Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 Canned tune w/larger pulley?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Well Lund won’t tune 93 octane on EB warranty pulley, to me that sez something, if I was custom tuning the EB Stage 2, I’d run the larger pulley but I agree with the stock pulley and EB tuning I’d run It exactly the way it was shipped

I’d still add higher unleaded (splash) or half a bottle of octanium every tank full just to be safe..
The person I emailed at Lund doesn't want to tune the EB stage II with just the supplied 50 lb/hr injectors, either. The only reason I would want a custom tune is for improved street drivability. I am not looking for maximum power. Seems when I try to explain that to vendors, they assume that I am an idiot.

If the stage 2 EB offers good drivability without surging, stalling or other bad behavior, I would be thrilled with it and not even consider a custom tune. I have no doubt that it will provide the performance that I am looking for.
Sponsored

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
The person I emailed at Lund doesn't want to tune the EB stage II with just the supplied 50 lb/hr injectors, either. The only reason I would want a custom tune is for improved street drivability. I am not looking for maximum power. Seems when I try to explain that to vendors, they assume that I am an idiot.

If the stage 2 EB offers good drivability without surging, stalling or other bad behavior, I would be thrilled with it and not even consider a custom tune. I have no doubt that it will provide the performance that I am looking for.
Yes I emailed Lund as well they said they would only tune if I went with a 3.75 pulley bigger injectors and boost a pump they said the eb kit is pushing to much out. I wish they would know the kit because it has a boosts pump already so why are they suggesting I get one? Very odd

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yes I emailed Lund as well they said they would only tune if I went with a 3.75 pulley bigger injectors and boost a pump they said the eb kit is pushing to much out. I wish they would know the kit because it has a boosts pump already so why are they suggesting I get one? Very odd
Yeah, they told me the same thing. I am fine with using a different pulley. I sent them the specs from Edelbrock's website that shows that a boost-a-pump is included. He finally said they would try it but if they see fueling issues, I would have to upgrade. Not really wanting to spend $650 for a tune and then be told that I need to buy injectors or other things.

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Yea I’m in the same boat I want better drive ability but not for the cost of new pulley belt injectors labor to install then tune

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
AED will tune it with LU47’s. I might be switching from the DW-78’s to LU47’s if EB will send me that tune. Not wanting to change injectors every two years for smog.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just look at Alex Flores video...Lund tried to tune a Stage 2 on pump, was a no go on 93. It needed more octane, I assume even the EB tune could benefit from a splash of 100 or boostane. I wouldn’t run the canned tune without additive, no way.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
AED will tune it with LU47’s. I might be switching from the DW-78’s to LU47’s if EB will send me that tune. Not wanting to change injectors every two years for smog.
I need to chat with them. I appreciate Lund wanting to make sure fueling is adequate but I am not sure they understand that I want custom tuning more for drivability than for trying to make the most horsepower.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
He will not tune 2018+ models with those injectors.

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Just look at Alex Flores video...Lund tried to tune a Stage 2 on pump, was a no go on 93. It needed more octane, I assume even the EB tune could benefit from a splash of 100 or boostane. I wouldn’t run the canned tune without additive, no way.
Remember edelbrock warranties the stage 2 kit with that tune. I believe it does pull some timing toward the high boost level when I was looking over my data log

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Bingo my ass.
How long and how stressful is it to get warranty claimant made whole?
How many customers spent $1000s and then had to drop more coin to get a real tune?
Can EB have 20 motors fail over next 2 years and still be in business?

Ill take a Whipple stage 2 with no warranty vs EB stage 2 warranty where they risk development using customers motor, stress, dime, and time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
He will not tune 2018+ models with those injectors.

Like I said, if I went EB even in stock canned tune, I'd run boostane, 100 unleaded or octanium with every tank of 93
Just wouldn't take the chance, lets not even get into bigger injectors and lund tune, that easily of $1200-1800 when your all said and done

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Bingo my ass.
How long and how stressful is it to get warranty claimant made whole?
How many customers spent $1000s and then had to drop more coin to get a real tune?
Can EB have 20 motors fail over next 2 years and still be in business?

Ill take a Whipple stage 2 with no warranty vs EB stage 2 warranty where they risk development using customers motor, stress, dime, and time.
Three Whipples blew up in canned tuning in the last 4 months?
Not exactly a warm and fuzzy feeling there either...

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
following this thread...interesting... I am running the stage 2 blower on my 19 GT with 91 octane fuel here in California . Runs perfectly on the canned Edelbrock tune .

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
following this thread...interesting... I am running the stage 2 blower on my 19 GT with 91 octane fuel here in California . Runs perfectly on the canned Edelbrock tune .

Have u taken it to the track?
What did it dyno, have u logged the tuning?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Have u taken it to the track?
What did it dyno, have u logged the tuning?
Not a track car. Logs are good. Dyno avg was 641 rwhp.
Sponsored