Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 2 90MM Ford Throttle Body & Inlet?

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Installed a 90MM Ford TB on the Edelbrock and have a couple of questions. Thinking that I needed to have the adapter I purchased the Ford TB adapter for the standard intake. After doing some more research I see that there have been guys run the TB without any adapter plate (Not sure if they had sealing issues?) and then it looks like Edelbrock has their own adapter plate that comes with the Stage 2 kit. Anybody try the Ford adapter like I have installed?

I also need to get a larger inlet tube, I've reached out to Edelbrock but haven't received a response yet (Guess they are moving from California to Mississippi). Anybody know if this is available through Airaid or another supplier? I can get a silicon elbow that will work a lot of different places but need the single port on the bottom of the elbow (Plugging the larger port that runs to the valve cover so don't need that one)? Thanks for the help!

IMG_5911.JPEG
IMG_5914.JPEG
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
you should not need the adapter, the adapter is bc the opening on the stock manifolds is smaller than 90mm, so it gives the blade the room needed to fully open, the Edelbrock has a 90mm opening so this is not a issue. Put the TB directly on the blower w/o any type of spacer between the blower and the TB

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
you should not need the adapter, the adapter is bc the opening on the stock manifolds is smaller than 90mm, so it gives the blade the room needed to fully open, the Edelbrock has a 90mm opening so this is not a issue. Put the TB directly on the blower w/o any type of spacer between the blower and the TB

But won’t he need to down size the MAF pipe? Doesn’t the Stage 2 come with the CAI for the 103?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
But won’t he need to down size the MAF pipe? Doesn’t the Stage 2 come with the CAI for the 103?
he has the old 90mm inlet, not the new modular inlet. You can see in the pic he also has their smaller competition inlet, not the newer 113mm the modular inlet uses. How he connects the 90mm TB to the MAF pipe is his business, but the MAF pipe itself remains the size regardless of what size his TB is, unless he also changes the intake

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
he has the old 90mm inlet, not the new modular inlet. You can see in the pic he also has their smaller competition inlet, not the newer 113mm the modular inlet uses. How he connects the 90mm TB to the MAF pipe is his business, but the MAF pipe itself remains the size regardless of what size his TB is, unless he also changes the intake

Gotcha, by the way how do u like the custom HE u had built?

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Gotcha, by the way how do u like the custom HE u had built?
It's doing great, hasn't given me any trouble and IATs have been pretty great, recovery time after pulls has improved and IAT2s don't climb as much as before during pulls.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's doing great, hasn't given me any trouble and IATs have been pretty great, recovery time after pulls has improved and IAT2s don't climb as much as before during pulls.

How did u go about taking measurements, and deciding on the 2 pass or 3 pass?

Who built it for you?

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Installed a 90MM Ford TB on the Edelbrock and have a couple of questions. Thinking that I needed to have the adapter I purchased the Ford TB adapter for the standard intake. After doing some more research I see that there have been guys run the TB without any adapter plate (Not sure if they had sealing issues?) and then it looks like Edelbrock has their own adapter plate that comes with the Stage 2 kit. Anybody try the Ford adapter like I have installed?

I also need to get a larger inlet tube, I've reached out to Edelbrock but haven't received a response yet (Guess they are moving from California to Mississippi). Anybody know if this is available through Airaid or another supplier? I can get a silicon elbow that will work a lot of different places but need the single port on the bottom of the elbow (Plugging the larger port that runs to the valve cover so don't need that one)? Thanks for the help!

IMG_5911.JPEG
IMG_5914.JPEG

Are you saying the suplied hose does not fit the throttle body. I have the same kit i am installing atm and havent gotten that far yet, still trying to get the bolts to fit to bolt it down. My experience with Edelbrock has been less than stellar .

OP
OP
zrwhat

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The inlet tube fits the stock TB, but not the bigger 90mm unless u ordered a stage 2 CAI. I have the older version of the 2650.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
The inlet tube fits the stock TB, but not the bigger 90mm unless u ordered a stage 2 CAI. I have the older version of the 2650.
Yeah i went back not minutes ago and reread and realized the title was a little misleading. I just went and tested my elbow on my tb since you had me worried. :) Hopefully Edelbrock will be able to help you out. They either hate me or they are stupid busy cause im getting radio silence LOL. Maybe just call them, i have little luck with email since i think most companies are just overwhelmed with dumb questions.
Sponsored