Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did I miss the Flowmaster reviews? It seems like on American Muscle website, everyone who bought a FM catback loves the sound.

I want something that is deep - not the:
Raspy/spitting/popping/rev screaming/back firing sounds...

I KNOW no mater which catback is used a T4 will never sound like a V8, not trying to sound like a V8. I just want that lower, deeper growl, know what I mean?

I hear a lot of Subaru WRX's that have really deep exhaust tones - like a growl, not that high end poppy/raspy sound. That's what I am trying to refer to as far as the sound (hard to convey via written words). :)

Lots of great vids on here - but it's so hard to tell the actual sound via video. Just curious, have any of you met up in groups to compare/listen to each other's exhaust?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
To keep the rasp down and a deep tone, you want to have some kind of resonator in place. I have a MF Street setup with an added Vibrant resonator. Although it's not really bad, I've still been thinking about going back to a catted downpipe.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Lots of great vids on here - but it's so hard to tell the actual sound via video. Just curious, have any of you met up in groups to compare/listen to each other's exhaust?
That's the best way to figure it out for yourself. Video's never do these kits justice. Doesn't matter how nice of a camera or mic. I'd suggest hitting up people you see live nearby; I did that and now I have a full-fledged Mustang group. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Did I miss the Flowmaster reviews? It seems like on American Muscle website, everyone who bought a FM catback loves the sound.

I want something that is deep - not the raspy/spitting/popping/back firing sounds... I KNOW no mater which catback is used a T4 will never sound like a V8, not trying to sound like a V8. I just want that lower, deeper growl, know what I mean?

I hear a lot of Subaru WRX's that have really deep exhaust tones - like a growl, not that high end poppy/raspy sound. That's what I am trying to refer to as far as the sound.

If you like the sound they make them Buy the muffler they use. You won't get the burble because that is caused by unequal length exhaust headers and the turbulence that they generate. Had plenty of people complement my exhaust and its nice and throaty.

Tl;dr- Buy an N1 muffler from eBay. Take it to your local muffler shop and have them build you a 3" catback.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
To keep the rasp down and a deep tone, you want to have some kind of resonator in place. I have a MF Street setup with an added Vibrant resonator. Although it's not really bad, I've still been thinking about going back to a catted downpipe.

So if the resonator is left in place - that will quell the rasp/pops if using any aftermarket axle back?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Yeah, that'll mitigate probably 95% of it.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Magnaflow Competition or MBRP race seem to be the deep bassy systems. Unfortunately in the UK there's literally only a handful of mustangs, they're mostly GTs and nobody sells the exhausts here. I'm having to rely on YouTube and forums for suggestions

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Ecoboost aftermarket exhaust

Anyone running the FullRace street exhaust? And /Or do you have a sound clip or video of it? i like to hear the race version also.

Sponsored

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, I should have my income tax return by then

RazorRamon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet SS
Talked to FullRace today and the Ecoboost catback on their website should not be listed. The center muffler / y-pipe is in the prototype stage and not ready for prime time. There is too much turbulence inside the current muffler and they are coming out with a new one with a better design ......... more flow through. Per the phone conversation, they are shooting for an April release with 2 versions .......... triple muffler and single y-pipe / muffler with no cans in the back which of course will be more aggressive. You will also be able to purchase the exhaust from other vendors besides them if you wish. He told me 3 for sure, but it's probably not a good idea to say at this point since the exhaust systems have not been released yet. I am definitely in hurry up and wait mode ............ ;-)
I have a Full Race Catback. It's not on my car as of now(purchased a few weeks ago) and with this kind of news it would be cool for FullRace to chime in for those of us who purchased. This has left me feeling iffy...

Edit: I just spoke to Geoff from Full-Race. Please ignore the info from Doskiller, it is false.

Last edited:

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Talked to FullRace today and the Ecoboost catback on their website should not be listed. The center muffler / y-pipe is in the prototype stage and not ready for prime time.
Im not sure who you spoke with, but that is not correct. To be clear:
Our 3" street exhaust we sell now uses three x 3" mufflers with full 3" piping. very high flow and great exhaust note. This is what's on my personal car right now.

The race exhaust (single muffler) is the one that is not yet for sale, under development. The center muffler does not have enough turbulence, and it is too loud. This is what i sent tune+ for his race car becuase it drove me crazy driving around

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want sound clips or video with them on full race street