Sponsored

Ecoboost High Performance Pkg 0-60 actual

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I agree with all the posters here who say you need premium to get the most out of the car. I disagree with those who suggest you need to run premium to keep the car "safe," or that the car "won't like" regular gas (assuming you are running a stock tune). There is no increase in safety from using premium. The detonation margins are the same if you use premium or regular because the computer limits power output with lower octane fuel. The car will neither like or dislike whatever kind of gas you put in it--the car has no feelings about the issue. The PCM will simply limit power output with lower octane fuel. The DRIVER is a different matter. The DRIVER will most certainly dislike using regular gas after running the car with premium because the loss of power is SIGNIFICANT. If you are willing to live with it, however, it makes no difference to the car--either safety-wise or emotionally.

I run regular gas almost exclusively in the winter because a) it's a lot cheaper than premium and b) I can't use all the power on wet and snowy roads anyway. Why pay for premium fuel when you can't use the extra power anyway?
Sponsored

Doge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Prem PP
While I don't have a 2020 EB HPP I do have a 2019 EB PP and have been extremely impressed with it. I bought it with about 4k miles on it and got a great deal because of covid and the dealer really needed some sales. I've loved the car as is, plenty of power and leaving the active exhaust on track sounds fantastic to me with the boost noises. Not to mention I saved probably 7k+ off a comparable GT; I have just about every package you can get on the 19' EB. If I was really worried about the speed I could easily drop another 4k or so on some upgrades and blow any GT or comparable car out of the water.

I know it isnt the HPP but if you have any other questions or concerns let me know the EB is a fantastic car I'd be happy to give you more of my thoughts.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why pay for premium fuel when you can't use the extra power anyway?
Blasphemy! Everyone grab a faggot and a gas can, we must burn this heresy to purge it from our ranks.
/joking obviously.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So, I don't have a 2020 HPP, but my 18 EBPP/A10/Premium has been fed a diet of 93 octane from the day I drove it off the lot and it was a REALLY consistent 6.1-6.2 second 0-60 car for the first 20K miles. Sticky tires, all-season tires, no difference. 90* outside, 50* outside, whatever, 6.1 to 6.2. Load the trans to 1500rpm, drag mode launch. It was and is depressing, but the car weighs over 3800#...

I have since installed the FPP tune and a big IC, and best 0-60 is now 5.7, again pretty damn consistent. I would have to personally drive a car that could do a sub-5 second 0-60 to come to terms with my car being so slow.

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
The Ford factory manual says 1K miles for break in. I have seen on my car continued improvement through 3K miles. Now that I have 6K on the car it runs great. I got my car with 67 miles on it and 45 were delivery miles (highway). It sucked then and for at least 500 miles. I carefully broke it in with <4500 rpms until 1K. One thing I did at about 2K was calibrate the throttle pedal. It really helped with normal mode not so much for sport or track. I only have 91 octane here in CA and it is the only gas I have put in the car except- For hot days at autocross I have added 4 gallons of 100 octane to get over 93. I will try a few 0-60 tests after I get through re-hab from shoulder surgery in 6-10 weeks.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
So, I don't have a 2020 HPP, but my 18 EBPP/A10/Premium has been fed a diet of 93 octane from the day I drove it off the lot and it was a REALLY consistent 6.1-6.2 second 0-60 car for the first 20K miles. Sticky tires, all-season tires, no difference. 90* outside, 50* outside, whatever, 6.1 to 6.2. Load the trans to 1500rpm, drag mode launch. It was and is depressing, but the car weighs over 3800#...

I have since installed the FPP tune and a big IC, and best 0-60 is now 5.7, again pretty damn consistent. I would have to personally drive a car that could do a sub-5 second 0-60 to come to terms with my car being so slow.
Do you ever wonder if MAYBE the track apps is not 100% accurate in your car?
I bring that up bc in my stock '16 BASE (so lighter - but less torque and a 6r80) I am able to achieve 5.5 secs 0-60 in 70s temps using a 1500 rpm launch. Without a launch and same temps, 5.7 - 5.8 sec. In 90s temp, 6.1 - 6.2 no launch...Im sure in even HOTTER temps itd go up a tad bit. I have NOT done a run in 50F's temp but *feels* faster. I also run 93 octane ALWAYS, even in the winter....
I find it weird that you say youd get 6 secs regardless of TEMPERATURES. Did it not do better in drag mode?

