Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Water/Meth Nozzle Location?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do either of the kits require having a reading from this sensor? Or is it just so you can monitor IAT2s
No it is not needed for a kit. but to read the actual IAT going into the CYLs is what you need to ascertain the effectiveness of whatever you doing.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
No it is not needed for a kit. but to read the actual IAT going into the CYLs is what you need to ascertain the effectiveness of whatever you doing.
Thanks! Makes sense. I've read that my current method is inferred by the electronics but it seems to be fairly accurate in my logs. I always notice when it hits 160 degree IAT2's that is for sure.

Z-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 2 - A10 - 3.55 gears
I am also looking to install meth on my 2019 Roush, but I don’t think snow has the correct injection plate. How are you guys going to install the nozzle? Pictures would help greatly.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I am also looking to install meth on my 2019 Roush, but I don’t think snow has the correct injection plate. How are you guys going to install the nozzle? Pictures would help greatly.
You drill and tap

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I used their injection ring and cut it into the charge pipe.
20210613_084748.jpg

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Removed aspirator, direct vacuum from SC. Used vacuum port generally used for PCV. See photo

PXL_20210910_151423148.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Removed aspirator, direct vacuum from SC. Used vacuum port generally used for PCV. See photo

Smart idea… but didn’t some one say it was best to put it after the throttle body?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Smart idea… but didn’t some one say it was best to put it after the throttle body?
I had it there before on the stock tb adapter. I have some articles and sort which kinda explains what position is beat for each setup and why. On a pd setup there isn't a problem atomization because under boost the airflow is already flowing as fast as it can at any point before the rotor. Getting the shot into the stream isn't as crucial as with other setups because the increasing of the IATs Happen inside the case. So less restriction and more cooling to the case and potentially more getting in the cylinders. With it back in the intake, it's really pronounced when the methanol engages. It's not as instant as it was before. I will find the article and post up.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I had it there before on the stock tb adapter. I have some articles and sort which kinda explains what position is beat for each setup and why. On a pd setup there isn't a problem atomization because under boost the airflow is already flowing as fast as it can at any point before the rotor. Getting the shot into the stream isn't as crucial as with other setups because the increasing of the IATs Happen inside the case. So less restriction and more cooling to the case and potentially more getting in the cylinders. With it back in the intake, it's really pronounced when the methanol engages. It's not as instant as it was before. I will find the article and post up.
What your saying totally makes sense and would love to see the articles. What I think the person who said putting it after the TB was more concerned about the meth possibly damaging the TB itself maybe because it’s electronic vs the old cable style. That’s how I read it at least.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What your saying totally makes sense and would love to see the articles. What I think the person who said putting it after the TB was more concerned about the meth possibly damaging the TB itself maybe because it’s electronic vs the old cable style. That’s how I read it at least.
That was me, and personally I still worry about it. That is a lot more fluid making it's way past the tb than it would ever see without that nozzle being in the tract. These TBs are basically 1000 dollars.

Z-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 2 - A10 - 3.55 gears

Doesn’t look like mine has it. Both had tubes attached and is closer to the air filter housing than the throttle body.

IMG_1049.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Doesn’t look like mine has it. Both had tubes attached and is closer to the air filter housing than the throttle body.

IMG_1049.jpg
I’d have to look at mine and see but I’ll bet mine is the same as yours.
Sponsored