Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Water/Meth Nozzle Location?

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Hey Guys, I have a 2018 GT A10 With the Edelbrock Stage 2 system. I want to install Water/Meth injection to help mitigate the car pulling timing during the summer months here in the Valley of The Sun(Phoenix) 110+ Temp. I'm not planning on changing the tune. Whats your guys experience on the best location to install the Nozzle on a PD style blower? The stage 2 has the IAT sensor in the back of the blower.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey Guys, I have a 2018 GT A10 With the Edelbrock Stage 2 system. I want to install Water/Meth injection to help mitigate the car pulling timing during the summer months here in the Valley of The Sun(Phoenix) 110+ Temp. I'm not planning on changing the tune. Whats your guys experience on the best location to install the Nozzle on a PD style blower? The stage 2 has the IAT sensor in the back of the blower.
Most people place the nozzle just before the throttle body on a PD setup. It will mix and cool as it makes its way through the rotors. Don’t do this on a centrifugal. The best spot on any setup is direct port but most people don’t take it there

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Same SC here.
As @Jackson1320 mentioned, before the TB and after the MAF is preferable. Just make sure you don't get a vacuum leak. I currently have mine on the adapter BEHIND the TB. keeps the water off of that expensive TB.

Either will work.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Most people place the nozzle just before the throttle body on a PD setup. It will mix and cool as it makes its way through the rotors. Don’t do this on a centrifugal. The best spot on any setup is direct port but most people don’t take it there
My kit from Alky should be here today. You actually convinced me to pick one up!

Could you please tell me a bit more about direct port injection? I will be using the washer fluid bottle for now. Whipple to be installed soon. Oh, I had also heard that Devilsown Micro Droplet nozzles are the best - any recommendation there?

Thanks!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Direct port basically having a nozzle for every runner just like the port injectors. As you know this is the best way to control how much water/meth is going in to each cylinder. With the one in the intake it is mostly for IAT control. There isn't any real way to make sure the spray is even from cylinder to cylinder. Most direct port kits have the 9th nozzle in the intake tract for IAT control, which at this point can be a much smaller nozzle. Obviously it costs a lot more money and it's more complex. More solenoids more lines more everything to setup. Also making a mistake with a manifold will almost always require getting a new one when dealing with plastic.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My kit from Alky should be here today. You actually convinced me to pick one up!

Could you please tell me a bit more about direct port injection? I will be using the washer fluid bottle for now. Whipple to be installed soon. Oh, I had also heard that Devilsown Micro Droplet nozzles are the best - any recommendation there?

Thanks!
With a standard water/meth kit you can do your best to make sure the w/m distribution is even to all cylinders but there’s not really any way to guarantee each cylinder get the same amount. Direct port puts a nozzle in the path of each cylinder so you can better control the amount to each cylinder. With a standard kit you could have more go to one bank so the other side detonates or one cylinder. ultimately you want a even spray to each cylinder. For right now Direct port is the best way to control this

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, I think I will try to fit it right behind the TB in the adapter.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Make sure to share some pics and results...
yea I had to change where it was located because the TB adapter is much smaller with the 103. The brake aspirator is gone now. just directly vacuum from the SC.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I’m new to all this meth stuff. Is there no concern about spraying into the rotors on a PD supercharger?

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m new to all this meth stuff. Is there no concern about spraying into the rotors on a PD supercharger?
Methanol evaporates around 90 F, water at 212 F. The methanol with evaporate almost instantly, any water that is left over will get on the rotors, case, intercooler, etc and cool off IATs. Also in the case of twin screw the sealing will be better on the compression phase. Any water not instantly converted to steam will become steam in the head or in the cylinder. There should be no worries if your aren't spraying enough to quench the combustion chamber.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Any water not instantly converted to steam will become steam in the head or in the cylinder. There should be no worries if your aren't spraying enough to quench the combustion chamber.
Okay.. This is probably the dumbest question ever but what you are describing sounds like it "could" work...

So.. Here goes.. My buddy and I were kicking around the idea of dropping a frozen freezer ice pack (you know, those plastic things you freeze), into the intake box of my Roush P2 car while it is idling in the pits. My thought was that the pack would start to sweat and this could make it past the filter into the motor... Would this not be bad? (sounds like it would be for the TB)

(please take it easy on me.. I'm sure this is probably the dumbest thing I've contemplated but..)

Also.. Just to not derail the thread.. Anyone running the AlkyControl kit on a daily driver?

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Okay.. This is probably the dumbest question ever but what you are describing sounds like it "could" work...

So.. Here goes.. My buddy and I were kicking around the idea of dropping a frozen freezer ice pack (you know, those plastic things you freeze), into the intake box of my Roush P2 car while it is idling in the pits. My thought was that the pack would start to sweat and this could make it past the filter into the motor... Would this not be bad? (sounds like it would be for the TB)

(please take it easy on me.. I'm sure this is probably the dumbest thing I've contemplated but..)

Also.. Just to not derail the thread.. Anyone running the AlkyControl kit on a daily driver?
Y'all were smokin' when you came up with that LOL

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

There's a local guy on here running the alky kit but I'm not sure if he DDs his car. I'm sure he will chime in at some point. I'm DDing out here in AZ on a snow kit.
Sponsored