Sponsored

Ecoboost Performance Calibration M-9603-M4C Opinions

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
this will perform worst than oem configuration and drop in filter. it looks super nice, but the closed oem airbox with drop in filter is proven to be the best.
Yep I heard that but imo it's a minimal difference, friend and I put some flashlights in the CAI and held the hood just shut and couldn't see any light coming out so the seal against the hood insulation is prob 95% as good as closed box

The sucking sounds are :like:
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
thats true, unless you are sitting idling. I had an open box like yourself and closed box oem, oem would cool so much faster and stayed cooler longer. but you are correct, probably not much difference in real terms of things.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
this will perform worst than oem configuration and drop in filter. it looks super nice, but the closed oem airbox with drop in filter is proven to be the best.
What about closed Roush box? I don't think it'll change what I do much, but my car came with the Roush CAI (with the lid on) and I'm likely going to be picking up the FP Tune by the holidays time.

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
After several months of having this tune installed it has made a world of difference in all driving modes. It feels more lively and responsive in general.

The tune also really helped the transmission out. The downshifts (my main complaint about the 10R80) are for the most part much better. There are still some oddities but its a night and day difference. Anyone who has harsh downshift issues with the 10R80 the FP tune will really help it out.

I am pretty happy with the car now.

Later next week I will be taking my car in for emissions testing. The tune says its legal in all 50 states. However I am a little nervous that whomever does the test will see that the software has been modified....and I am worried they will flash the stock tune back onto the car. To help prevent this - I have a port cover on the OBD port saying not to flash, I will also have a post-it requesting for no software updates, and I will be telling the advisor that as well. For whatever reason, whether its a car, computer, or phones, people seem to really want to update software even when you request for them not to 🙄

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
After several months of having this tune installed it has made a world of difference in all driving modes. It feels more lively and responsive in general.

The tune also really helped the transmission out. The downshifts (my main complaint about the 10R80) are for the most part much better. There are still some oddities but its a night and day difference. Anyone who has harsh downshift issues with the 10R80 the FP tune will really help it out.

I am pretty happy with the car now.

Later next week I will be taking my car in for emissions testing. The tune says its legal in all 50 states. However I am a little nervous that whomever does the test will see that the software has been modified....and I am worried they will flash the stock tune back onto the car. To help prevent this - I have a port cover on the OBD port saying not to flash, I will also have a post-it requesting for no software updates, and I will be telling the advisor that as well. For whatever reason, whether its a car, computer, or phones, people seem to really want to update software even when you request for them not to 🙄
Unless you are taking to a ford dealer to have emission testing done the emission test center will not have the ability to return to stock calibration since it is a dealer only option. Plus the dealer will want to charge you to do it so you will have to approve the charge to do so.

The FP tune will pass testing just fine so you should have no worries.

BD

Sponsored

Fury_Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2018
I managed to have the GT500 CAI box installed nicely on mine, so far its been fantastic.

79B5B9F8-5814-4380-9FC3-F5FDE04C1060_1_105_c.jpeg

Fury_Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2018
Clean all that fire ash out of your engine bay, jeez lol
to lazy, its from Krown, anti rust treatment unfortunately, I'll have to ask them not to spray around the engine bay next time :D

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
to lazy, its from Krown, anti rust treatment unfortunately, I'll have to ask them not to spray around the engine bay next time :D
So you *PAID* someone to make you car look that bad?

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Yes, if you aren't from up north, it's a long story.
I'm from far enough North that I've dealt with road salt, but that undercoating job is a little silly.

Fury_Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2018
Nevermind.
brother, I'm a bit puzzled since it's solely the undercarriage and engine bay we're discussing.

Could you provide more details about your concern here? It sucks yes, not pretty to look at but I don't open my hood, durability/longevity is more important to me since I am located in Canada, otherwise the car exterior is mint lol
Sponsored