Sponsored

eBay fake Roush spoiler - looks good

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Incorrect. I also have a OEM GT350 track pack spoiler on my car that I had painted car color. Could have went "fake" but did not.

Not quite sure why my profession got brought into this in the first place.

Is it that hard to tell the OP hey car looks good and move on?
Do you always pushover or ignore your standard or ethics, every single time? Or will you occasionally stand ground? I don't fight this out 99.9% of the time I see it, I just happened to in this thread :lol:

Your profession was brought up so I could attempt and help you relate. But it didn't go anywhere.

Apparently we have both had a hard time just saying it looks good and moving on.
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Jesus what a shit show lol here's the way I see it, authentic Roush spoiler costs $350 and that in my opinion is overpriced for what is a long piece of plastic, thus I would not purchase it. The replica at a $150 is reasonable and I purchased it. So the way I see it, Roush did not lose anything in this scenario because at no point was I even considering the Roush, they weren't going to get my $350 if I bought the clone or not.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Bingo. And I'm ok with that. It's there for appearance, not function. I love how it looks, and the price was right.
Bingo. Thats my point. It just looks cool!

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Jesus what a shit show lol here's the way I see it, authentic Roush spoiler costs $350 and that in my opinion is overpriced for what is a long piece of plastic, thus I would not purchase it. The replica at a $150 is reasonable and I purchased it. So the way I see it, Roush did not lose anything in this scenario because at no point was I even considering the Roush, they weren't going to get my $350 if I bought the clone or not.
If i were shopping for a spoiler, this would be my thought too.

I would never be a potential roush customer for a basic spoiler.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I can respect this as an early thought and applaud your respectful contribution. But let me counter that had the replica not existed at all, you would either have more money in your pocket or an alternative design they could have made. Either scenario being fair and ethical.

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Hahaha chill out bro. It's only $350. And if you can't afford $350, don't buy it. Why people wanna support copy-cat thieves is beyond me. :headbonk:
Well because you get the same exact thing for a cheaper price. I have better things to spend that extra 200$ bucks on. The only reason roush charges that much is because you get their "name" brand. If you deny that it isn't smarter to buy the cheaper spoiler when they do the exact same thing... Well that's pretty sad.

JCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 400a Magnetic
I'm not going to respond to all the replies as I don't want to derail the thread any more but I will say this...

So, they dont meet up to your personal standards. You'd never stoop to their level. Buuuuuut if they can save you a buck, you'll support them with your money and time.
Lots of people do lots of things I wouldn't. That doesn't make them wrong for doing it

I wouldn't want to be a stripper but I wouldn't have a problem going to a strip club.

Either way, :cheers: for keeping it civil & intelligent through our differences.
Likewise. I absolutely understand where you are coming from and I definitely think there are some things we could do better in this country as far as IP protection is concerned but it seems we will just need to agree to disagree on the details. Given that, this round is on me :cheers:

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Thanks guys! And, we could totally derail the conversation by me posting this pic of the Raxiom taillights too!!
MJB_6870-2.jpg

Sponsored

Sean006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem
Personally I think the foose one looks better and bolts up to where the stock
One does.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Thanks guys! And, we could totally derail the conversation by me posting this pic of the Raxiom taillights too!!
Those lights give me an f12 vibe... Haha I love the stock lights though but it looks nice!!

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
It is a stolen design, and an entity that steals things is by definition a thieve. By definition, it is precisely what it is... so i'm not sure I see the room for debate on that piece of the discussion.
LOL. I hope you've never bought store brand Frosted Flakes.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Whats wrong with the Raxiom lights?
Sponsored