Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Water/Meth Nozzle Location?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’d have to look at mine and see but I’ll bet mine is the same as yours.
I would say if you are both for PCV you can get creative and tee both PCV into one or if you still have the aspirator which has two ports that need vacuum on it to reduce that to one. Then you will have an extra space to use. Also it would matter if they are press fit fittings or screw in for how you go about this.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Doesn’t look like mine has it. Both had tubes attached and is closer to the air filter housing than the throttle body.

IMG_1049.jpg
What does the tb adapter looks like. I believe the bolt pattern for the TBs are the same just one is digital the other is analog. Haven't tried to see if they are different yet.

Z-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 2 - A10 - 3.55 gears
What does the tb adapter looks like. I believe the bolt pattern for the TBs are the same just one is digital the other is analog. Haven't tried to see if they are different yet.
Any movement of the TB, it would hit the belt.

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any movement of the TB, it would hit the belt.

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg
Wack as fook..... Looks like you will have to put it in the intake tract. There just isn't any space there. I might even think about selling that thing lol. Anyhow what's plugged into those two ports? Is it PCV?

Z-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 2 - A10 - 3.55 gears
Wack as fook..... Looks like you will have to put it in the intake tract. There just isn't any space there. I might even think about selling that thing lol. Anyhow what's plugged into those two ports? Is it PCV?
Looks like one is a PCV, as it connects to the valve cover.

4867B2EE-9C5A-463B-9D48-9021A04782C6.jpeg

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well it's up to you where you want to put it. Depending on the physical size of the nozzle and if you can get it sealed up without a vacuum leak. Personally I would not use a nut on the underside. Just something like mine, a permanent compression fit clamp that will never lose tension, they would only break. Then you would get a vacuum leak. is the MAF located closer to the filter if it is you're good to put it in the pcv slot. It appears to be a press in fitting.

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
OK. I finally was able to install the AEM Water/Meth kit on my 18 GT Edelbrock stage 2 on Thursday. The installation was fairly straight forward with very good instructions and superb phone accessible Tech Support. I used the new for 2021 Version 3 kit for Forced Induction Part # 30-3300. This is a Universal Kit so some Fab and Engineering is needed. I made sure I Tested the operation prior to final Assembly and all went well. I even started the car to make sure it would start before I buttoned upped the front Facia and secured all the wiring in place, all worked as it should, so I closed the garage and called it a day.

Yesterday, I was excited to take it out for test drive dial in the perimeters and see what effect it would have on IAT'S and performance. Jumped in hit the start button and nothing. No starter engagement, Cranking or messages on the info screen, What the F? I spent all day trying to figure out what was going on. I checked for codes NOTHING, bad Fuse NOTHING, loose wiring NOTHING, gear shifter position NOTHING and Brake switch NOTHING. I even disconnected where I used a Micro2 fuse Tap on fuse #23 for switched 12v source and still NOTHING. I checked this website, Google, YouTube every place I could think of NOTHING. I so pissed off, that I had no idea of what would cause this and I was ready to call my local Ford dealer and have it towed in. Before I did, I thought I would go over my wiring one more time, you know the 3 Wires required to operate the system 1) 12V Positive 2)12v Switched 3) Ground, I know its very complicated so many wires. When I tested the system operation final time before bottoming it up, I had removed a 5 amp fuse from # 34 I think thats the one, anyway, the manual said (Not Used) Spare, because I needed another Micro2 fuse. So I put the fuse back in the spare location and IT Started, I Have no idea why. I double checked the Manual to make sure I read it right, still said it was not used (spare). Don't know if it is a misprint in the manual or just dumb luck it worked but I will take it. I'm not a Automotive Technician but have Built Hot Rods since I was 14, I'm currently an HVAC Contractor and GC for over 20 years and was an HVAC Tech working on anything from a reach in cooler to 600 ton chillers prior and this thing had me beat.

