Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

cthomas5714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
Lately I had been debating a lot on what I should do exhaust wise because I was wanting the little performance pickup from a catback but I just don't feel that the price of them is worth it without a downpipe to boot. I got a little creative with my choice and totally embraced the nature of the 4 cylinder turbo and went with a single 3in piping from the stock flex pipe all the way back and in my opinion it's probably the best muffler/resonator delete that can be done. (As long as you don't mind missing a tip and all haha) I think it looks and sounds amazing and I will upload a video here soon!
Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So earlier today I had my SW catted dp installed. I've been running the MBRP street 409 catback mated to stock dp for the past few months. It took a good week to get use to the new exhaust note and I even had a few days of anxiety wondering what have I done. So now after the dp install, I'm having those thoughts all over again. I kind of thought that exhaust note with a high flow catted dp would get a little louder over the stock dp but damn. And it doesn't take much throttle to make it loud. I had the shop blip the throttle a few times for me before I left and it sounded good outside the car. Once at cruising speed it's not that loud and the radio at medium volume drowns out the exhaust and there's very little drone at certain rpms. Nothing too terrible. But accelerating from a light whether WOT or normal, it's loud and if accelerating faster from cruising speed, it's loud. After the initial shock wears off, I have a feeling I'm going to love it but as of today, it's louder than I was expecting. If anyone is interested in what a Stainless Works catted dp mated to a MBRP street 409 catback (stock intake, airaid is on the shelf still) sounds like, I'll try to get some clips.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Has no one bought the Full Race catback yet? I can't find videos of it anywhere online.

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I just installed mine yesterday and it sounds deep. Not bad and not Ricey. (I was afraid of that) plus with the mishimoto intake the car just comes alive on the streets.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Full turboback test... Magnaflow Exhaust & CPE Downpipe. I did a launch, and a few revs...

Nice car. I thought about adding the GT wheels too. Did you notice any difference due to the wheels being a different weight than the stock PP rims ?
I need to drive out that way and hear your car in person as that exhaust is on my short list.
Robert

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Nice car. I thought about adding the GT wheels too. Did you notice any difference due to the wheels being a different weight than the stock PP rims ?
I need to drive out that way and hear your car in person as that exhaust is on my short list.
Robert
More traction :)

The wider tires really help off the line. They aren't much heavier than 255's on the standard PP EB, and I really liked the look.

Let me know and we'll figure something out. I can tell you that the DP changed it quite a bit, you can hear the turbo a lot now and well it's loud. Debating on whether I want to add a resonator or not. I really have to hear my car driving by to judge better as I don't want to be THAT guy.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
More traction :)

The wider tires really help off the line. They aren't much heavier than 255's on the standard PP EB, and I really liked the look.

Let me know and we'll figure something out. I can tell you that the DP changed it quite a bit, you can hear the turbo a lot now and well it's loud. Debating on whether I want to add a resonator or not. I really have to hear my car driving by to judge better as I don't want to be THAT guy.
How about inside the car ? Any drone ? That is definitely something I don't want. I had a Porsche that droned before and it was so unbearable I ended up going back to a stock set up

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Well cruising @2K is ok, there's some drone with the DP, but not without. It's not bad though, you just have to play with the RPMs a bit.

Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I'll get a vid of the new exhaust configuration on my car tonight or tomorrow. I had a 2.5" inlet/dual 2.25" outlet magnaflow muffler in place of the resonator. It had a nice grumble, but got a little buzzy sounding in higher rpm. I ordered a 3" inlet/dual 2.5" outlet stainless Full Boar muffler off eBay and had it installed. The shop found a nice SS 3" mandrel bent 90* in their scrap bin, and welded it all up for me. Now there is zero flow constriction into the muffler....still using the factory tailpipes. It's actually mellower at idle than the Maggie was, and has a seriously nasty sound at WOT. Almost dead quiet at highway speeds, just a slight growl that is easily covered by the radio. It surprised me, especially with the catless down pipe.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Mbrp vs MF street

Guys help! Which one is more refined mbrp street vs magnaflow street series.
Cant decide !! More inclined towards the MF as i think it is a bit less loud. But mbrp 3 inch piping may be better flow and it also a lot cheaper... But my main comcern is refinment no raspiness and nondrone is key

MJ2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP DIB
Neodark was there a BIG difference in how loud it was after you installed the down pipe?

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
MBRP vs MF

It's all a matter of personal taste but the Magnaflow street to me sounds the best of them all and isn't intrusive when cruising. Besides, the MBRP 3" pipes are bigger than necessary and might cause you to loose a significant amount of Torque, unless your car is highly modified.