Edelbrock stage 1 2018 10 speed

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
He has that Chicago lake air! 11.41 at 121 is the record for stock drag mode car with drag wheels. Tish from Canada. In minus 1900 da. Lol.
On pump gas?
Thats fast, I could always pull my seats put bigs and littles on my car and stick my buddy tommy in my car 135lbs at atco in Dec -2500ft....LOLOLOL

Lololol, I’m 6ft 1” and 290, got sick last yr and steroids put 55lbs on me, finally starting to cycle again, slowly

Gonna get this weight off
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
He has that Chicago lake air! 11.41 at 121 is the record for stock drag mode car with drag wheels. Tish from Canada. In minus 1900 da. Lol.
Tish now has an Edelbrock stage 2 supercharger. A 10 flat or even 9s wouldn't surprise me in his Canadian air.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I logged the car it pulled 1 degree in 100 degree air temp with IATs in 140s.
I’ll order some boostane and see if that makes a significant difference.
I really don’t want to tell you how to suck eggs, but I’ve NEVER seen temps that high on my Edelbrock blower. Granted, I’m using phenolic spacers but that aside, those temps don’t even vaguely line up with my experience.
@Kona 18 what do you see with your stage 2 kit?
As a point of reference, my 15-17 (custom tuned, 11:1 CR, 3.25” pulley) sees 15* spark at the bottom, 19* up top. Fuel is somewhere between 91-93.
To me, it looks like you have a combination of a seriously conservative tune and some excessive heat, making it even worse.
Could be totally wrong of course.

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I really don’t want to tell you how to suck eggs, but I’ve NEVER seen temps that high on my Edelbrock blower. Granted, I’m using phenolic spacers but that aside, those temps don’t even vaguely line up with my experience.
@Kona 18 what do you see with your stage 2 kit?
As a point of reference, my 15-17 (custom tuned, 11:1 CR, 3.25” pulley) sees 15* spark at the bottom, 19* up top. Fuel is somewhere between 91-93.
To me, it looks like you have a combination of a seriously conservative tune and some excessive heat, making it even worse.
Could be totally wrong of course.

I should clarify, when the ambient temperature was 95 out, the IAT was 108 while cruising. After running through a few gears it hit 140. Typically the IAT are 10 to 20 degrees above ambient which seems decent for this cooling system. My timing starts at around 12 and reaches 15 peak. Seems conservative but it should still trap more than 121 imo