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Do you ever wonder if MAYBE the track apps is not 100% accurate in your car?
I bring that up bc in my stock '16 BASE (so lighter - but less torque and a 6r80) I am able to achieve 5.5 secs 0-60 in 70s temps using a 1500 rpm launch. Without a launch and same temps, 5.7 - 5.8 sec. In 90s temp, 6.1 - 6.2 no launch...Im sure in even HOTTER temps itd go up a tad bit. I have NOT done a run in 50F's temp but *feels* faster. I also run 93 octane ALWAYS, even in the winter....
I find it weird that you say youd get 6 secs regardless of TEMPERATURES. Did it not do better in drag mode?
I do wonder as a matter of fact, so I went out and bought a Dragy GPS accelerometer to compare. The Dragy reads to two decimal places, but is still in the same ballpark - 6.04 to 6.19 (before FPP tune install). To me, that’s close enough that I don’t need to worry about the Track Apps being crazy. I did take the time to calibrate my fuel mileage and tire size and that might add to the apparent error someone else might see if they haven’t done that for their car, though.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I do wonder as a matter of fact, so I went out and bought a Dragy GPS accelerometer to compare. The Dragy reads to two decimal places, but is still in the same ballpark - 6.04 to 6.19 (before FPP tune install). To me, that’s close enough that I don’t need to worry about the Track Apps being crazy. I did take the time to calibrate my fuel mileage and tire size and that might add to the apparent error someone else might see if they haven’t done that for their car, though.
I do wonder why some EB's vary so much in performance. Like, for example, the manual PP is supposed to actually be SLOWER in the 0-60 than its auto PP or non PP auto or manual...
Like you, I've read of some unable to break into the sub 6, yet some, like me, have no problem. Weird. :inspect:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I do wonder why some EB's vary so much in performance. Like, for example, the manual PP is supposed to actually be SLOWER in the 0-60 than its auto PP or non PP auto or manual...
Like you, I've read of some unable to break into the sub 6, yet some, like me, have no problem. Weird. :inspect:
Right? I would love to find something just flat wrong with my car that would instantly drop a friggin second off of my 0-60 times. That would be 2x the benefit of the FPP tune I installed. I’m pretty happy with the 5.7’s I hit every time now, but it ought to be 5.0’s? 4.7’s?

I know the car is just plain heavy, but I deliberately built the car with everything I could for a spirited driving experience with 4 fewer cylinders. Maybe 0-60’isnt the way to measure that...

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Right? I would love to find something just flat wrong with my car that would instantly drop a friggin second off of my 0-60 times. That would be 2x the benefit of the FPP tune I installed. I’m pretty happy with the 5.7’s I hit every time now, but it ought to be 5.0’s? 4.7’s?

I know the car is just plain heavy, but I deliberately built the car with everything I could for a spirited driving experience with 4 fewer cylinders. Maybe 0-60’isnt the way to measure that...
Yes, completely agree that 0-60 isnt everything. Its about the driving experience so as long as you get some smiles as soon as you drive her, ITS ALL GOOD! :rockon:

moab361

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT PP1
I had a 2017 ecoboost base w/ Ford performance Tune. Automatic w/ 93 octane I'd get 5.5 easy. I always thought the HPP had similar tune built in, you should beat 6s no problem, especially if you're on a 10 speed.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I think this is because of the 3.55 final ratio in the diff. We have to go to 3rd to reach 60. Non-HPP does not so there’s only a launch and 1 shift. The auto is just plain faster between gears even if it has to shift more.
I’ve only done 4 timed pulls so far, and my best is only 5.9. HPP, Manual trans. Tires can’t keep traction, but I need to lower them to doorjam psi. I keep forgetting to pull deflators out of my Jeep.
But the biggest obstacle is driver lack of skill, I never cared about 0-60 until I had one fun to do it in with a built-in timer.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I pulled 6.3 second 0-60 all day long in my 2015 EB w/6spd manual at 6800ft above sea level, bone stock. That was with me bogging the engine each time because I could not find a proper RPM to drop the clutch at.
Something's wrong if an HPP is only pulling 6.5 seconds 0-60.
Sponsored