Sponsored

Ecoboost Pricing + Insurance.

M.Senger

Threads
Reaction score
The current 3.7 will kick all of those cars asses. The only one it won't is the s5 ;) the 2.3 will be more aimed towards the 435i and genesis 3.8.
Sorry my mistake. I was thinking about A5 Coupe - S5 is too expensive even for GT so I don't mind to compare those two.

And about insurance and taxes for bigger discplacement in Europe Union - it's BS.

What will give more grams in a year? Driving 4 000 km a year in 320 grams Mustang GT or 40 000 km in a "fuel efficient" 2.0 turbo diesel that gives 90 grams? Europe Union = fu*k logic! Those insurance costs for bigger displacement are absurd! I pay taxes in the fuel -> the more I buy -> the more I burn -> the more grams of CO2 I do. Why we need to pay extra for bigger displacement in the insurance? That's ridiculous!
Sponsored

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
What's the engine swap laws like over there ? Yea I would be outraged if I had to pay a fine for something like that .

M.Senger

Threads
Reaction score
What's the engine swap laws like over there ? Yea I would be outraged if I had to pay a fine for something like that .
Europe Union directive make Poland to have this excise tax ( that's a tax for negative hit on environment and health) added to the car value while importing car to Poland ( no matter where it's from it can be from UE or USA or Japan):

- to 2L of displacement - 3,1%
- more than 2L of displacement 18,6%

You can buy car without engine and import engine alone, I think you will pay around 4% for the car and 4% for the engine of that excise tax.

Insunrance in Poland is still cheap. Biggest rate is "2.5L or more", so you pay the same for 2.5L or 8.4L :D But in United Kingdom or Belgium you pay a lot! For example you can buy BMW E39 with big engine for less than your annual insurance is.

I have no illusions - it's made to discourage people from buying old cars or import them from USA. That makes better sells of new cars for German, French and Italian producers.

Voodoo1796

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Scion
Sound is subjective, but if it sounds anything like a Mazdaspeed3, it will have the potential to make good noises.
Former Speed3 with turbo back owner, can confirm. I'd love to see a stripper/bare bones Ecoboost 4 go for about 25K, but doubt it'll get that low. Even then, at a 27-30 spread, I know a lot of people who would start cross shopping this with the Toybaru twins.

Sponsored

Voodoo1796

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Scion
I have a BRZ. I miss having usable torque. A lot.
I have a friend who got into a BRZ from a three hundred something AWHP Evo. He loves the handling and the controlability and communication he gets from the BRZ, but he says the same frequently.

I test drove an FR-S when I was getting my Scion. I knew coming out of the M3 it was going to feel slow, but it just felt gutless.

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with my car insurance agent, based on 2014 prices (2015 info net yet available) I was quoted at $2021 for a GT, $1856 for v6. While its only a $250 difference any ideas or thoughts on whether the 4 would be closer the v6 or GT? ....this is up from 1584 for my 2003 GT btw.

mustang317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
So I just got off the phone with my car insurance agent, based on 2014 prices (2015 info net yet available) I was quoted at $2021 for a GT, $1856 for v6. While its only a $250 difference any ideas or thoughts on whether the 4 would be closer the v6 or GT? ....this is up from 1584 for my 2003 GT btw.
The Ecoboost will be in the middile it will have almost the same amount of horse power so

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
For anyone interested, new cars insurance will be set by certain parameters, but don't be shocked if your 5.0 or 2.3 goes up in a year or two. Insurance rates are based on calculated variables, so if a ton of people end up wrecking their GTs or Ecoboost cars, your insurance could go up in a year two.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I know this is old, but holy crap that is alot! :shocked: Maybe age is an advantage (and the fact that I have had no at-fault accidents in my 24yrs+ of driving may be at play), but I was quoted at $570 per year for GT and $555 for V6 based on 2014 car rates. So for me it is a wash either way.

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
I know this is old, but holy crap that is alot! :shocked: Maybe age is an advantage (and the fact that I have had no at-fault accidents in my 24yrs+ of driving may be at play), but I was quoted at $570 per year for GT and $555 for V6 based on 2014 car rates. So for me it is a wash either way.
No moving violations, no accidents. My insurance co considers me a "young driver" until 29 so no breaks at age 25 for me. However female drivers get the discount at 25. Sucks.

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Its all about age and years of experience I suppose. My parents have an 06 gt vert. They pay about 700 and change I believe

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I've found that your zip code is a HUGE factor in insurance rates. When I moved from a Los Angeles suburb to a smallish city the San Jose area, my rate dropped 40%. When I moved into San Jose proper it went back up 10%.

It has to do with car concentrations and the number of claims from that area. High crime or high accident areas equal high insurance rates. My insurance company also highly weights commute distance, and that was probably the bigger factor in my second move, as my commute went from 3 miles to 15.

Cades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Is that with full everything? uninsured/underinsured, liability, comp, medical, collision? etc.

I got a quote from geico for about a 1k a year for v6, I am 33, never had an accident/claim, no ticket in 12+ years, minimum on everything (no medical/pip) with 500 deductible.

Hell I am paying 588 a year on my old crappy 2000 ford focus without collision through allstate with the same as above + roadside assist and medical
Sponsored