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I should clarify, when the ambient temperature was 95 out, the IAT was 108 while cruising. After running through a few gears it hit 140. Typically the IAT are 10 to 20 degrees above ambient which seems decent for this cooling system. My timing starts at around 12 and reaches 15 peak. Seems conservative but it should still trap more than 121 imo
Can you post a log of an actual pass using datazap.me?
There’s some stuff here that doesn’t add up in my mind.
I’m assuming you’re using stock headers with cats?
Edelbrock say 13psi for the stage 1 kit. 3psi seems like a LOT to be losing.
Obviously 91 octane, boost, 12:1 CR and 3000ft DA aren’t all that compatible.
What most people don’t realise is just how sensitive a gasoline fuelled, knock limited setup is to DA (particularly heat) when compared to ethanol based fuels.
The fact that you can’t spin the tyres with all the help of the A10s short ratios is kind of worrying.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can you post a log of an actual pass using datazap.me?
There’s some stuff here that doesn’t add up in my mind.
I’m assuming you’re using stock headers with cats?
Edelbrock say 13psi for the stage 1 kit. 3psi seems like a LOT to be losing.
Obviously 91 octane, boost, 12:1 CR and 3000ft DA aren’t all that compatible.
What most people don’t realise is just how sensitive a gasoline fuelled, knock limited setup is to DA (particularly heat) when compared to ethanol based fuels.
The fact that you can’t spin the tyres with all the help of the A10s short ratios is kind of worrying.
I believe that’s max boost
Most peeps see 10-11 on a stage 1?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
93 octane tune and 305/35r19 nitto NT05R
You voided the warranty with an R compound I'd just toss a aftermarket tune on it and see what it does now. If you look at the warranty close it says 15% larger max and no racing compound tires......
Btw my stage 1 was in the area you guys are showing on my PDRs....never been to track but was falling off longer I went....assumed belt from dust.
I went thru all your range of grief with a friend having same car living 12 miles from me having cat deletes, cai, mid muffler delete and tune just as fast or faster....and he isnt having his 3rd engine installed in 988 miles nor does he have a single entry in his carfax lol damn...his car is also my doppelganger so it's been pretty rough to swallow....
One thing I noticed is my car immediately dropped from a 4.7 0-60 bone stock to 5.2 with all that weight on the nose....this is not the kits fault really think about it we are adding 200lbs on the nose then the engine has to drive it...so sure a 3.55 gear FBO e85 hot tune car is gonna wax us and last longer and easier to return to stock for warranty. It's also less likely to blow up because of the tuning window afforded by e85....
However the kit really isnt designed for you to go out and run 10s ( or run at the track or race at all) ....its for fun....I can be made to do 1200hp on e85 with some porting and bigger tb it's very capable this is simply how its delivered....it has the TVS record.
We simply knew the engine is shit stock and want the security of the warranty to have our cake and eat it to and that's just, as I learned, not gonna happen...
Get stage 2 that wakes up the tuning including trans and engine feels like you put a stroker in there........
On a side note if you go to Ford with a complaint of rattling they will use the tsb7718 shield, you have to stick on that oil consumption.....
We shouldnt even look at the performance of these kits on 91/93 they could easily publish those numbers themselves but they dont in the world of warranty we arent supposed to be racing them we are supposed to be smashing them and having some fun spinning tires.....
But make no mistake when you want to step away from the teet, it's a fully capable system especially in stage 2 trim.....just know you need to he on e85 and have the money for a short block ready to go.....
I never got to track mine and perhaps I'm beat down with just wanting to simply be able to drive my car again period....but upon reflection it's to much for us to ask for Stangmode level performance and still have a warranty that's what the GT500 and hellcats are for....
I went thru same as yall I watched Justin from American Muscle take his bone stock car to the track and run what was it 11.53 on stock all seasons before the session was out...I get it but maybe we were expecting to much? With warranty?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
My advice... get it checked out NOW... don't wait until it's too late to address. Breaking extra stuff because you kept driving it after hearing such a noise is tough to get places to want to warranty it. Make a quick video, send it to Edelbrock and see what they recommend. Just my $.02.
Problem is ford says its normal for the engines to rattle

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You voided the warranty with an R compound I'd just toss a aftermarket tune on it and see what it does now. If you look at the warranty close it says 15% larger max and no racing compound tires......
Btw my stage 1 was in the area you guys are showing on my PDRs....never been to track but was falling off longer I went....assumed belt from dust.
I went thru all your range of grief with a friend having same car living 12 miles from me having cat deletes, cai, mid muffler delete and tune just as fast or faster....and he isnt having his 3rd engine installed in 988 miles nor does he have a single entry in his carfax lol damn...his car is also my doppelganger so it's been pretty rough to swallow....
One thing I noticed is my car immediately dropped from a 4.7 0-60 bone stock to 5.2 with all that weight on the nose....this is not the kits fault really think about it we are adding 200lbs on the nose then the engine has to drive it...so sure a 3.55 gear FBO e85 hot tune car is gonna wax us and last longer and easier to return to stock for warranty. It's also less likely to blow up because of the tuning window afforded by e85....
However the kit really isnt designed for you to go out and run 10s ( or run at the track or race at all) ....its for fun....I can be made to do 1200hp on e85 with some porting and bigger tb it's very capable this is simply how its delivered....it has the TVS record.
We simply knew the engine is shit stock and want the security of the warranty to have our cake and eat it to and that's just, as I learned, not gonna happen...
Get stage 2 that wakes up the tuning including trans and engine feels like you put a stroker in there........
On a side note if you go to Ford with a complaint of rattling they will use the tsb7718 shield, you have to stick on that oil consumption.....
We shouldnt even look at the performance of these kits on 91/93 they could easily publish those numbers themselves but they dont in the world of warranty we arent supposed to be racing them we are supposed to be smashing them and having some fun spinning tires.....
But make no mistake when you want to step away from the teet, it's a fully capable system especially in stage 2 trim.....just know you need to he on e85 and have the money for a short block ready to go.....
I never got to track mine and perhaps I'm beat down with just wanting to simply be able to drive my car again period....but upon reflection it's to much for us to ask for Stangmode level performance and still have a warranty that's what the GT500 and hellcats are for....
I went thru same as yall I watched Justin from American Muscle take his bone stock car to the track and run what was it 11.53 on stock all seasons before the session was out...I get it but maybe we were expecting to much? With warranty?

