Sponsored

Ecoboost lower grille - Part #?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 35644

Good morning, all,

Nothing is simple. :-) I found what I believed to be the lower grille I need for my car. There were only two choices, the other of which said "Chrm Srnd" (JR3Z-17K945-AA), which I don't have. So, I picked the other one, a JR3Z-17K945-BA. Opened the box this morning and it's a honeycomb grille, I'm assuming for the GT.

See the images below. I used my VIN, and then I entered the car by description, and I get the same result on multiple Ford Parts websites. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks for any help you can provide. The part # for the "slat" lower grille would be great!

Grille2.jpg
Grille1.jpg
Sponsored

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
The honey comb grille is for a stock or premium ecoboost without adaptive cruise control. If it had those diagonal "fangs" built in, it's for the GT.

Your lower grille looks like the one that comes on cars that have the adaptive cruise control option.

Should be FR3Z-17K945-CA

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Thanks much for the tip.

Am I driving some kind of factory freak? VIN 1FA6P8TH9J5107984 base w/101A package. Car came with cloth seats, so there's no way it's any kind of Premium in disguise. Not sure I get what's going on, but I'm taking this part number to the dealership.

EDIT: Now that I look at this more closely, this fits a '15 - '17. UGH.

Does Not Fit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
No problem.

Could have happened at the factory. There was a thread a while back about someone who bought a brand new GT, and it had the ecoboost/v6 hood on it instead of the GT style with the vents. Dealer was confused as he was.

Edit : I tried to dig deeper. I found a car like yours for sale online with the same lower grille in pictures. When I used its VIN on Ford, it listed the chrome surrounded one as the only option. There is definitely no chrome there in the pictures, so maybe that is really the one you need.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

The correct part is JR3Z-17K945-AA, despite the description including "chrome surround". Exchanged the wrong one after work today. Ford doesn't make it easy.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The honey comb grille is for a stock or premium ecoboost without adaptive cruise control. If it had those diagonal "fangs" built in, it's for the GT.

Your lower grille looks like the one that comes on cars that have the adaptive cruise control option.

Should be FR3Z-17K945-CA
Stumbled upon this and started to wonder... anyone know if it is safe to change out the stock lower grille that comes with adaptive cruise control on the 2015-2017 models for a more stylish aftermarket lower grille? Any issues using the adaptive cruise control with a different lower grille?
Sponsored