EBC Pads

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Looks like there's finally a brake pad upgrade option for non-PP cars. EBC has Yellow Stuff pads out now...

Front - DP43042R ~$165-185
Rear - DP43041R ~$100
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd never get EBCs again. The dust they create eats wheels/wheel clear coat. The performance is good, though.

OP
OP
dbranger94

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
The only other pads I've seen are the StopTech Posi-Quiet.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
PowerStop offers a series of Semi Metallic and carbon fiber/ceramic pads for the PP brakes. You can get them at Rock Auto .com. They are really reasonably priced. I put the Carbon Ceramic Z23 compound on my front PP brakes to cut down on dust last weekend. Brake performance seems as good or better then stock PP front pads (maybe a little less grabby at low speed). For $52.78 shipped, I thought it was worth a try to get rid of all the nasty dust on my front wheels.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BMac what alternative do you recommend for non-PP drivers?
Carbotech has their 1521. Honestly I am pretty happy with the OEM pad, tires are definitely the limit of braking performance with this brake setup. If tracking the car, I'd step up to one of Carbotech's stronger offerings. I don't recall the part number, but it was one step above their autocross pad and is still streetable.

Roger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks man, I've upgraded my front tires to 275's and the brakes I think could be the limiting factor now.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
PowerStop offers a series of Semi Metallic and carbon fiber/ceramic pads for the PP brakes. You can get them at Rock Auto .com. They are really reasonably priced. I put the Carbon Ceramic Z23 compound on my front PP brakes to cut down on dust last weekend. Brake performance seems as good or better then stock PP front pads (maybe a little less grabby at low speed). For $52.78 shipped, I thought it was worth a try to get rid of all the nasty dust on my front wheels.

[MENTION=24717]92 Couper[/MENTION]

How many pads does that include? Is that per caliper, or is that just for one side of the caliper?

Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, I've upgraded my front tires to 275's and the brakes I think could be the limiting factor now.
If you jump on the brakes hard from 50-60 mph, do you still get some noticeable ABS intervention? If yes, it's still tires. Going more aggressive is good when you need more friction overall and/or higher temp compounds for track use/repeated very hard stops.

I remember on my previous car, even with the EBC pads I couldn't get the Pilot Super Sports to slip at all. I needed more rotor and pad :).

Roger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not noticing any ABS intervention with the new tires. I do also track the car (just started) so eventually I want to have a set of track pads & rotors to swap off and on.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not noticing any ABS intervention with the new tires. I do also track the car (just started) so eventually I want to have a set of track pads & rotors to swap off and on.
Ah! In that case Carbotech has some good options for streetable track pads (driving to and from, but not for daily use). A friend of mine does this with his Mazdaspeed 3 that he tracks.

The terrible and skinny P-zero Neros on my car allow for plenty of ABS intervention when I jump on the brakes. I can't wait to get a square 275 setup of MPSS's someday.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
[MENTION=24717]92 Couper[/MENTION]

How many pads does that include? Is that per caliper, or is that just for one side of the caliper?

Thanks
The $52.78 was for 4 pads (complete front set, along with new HW). These are full sized pads (The same size as stock PP pads) with the rubber/steel shims on the back and lubricant included. So far I like them a lot.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
There have been pads out for quite some time for the non-GT PP. If you are looking for a dual purpose pad go with R8 G-LOC's front and rear. If you find yourself doing more tracking you can always step up to an R10 on street tires without issue.
We will also be launching our Slotted Rotors for the non PP GT/EcoBoost PP next week now that we can get a steady supply of Ford OEM Rotors. We have had the Rear fitment for a while.

You can see the Non PP Front Pads HERE

The Rear Pads are HERE

We try to keep most of them on the shelf therefore we pretty much always have an open stock order with G-LOC. Our Customers have been very happy with them.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I know I'm jumping in here late but I used up my OEM pads at my last track day. I See that EBC also offers a red pad with ceramic for lower dust on daily drivers. Does anyone have experience with them?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm jumping in here late but I used up my OEM pads at my last track day. I See that EBC also offers a red pad with ceramic for lower dust on daily drivers. Does anyone have experience with them?
I did not have a good experience with Redstuff pads. They dust a decent amount and the dust is very hard on wheels/wheel clearcoat. The performance is pretty good, though.
Sponsored