Sorry for the long story, its working perfectly now and I will post up some pic's of the installation. Any Questions I will be glad to Help.
na2AfrUTS1eee9DbVRIRDQ.jpg
29jvfbnaTnaPfgKaOMeMPA.jpg
gknb1BNBTY+qNFBkviHRag.jpg
jzwh%to0SK6jlN3szG49SA.jpg
4oWg9qXHS5+AwX8u%tu%8w.jpg
TdQjHXiqRgWeKOjUVreglQ.jpg
lKd19PkbRwybfIF3uvI%Aw.jpg

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OK. I finally was able to install the AEM Water/Meth kit on my 18 GT Edelbrock stage 2 on Thursday. The installation was fairly straight forward with very good instructions and superb phone accessible Tech Support. I used the new for 2021 Version 3 kit for Forced Induction Part # 30-3300. This is a Universal Kit so some Fab and Engineering is needed. I made sure I Tested the operation prior to final Assembly and all went well. I even started the car to make sure it would start before I buttoned upped the front Facia and secured all the wiring in place, all worked as it should, so I closed the garage and called it a day.

Yesterday, I was excited to take it out for test drive dial in the perimeters and see what effect it would have on IAT'S and performance. Jumped in hit the start button and nothing. No starter engagement, Cranking or messages on the info screen, What the F? I spent all day trying to figure out what was going on. I checked for codes NOTHING, bad Fuse NOTHING, loose wiring NOTHING, gear shifter position NOTHING and Brake switch NOTHING. I even disconnected where I used a Micro2 fuse Tap on fuse #23 for switched 12v source and still NOTHING. I checked this website, Google, YouTube every place I could think of NOTHING. I so pissed off, that I had no idea of what would cause this and I was ready to call my local Ford dealer and have it towed in. Before I did, I thought I would go over my wiring one more time, you know the 3 Wires required to operate the system 1) 12V Positive 2)12v Switched 3) Ground, I know its very complicated so many wires. When I tested the system operation final time before bottoming it up, I had removed a 5 amp fuse from # 34 I think thats the one, anyway, the manual said (Not Used) Spare, because I needed another Micro2 fuse. So I put the fuse back in the spare location and IT Started, I Have no idea why. I double checked the Manual to make sure I read it right, still said it was not used (spare). Don't know if it is a misprint in the manual or just dumb luck it worked but I will take it. I'm not a Automotive Technician but have Built Hot Rods since I was 14, I'm currently an HVAC Contractor and GC for over 20 years and was an HVAC Tech working on anything from a reach in cooler to 600 ton chillers prior and this thing had me beat.

Sorry for the long story, its working perfectly now and I will post up some pic's of the installation. Any Questions I will be glad to Help.
na2AfrUTS1eee9DbVRIRDQ.jpg
29jvfbnaTnaPfgKaOMeMPA.jpg
gknb1BNBTY+qNFBkviHRag.jpg
jzwh%to0SK6jlN3szG49SA.jpg
4oWg9qXHS5+AwX8u%tu%8w.jpg
TdQjHXiqRgWeKOjUVreglQ.jpg
lKd19PkbRwybfIF3uvI%Aw.jpg
You've had some time with it how it is working out for you? IATs look better, car feel peppier? Timing added?

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Works great, I’m running a mixture of 75% Methanol and 25% H2O by volume. I’m still playing with the progressive control starting at 3 lbs on, 10 lbs full with the 500cc Nozzle. I haven’t had much time to drive it but it looks like at least 20 degree drop in IAT compared to no injection. I will test and data log it more in the coming weeks and give you guys some more feedback.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Works great, I’m running a mixture of 75% Methanol and 25% H2O by volume. I’m still playing with the progressive control starting at 3 lbs on, 10 lbs full with the 500cc Nozzle. I haven’t had much time to drive it but it looks like at least 20 degree drop in IAT compared to no injection. I will test and data log it more in the coming weeks and give you guys some more feedback.
Logs will illuminate some of your gains. I believe methanol needs to supposed to be done by weight not volume to determine the mixture %. I just bought some VP stuff and have been mixing my own following this guideline, but more meth shouldn't hurt anything.
Sponsored