the combustion chamber before evaporation. Also one of the best benefits of W/M is keeping your engine squeaky clean inside

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a breakout setup on there? what are your IAT2s? I did spacers as well on my car.
I am not sure what a breakout setup is so probably not. In the summer my IAT2's are in the 130-140 range when cruising. Roush starts closing the TB at 160, which doesn't take long to hit at the drag strip. Normally by the 1/8th mile the TB is closing and boost drops significantly.

I have a 2019 and while there are spacers that would fit, I would need a FEAD bracket made as well which no one does.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am not sure what a breakout setup is so probably not. In the summer my IAT2's are in the 130-140 range when cruising. Roush starts closing the TB at 160, which doesn't take long to hit at the drag strip. Normally by the 1/8th mile the TB is closing and boost drops significantly.

I have a 2019 and while there are spacers that would fit, I would need a FEAD bracket made as well which no one does.
Wait doesn't the roush kits use a MAP sensor?
The breakout harness is for MAF to relocate the temp measument away from the MAF and to the back of the Case that way you get actual IAT from inside the case. it is what you see on the dash for inlet temperature.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Wait doesn't the roush kits use a MAP sensor?
The breakout harness is for MAF to relocate the temp measument away from the MAF and to the back of the Case that way you get actual IAT from inside the case. it is what you see on the dash for inlet temperature.
The only way to monitor IAT2's on the Roush kit is through an OBDII device as they don't install a sensor to monitor it. On the dash it only shows IAT1 temps.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The only way to monitor IAT2's on the Roush kit is through an OBDII device as they don't install a sensor to monitor it. On the dash it only shows IAT1 temps.
Yea I remember this discussion. The EB has the breakout. which is why ours works a bit differently. I'm currently using a 25 GPH nozzle, it's a fairly big shot, but that's the only way you're going to get any of the fluid in the combustion chamber.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Do either of the kits require having a reading from this sensor? Or is it just so you can monitor IAT2s
Sponsored