Ecoboost GT PP Brembo Brake Upgrade

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone done swapped their ecoboost brakes to GT PP brembos? I have the ecoboost premium and wondering if it’s possible and if someone has done it before..? If anyone can add some insight or redirect me to an article where it is discussed I’d appreciate it.
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Don't think its possible unless you swap the brake master cylinder as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hundreds, thousands(?) of people have done this. ebay Shelby American takeoffs is generally the cheapest source of practically new parts. You will need the PP lines and the stock MC is just fine to re-use.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Thought you could only do the swap on performance pack ecoboosts not premiums ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
v6 and EB use the same 2-pots. Yes you can upgrade these to the GT or EB/PP 4-pots, as well as the 6.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
OP, please clarify, do you have a performance pack EB, or just premium.

If you have a perf pack, the Brembo calipers and rotors are a direct bolt on, use the same MC and brake lines.
If its a base EB, you need MC, lines, rotors and calipers.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ford makes a kit for 2015 thru 2020 GT's or EcoBoost's.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2300-V

I don't see anywhere that it says certain models would need to upgrade the master cylinder. Doesn't seem to matter if it is a premium, performance pack etc. as long as it is a GT or EcoBoost, it should fit. For an EcoBoost you will definitely need the brake lines along with the calipers and rotors.

I would say you could get take off parts for much cheaper then what Ford sells the kit for.

Doug

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
PP EB front brakes are the same as the base GT 4 piston brakes with 14" rotors.

Direct bolt on if you pick up take off Brembo calipers and rotors.(6 piston and 15" rotors)

Base EB use 2 piston calipers. Not compatible with Brembo upgrades.
You will need a whole front kit to make this happen.

Please do not comment when you do not know what you are talking about.

I've done both of these upgrades, so disregard what " it would be"

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Base EB use 2 piston calipers. Not compatible with Brembo upgrades.
so the base EB wheel hub with it's caliper-mounting holes is not compatible? This might be a early-run pathology. I donated a set of 4-pots to another guy so his 2-pot (v6) mustang could use the bigger brakes and the shop said they bolted up just dandy.

you just contradicted your earlier post.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I don't think that is what he is referring. Mounting holes are the same but I don't think you an go from a 2 pot to a 6 pot without changing the master cylinder. In your case, yes a 2 pot to 4 works. If i remember correctly going 4 to 6 is no big deal with the base gt/ master cylinder. The difference is like 1.7% i think. But going to 2-6 would be over 3% and the brake bias change would be too much.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...-mustang-ecoboost-base-gt-2015-2022/p/M2300V/

Last edited:

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
You are getting very different comments here. Just go to the Steeda site and you will see that the 6 piston GT PP calipers and Bullitt calipers are not compatible with your ecoboost.

Fwiw you may notice a big benefit by getting upgraded rotors, better pads, new brake lines and better fluid without having to go 6 piston. Unless you are on the track and need the heat dissipation anything more is just for show. Just be prepared to keep up with dust a bit more cleaning your wheels. Check out the Powerstop Evolution Z23 upgrade for your car. Will make a huge difference IMO.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
So I got mines from Shelby on ebay. I have a base mustang and I got the calipers, the lines attached to the calipers and the rotors. I just need to get the dust shields. The dust shields are the only thing missing from the kit from CJPonyparts. So, with mines being a non pp ecoboost do I need to get a MC?
I have seen a lot of videos where people just bolts these up on youtube and bleed the brakes. I never really checked if it was pp or non pp.
Thanks

Last edited:

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
So I got mines from Shelby on ebay. I have a base mustang and I got the calipers, the lines attached to the calipers and the rotors. I just need to get the dust shields. The dust shields are the only thing missing from the kit from CJPonyparts. So, with mines being a non pp ecoboost do I need to get a MC?
I have seen a lot of videos where people just bolts these up on youtube and bleed the brakes. I never really checked if it was pp or non pp.
Thanks
I would suggest getting the MC. But if you are driving around town and not pushing the car that hard perhaps its fine. Granted this is what i recall, might wana speak to ford or another source who would know better.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I would suggest getting the MC. But if you are driving around town and not pushing the car that hard perhaps its fine. Granted this is what i recall, might wana speak to ford or another source who would know better.
So will the calipers mount to the current knuckle.
I wonder what other parts i will need?
Thanks
Sponsored