On a canned tune I totally agree, but if u keep boost at 9-10lbs and have LUND tune it for good 93 and splash it with Sunoco100 mix the setup will run 10’s on tire and and should together, but yea the canned tune is heavily soft as fast ET

Ideally E85 would be your best bet but I still think a 93/100 mix at 9-10lbs w/a Lund tune and most goals would be met

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
wuh? TLDR. Try punctuation.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
On a canned tune I totally agree, but if u keep boost at 9-10lbs and have LUND tune it for good 93 and splash it with Sunoco100 mix the setup will run 10’s on tire and and should together, but yea the canned tune is heavily soft as fast ET

Ideally E85 would be your best bet but I still think a 93/100 mix at 9-10lbs w/a Lund tune and most goals would be met
Hey bud!!! An old local track opened up near here it's a little short track weekend play day kinda thing...but its popular and I have been calling the gas stations, hell I called VP...to try to convince them to put an e85 pump somewhere in town and convince the VP station to order me in MS109 so I could do what you said now and then.....
I think I'm just beaten down into submission...I'm not glad to see what I feel like isnt very good results on others stage 1s NOT from animosity but just knowing others think dang this should be faster as well...I will tell you this my car on 93 stage 1 has seen 16-17 degrees through a fun run, no knock at all...we got some decent 93 here...obviously everyone knows it blows up immediately on stage 2 for whatever reason ( I'm just taking it down to stage 1 boost with a pulley as I said im beat down I don't even care anymore I'll take the 67 out and smash it when I want to have fun)....

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey bud!!! An old local track opened up near here it's a little short track weekend play day kinda thing...but its popular and I have been calling the gas stations, hell I called VP...to try to convince them to put an e85 pump somewhere in town and convince the VP station to order me in MS109 so I could do what you said now and then.....
I think I'm just beaten down into submission...I'm not glad to see what I feel like isnt very good results on others stage 1s NOT from animosity but just knowing others think dang this should be faster as well...I will tell you this my car on 93 stage 1 has seen 16-17 degrees through a fun run, no knock at all...we got some decent 93 here...obviously everyone knows it blows up immediately on stage 2 for whatever reason ( I'm just taking it down to stage 1 boost with a pulley as I said im beat down I don't even care anymore I'll take the 67 out and smash it when I want to have fun)....

Makes perfect sense buddy, if I do anything it’s not going over 10psi, will always get splash with 93/100 and it will be tuned by Lund

VMP and Roush are releasing new kits in days to weeks to come, i’d Like to see the results.

Then it’s boost time

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Makes perfect sense buddy, if I do anything it’s not going over 10psi, will always get splash with 93/100 and it will be tuned by Lund

VMP and Roush are releasing new kits in days to weeks to come, i’d Like to see the results.

Then it’s boost time
Agree with proper spark plug heat range and a free flowing exhaust somewhere around an optimised 10psi is probably the sweet spot at 12 to 1...on pump gas...
I think, and I can only speak for myself it may have been a big ask for a 10 second car with warranty in retrospect...I mean it took Ford the same rotor pack, a lot of tech, ton of cooling and a DCT launched like a tbrake to go 10.6 in the kind of air most of us have with 5.2L..
10s with a warranty when looking back probably WAS to much to expect!!!! The blower is capable by a mile but needs that e85 to protect the engine....
Sponsored