Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Canned tune w/larger pulley?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just curious, I'm sure the Stage II is tuned (canned) for the pulley in the kit but I just wanted to know if you went 1 pulley up would the canned tune work, common sense tells me NO.....
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It'll be fine. I asked my tuner the same thing when I went up 2 sized for winter. Pulled about 100hp out I estimate and it drives fantastic.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
are you talking about the edelbrock part number 15831 3.75'' 8 rib pulley.If so is the belt that came with the kit for the 3.50'' pulley going to still fit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
are you talking about the edelbrock part number 15831 3.75'' 8 rib pulley.If so is the belt that came with the kit for the 3.50'' pulley going to still fit.

Edelbrock ensures me with their tuning the pulley that comes with the kit is safe on 93
I want the warranty

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Stymee, why would you want to reduce power? Just concerned about too much boost for the fuel you have available?

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Edelbrock ensures me with their tuning the pulley that comes with the kit is safe on 93
I want the warranty
Yup! Thats what I have and have been told by them also.I assume that aftermarket tunes run more timing and that is why the won't tune unless we lower the boost when using pump 93.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stymee, why would you want to reduce power? Just concerned about too much boost for the fuel you have available?

Well, on a canned tune it wouldn't matter but Lund doesn't like tuning on 93 with the pulley supplied. I'd go Warranty tune so for me the pulley that comes with the kit would be fine, plus I would splash boostane, octanium or a gallon on 100 unleaded in the tank just to be safe

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yup! Thats what I have and have been told by them also.I assume that aftermarket tunes run more timing and that is why the won't tune unless we lower the boost when using pump 93.

Damn u have your car running well for such little mods...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was thinking of going custom tune but I really want the warranty so the canned tune is for me, I also dont have to do opg/cs because of the warranty. I'm sure on a tire the EB Stage II with a canned tune will go 10's and be very street-able, EB has had some revisions and it seems most seem happy on the current 93 tune

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Yeah she ran great bone stock in the mineshaft air we get in the fall.I havn't had a chance to get to the track yet with the edelbrock Stage 2 but am hoping to before it closes in a few weeks for the winter

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
no the belt does not interchange, it puts the tensioner at 95%.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Has EB improved the drivability of their tune?

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I have driven a couple hundred km's with the pill in and a couple hundle with it out.There is definetly more low speed (from a dead stop) surging without the pill but I think that is do to how quick the boost comes in and by relearning throttle management with your right foot it almost disapears after driving for a few minutes.My girlfriend drove the car with the pill in and she didn't notice any difference from when it was stock.
Sponsored