Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 1 Dyno Results

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I had issues with my EB tune. Mine was for 93, but it had a very dead zone from 3000-5000 and it surged badly at light throttle. The car was nearly impossible to drive under 25% or so of the pedal it would start bucking like a rodeo bull. Also the plugs gapped to spec at .035 was way too wide and I was having spark blowout.

Lund tune plus ngks gapped at .028 made it feel like stock and it pulls so hard your neck hurts if you punch it at 3500.
Same story here. Part throttle at low rpm, the car would buck and surge so hard. I really wanted to use their tune for now until I switched to E85, but it just made the car un-drivable as a daily. Not to even mention the limp modes.

My PBD tune is finally done and the car drives like butter now, so my issue was definitely the EB tune as well. Can smoothly roll into the boost in 2nd, and when it goes into boost, it wants to take off like a rocket. Fun daily car now. Though, I haven't had issues with the included spark plugs gapped at .035. Once I pulley down and swap to E85, I will probably change them out and tighten up anyway.
Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
very nice the stage 1 does a great job for the guys that are on a budget.
The car is doing much better on the 93 tune. New video of a run in with a Godzilla (GT-R) on the streets coming soon. Just waiting on a few more camera angles from spectators. :D

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had issues with my EB tune. Mine was for 93, but it had a very dead zone from 3000-5000 and it surged badly at light throttle. The car was nearly impossible to drive under 25% or so of the pedal it would start bucking like a rodeo bull. Also the plugs gapped to spec at .035 was way too wide and I was having spark blowout.

Lund tune plus ngks gapped at .028 made it feel like stock and it pulls so hard your neck hurts if you punch it at 3500.
Yikes. I've not had any of those issues at all. My only issues is when the car is hot, on occasion (twice in one evening of spirited driving) I start it and it will die before it settles into a nice idle. The idle is a bit too low in my opinion, but normally it's when the A/C is on during start up as well. Second start it's fine even with the A/C still on.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
New videos coming soon... I can get the car to move out pretty good on street tires. Spinning isn't too bad with the pill still in the vacuum line. I'll do a comparison with it out when I get a chance.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
My Stage1 kit made 652/577 on 91, but I have long tubes and no cats. Max boost is around 8.5 psi. Still working out the part throttle bucking thing. Feels like it's going to trash the A10, it surges back and forth so hard...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Alerotaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I loved my Edel. When I had it on my 2013. Very dependable for a daily. Nice power band on performace and I personally liked it was more on the stealthy side. You could hear the whine very faint in the car. But outside you couldnt tell.. I wish I could get the new generation set up for my 2015

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Stage1 kit made 652/577 on 91, but I have long tubes and no cats. Max boost is around 8.5 psi. Still working out the part throttle bucking thing. Feels like it going to trash the A10, it surges back and forth so hard...
652 on the 91? :O I doubt mine even made 550 on the 91 tune. Definitely going to flash it back to 91 on they dyno to see the difference between my tunes. Question for all of you having drivability issues. Still running the pill in the vacuum line to delay instant boost, or did you remove it?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
652 on the 91? :O I doubt mine even made 550 on the 91 tune. Definitely going to flash it back to 91 on they dyno to see the difference between my tunes. Question for all of you having drivability issues. Still running the pill in the vacuum line to delay instant boost, or did you remove it?
Very high altitude up here allows for more timing. We dialed it back a few degrees so I can travel to lower elevations without loading a different tune and it still made 638. That's where I have it right now. It's my daily. 91 is a relatively rich fuel this high up. The drawback is not much air.

So, don't forget that I have long tubes without cats and no resonator suitcase. Plus, I smoothed out the inside of my airbox by removing the carbon filter and grinding down all of the plastic bosses, edges and casting flash. I also opened all of the closed spaces in the left corner of my grill where it attaches to the airbox to provide more outside air.

Lastly mine is fully broken in and loosened up at over 15k miles. This car has always responded well to mods. I may have just gotten lucky on the engine. They all vary in their baseline a little and mine has always tested on the high side of most of the Gen3 Coyotes in my area.

I had the pill out, but had to put it back in to be able to drive it at all with the sever bucking issues...

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Just to throw in my 2cents. The Edelbrock kit is damn near perfect IMO. I have a 2017 5.0 and I have been driving around with it for over half a year and it has performed nearly flawlessly. I will say my only minor gripe is the Edelbrock tune (which can have some hiccups), but if you want to keep the warranty, you go with it. That said, its still a darn solid tune. Overall, there is not much that has stood in my way in this car. I do not have Dyno numbers, but I can tell you on the street and the strip its an impressive package. I have crawled up a ZL1s butt and put it to shame when he thought he was going to take me to gapplebees. I recently took her to the drag strip, now while my numbers are not impressive, this is because I cannot launch and drive worth a darn at the strip. Even with my rolling and grannying of the car out of the hole (basically not trying/my rusty drag strip abilities) I was still hitting 120mph trap speeds. The car made up for all my inadequacies out of the hole and freight trained down the strip like a guided missile. I'd go with this set up again and again because it is easy to drive, delivers a lot of power, has tons of room for growth and is very under the radar.

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Yikes. I've not had any of those issues at all. My only issues is when the car is hot, on occasion (twice in one evening of spirited driving) I start it and it will die before it settles into a nice idle. The idle is a bit too low in my opinion, but normally it's when the A/C is on during start up as well. Second start it's fine even with the A/C still on.
I have experienced this as well and concur.

Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
So far I have about 250km's = 156 miles on my 2019 GT A10 with the Stage 2 E-Force and the supplied 93 octane tune.Mostly highway but some city driving.I have not experienced any of the surging or stalling or any CEL's.Yesterday I saw 14psi of boost on my autometer gauge on a short pull and A/F was 10.5 on the factory gauge which is rich but like most manafacturer tunes they want to be safe.I will put a couple hundred more clicks on her then remove the nitrous pill to see the difference and then head to the track to make a few passes 100% stock except for drag radial/skinnies + 1'' lowering springs which I installed after removing my Air Lift V2 kit as I felt it would hinder my 1/4 mile times.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
is very under the radar.
I'm excited to post my run in with the GT-R. He looked at my car and didn't give it a second thought. He was quite shocked that evening.... details coming. :D

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Currently considering an e force and from what i can tell it appears most everyones issue with driveability came down to the EB tune. I am already tuned by lund and would use them to tune it, has anyone seen the driveabilty issue remain AFTER swapping out the EB tune? i hate partial throttle surging and bucking.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Currently considering an e force and from what i can tell it appears most everyones issue with driveability came down to the EB tune. I am already tuned by lund and would use them to tune it, has anyone seen thhe driveabilty issue remain AFTER swapping out the EB tune? i hate partial throttle surging and bucking.
I have a 17 M6 car but my Lund tune is spot on, drives like its still N/A.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Still working through my part throttle bucking/surging issues on a PBD tune. Making progress though...
Sponsored