Ecoboost HPP versus Altima VC Turbo

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2004 gto
You can get a base gt for about $35,000 out the door.I had $3500 in negative equity and still came out less than the sticker.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
With all respect -- buy a used civic... save your money for years and then buy what you really want.

Sounds like you are trying to fit a budget and won't be happy with either choice.

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
One of the ways Nissan has really shot themselves in the foot is their commitment to CVT transmissions. Their reliability continues to be poor and normal transmission shops can't rebuild them, so you have to send it out or replace it. Plus, people don't like them. This is a big reason why so many have walked away from Nissan and I have told people who have asked for advice to to stay away from them. Not saying you have to get the Mustang, but at least look into the CVT issues before you buy one.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To me if your on a budget a kia GT would fit the bill. 21 grand out the door. 200hp in a 3000 pound package. And if your only interest is straight line speed. A regular EB is probably a good choice.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
To me if your on a budget a kia GT would fit the bill. 21 grand out the door. 200hp in a 3000 pound package. And if your only interest is straight line speed. A regular EB is probably a good choice.
Agreed. Those Kia Forte GT's which go for around 22 - 24 grand is not a bad choice for a quick-ish compact, unlike the Si, it comes with a 7 speed duel clutch and actually is lighter at around 2750 lbs (depending on options might go up a tad). Tuning potential with a lighter body....not too bad for the price....at all.
They just should have kept the koupe option, imo.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Most of the "features" you listed in the original post, aren't features at all. Collision warning, lane departure, more bs. Those belong in a family sedan not a sports car. I don't need another "feature" that will just break right outside of warranty. All the security "features" in cars these days are meant to help distracted drivers or people who frankly are just terrible drivers to begin with.

You can compare an Altima and a Mustang if you want, but it isn't even close. They are in two different classes and meant for two different audiences.

The Altima is meant to have a little zip, get pretty good gas mileage, and be able to haul a family around while being comfortable.
- 0-60 MPH in 5.9 seconds
- Garbage transmission (CVT) that isn't meant to handle much power
- Wrong wheel drive (FWD)
- Suspension meant for comfort not spirited driving or racing
- The Honda Accord with the 10 speed is a much better option

The Mustang is meant to be fast, get smiles per gallon, and handle corners well while you or you and your buddy or girlfriend are cruising or racing.
- 0-60 MPH in 4.5 seconds for the HPP with a 10 speed transmission and it just gets faster from there
- 10 speed transmission is bonkers and keeps the car in its powerband
- Right wheel drive (RWD)
- Suspension meant for spirited driving and racing. Comfort comes second

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a friend who has a 7,000 lb diesel pickup truck that runs 10.70s in the quarter, or about the same as his 911 turbo. Seems like just as valid a comparison as a Mustang and Altima.

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend who has a 7,000 lb diesel pickup truck that runs 10.70s in the quarter, or about the same as his 911 turbo. Seems like just as valid a comparison as a Mustang and Altima.
Yeah, but can he pull a space shuttle with his 911? You know, cause I have a lot planned for next summer when I'm able to do stuff again..

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Entry level two door sports car vs basic family sedan.....how are these even compared?? They are in completely different markets for completely different audiences.

Forget brands and models, what do you want out of a car? Seems like price is a constraint for you, that's a great start.
For example, when I was shopping around, I wanted 2 doors, RWD, manual trans, > 400hp, and around $40k. Mustang fit that perfectly.
What do you want? Maybe around $35k, auto trans, and maybe 200+hp? There are endless amounts of cars that fit that bill.
Sponsored