Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Exacly it may have pulled 3-4 degrees of timing, If that the case u should give it a try on Sunoco 260 or some boostane

3-4 degree's could be 75-100hp on a boosted car
When I logged the car it pulled 1 degree in 100 degree air temp with IATs in 140s.
I’ll order some boostane and see if that makes a significant difference.
Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
The more I read these threads the more I lean towards just leaving it alone...sucks :(

MPH just isn't right for the power level anywhere on that slip.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The more I read these threads the more I lean towards just leaving it alone...sucks :(

Well, going flex tune NA seems to work well, its these canned tuned blower cars that seem to under perform but I think he will get it straighten out once he runs boostane and logs it

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
Well, going flex tune NA seems to work well, its these canned tuned blower cars that seem to under perform but I think he will get it straighten out once he runs boostane and logs it
I agree flex or straight e85 seems to work great NA.

Alot of guys want that warranty or a 100% California emissions legal kit and from what I'm seeing right now the kit just isn't working as advertised on pump gas.

I hope everyone gets it figures out. The edelbrock is a beautiful kit from a great company but something isn't right on any of the canned tuned cars that have hit the track.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Alot of guys want that warranty or a 100% California emissions legal kit and from what I'm seeing right now the kit just isn't working as advertised on pump gas.

I hope everyone gets it figures out. The edelbrock is a beautiful kit from a great company but something isn't right on any of the canned tuned cars that have hit the track.
Pretty much sums it up

Sponsored

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt

Yeah I’m holding onto the warranty because of all the issues these cars have had. My engine is consuming oil faster than I’d like so I’m hesitant to push the engine. And I have horrible piston slap/rattle. I sort of wonder if maybe the engine is down on compression. I need to take the time to do a compression test.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase

I was on a 91 tune... now on the 93. Heading back to the track as soon as I can. I just have a lot going on.... single dad life. My car is definitely a lot more aggressive on this new tune.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah I’m holding onto the warranty because of all the issues these cars have had. My engine is consuming oil faster than I’d like so I’m hesitant to push the engine. And I have horrible piston slap/rattle. I sort of wonder if maybe the engine is down on compression. I need to take the time to do a compression test.

God I hope not, maybe u should check it

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was on a 91 tune... now on the 93. Heading back to the track as soon as I can. I just have a lot going on.... single dad life. My car is definitely a lot more aggressive on this new tune.
RACE THAT CAR:giggle:

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed for you!! :)

Only have 91 in CA and I'm sick of mixing torco/91 on my g8 so upgrading the fuel system and going flex fuel because it's a pain and expensive.

I don't want to do that on my daily.

Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My advice... get it checked out NOW... don't wait until it's too late to address. Breaking extra stuff because you kept driving it after hearing such a noise is tough to get places to want to warranty it. Make a quick video, send it to Edelbrock and see what they recommend. Just my $.02.

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
My advice... get it checked out NOW... don't wait until it's too late to address. Breaking extra stuff because you kept driving it after hearing such a noise is tough to get places to want to warranty it. Make a quick video, send it to Edelbrock and see what they recommend. Just my $.02.
That’s probably a good idea. I took it to ford back before I put the blower on while it was making noise and they said it was fine. It hasn’t failed yet so I haven’t messed with it. But I’ll take a video and send it to Edelbrock along with a compression test.

Also curious what your car will run at the track. Hopefully better than mine.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also curious what your car will run at the track. Hopefully better than mine.
Your 11.60@121 was on what tune and what tires?