Edelbrock 2650 stage 2 iat staying at 150-160

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Hey guys just started today while driving around town my iat when up to 150-160 and won’t come back down also I don’t hear from intercooler pump kicking on when I put the car in accessory mode. Any suggestions is it safe to drive if I don’t go into boost till I can get it to a shop
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
you have a air pocket, intercooler pump will kick on every time you put it in ACC but once that air pocket hits the pump, it will shit off and stay off. Once you shiut the car down and give it enough time, usually a few mins, you can open the door or put it in ACC and the pumps will try and prime again, if it hits another air pocket it will turn off and you will have to wait a few minutes again to try again.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
you have a air pocket, intercooler pump will kick on every time you put it in ACC but once that air pocket hits the pump, it will shit off and stay off. Once you shiut the car down and give it enough time, usually a few mins, you can open the door or put it in ACC and the pumps will try and prime again, if it hits another air pocket it will turn off and you will have to wait a few minutes again to try again.
How do I get the air pocket out

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
How do I get the air pocket out
Add fluid ti'll tank overflows, open the door, pump should turn on, run back to tank and keep pouring so the tank ever run dry, keep this up until it stops sucking in fluid. Took me a few tries bc the pump sucked the tank dry quicker than I could pour. then had to wait a few minutes before trying again.

It's a smart pump, it will not run dry

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Add fluid ti'll tank overflows, open the door, pump should turn on, run back to tank and keep pouring so the tank ever run dry, keep this up until it stops sucking in fluid. Took me a few tries bc the pump sucked the tank dry quicker than I could pour. then had to wait a few minutes before trying again.

It's a smart pump, it will not run dry
Ive been trying to car around fine for 3 weeks is this normal i should have to do it several weeks after the shop installed the kit?

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Ive been trying to car around fine for 3 weeks is this normal i should have to do it several weeks after the shop installed the kit?
This is addressed in site edelbrock troubleshooting thread. If the shop didn't fill the system right then the pump will shut itself off. Vacuum filling is the quickest and easiest way, if you gravity fill(pouring in by hand) then it takes a few fills ups to finally get it to stay full. Your IATs should be no more than 15-20* over ambient when cruising. Im in Texas where we hit 110* outside and my IATs never went past 125-130 when cruising

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
This is addressed in site edelbrock troubleshooting thread. If the shop didn't fill the system right then the pump will shut itself off. Vacuum filling is the quickest and easiest way, if you gravity fill(pouring in by hand) then it takes a few fills ups to finally get it to stay full. Your IATs should be no more than 15-20* over ambient when cruising. Im in Texas where we hit 110* outside and my IATs never went past 125-130 when cruising
Yea my iats have been fine the last 3 weeks since install and today all of the sudden they jumped to 170 in fla is it okay to buy the pre mixed coolant do I use the edelbrock small resivor or the oem one? I’m not too mechanical inclined wanna make sure I do it right

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Just to add I just tried opening door and heard the pump turn on for a split second and then shut off

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just to add I just tried opening door and heard the pump turn on for a split second and then shut off
it should have stayed on for a while, if the reservoir tank is empty then you need to add more fluid. Might want to make sure your tank isn't leaking, if the cap is loose or wasn't put on right then it could of been spilling out.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
it should have stayed on for a while, if the reservoir tank is empty then you need to add more fluid. Might want to make sure your tank isn't leaking, if the cap is loose or wasn't put on right then it could of been spilling out.
Just added coolant and filled it up it up drove and temps came down too normal and looks to be holding the coolant in the surge tank I’ll monitor though for a few days

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Just added coolant and filled it up it up drove and temps came down too normal and looks to be holding the coolant in the surge tank I’ll monitor though for a few days
I had this same issue if you have a little air in the system the water pump won't run. You have to keep putting coolant in until all the air gets out.
Sponsored