EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

Go On 3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 1996 GT, 2014 BMW 335i
By far my favorite so far; if you squint your eyes hard enough, it kinda sounds like a 2010 - 2013 era Camaro V8...until it takes off :lol:

Sponsored

Last edited:

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
These recent vids are awesome, guys. Thanks for taking the time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's my setup with the Flowmaster Outlaws. The first video is just the axle back. To be honest it was pretty quiet/tame. Not nearly as much turbo noise or gurgle with the resonator still on, but if you want a more tame/no cabin noise setup that's the way to go.

The 2 last videos are after the y-pipe install. Far louder. Much more turbo noise. Gurgles and backfires like hell haha (I actually scared the shit out of myself the first time I back fired at like 6200 rpm.) Lower RPMs are pretty damn deep for a 4 cylinder, and it gurgles like crazy. Gets a ton of compliments for an eco. It DOES get pretty crazy when you lay into it though. Definitely not a quiet setup by ANY means. Pick your poison really. The RPMs were kept pretty low 2500-3200~ just because I was next to my apartments and it gets incredibly loud.

Edit: The last video is more indicative of the sound after the entire setup had been broken in. The second video still sounds pretty clean with very little gurgle. After being broken in it's FAR more aggressive, and the third was taken last week.
[ame]
[ame]
[ame]
Did you also install the Flowmaster Y-pipe, or another brand? Catted or no cat on the Y?

timd50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Can anyone give a real value on how loud the MBRP Race is? I currently have the Ultimate Racing Single Exit catback installed on my 2015 (previous owner). I’m looking into changing it out, primarily because I want to return to dual exhaust vs single. I like the sound of the MBRP race so far, especially up high. But I don’t want it to be *louder* than what I have now, since what I have now is already pretty damn loud IMO. UR’s website gives a sound level of 108 dB at 3,000 RPM, can anyone confirm if the Race is louder? I know the MBRP street is quieter than the Race but in videos I’ve seen I don’t really like the sound it makes at idle/low rpm.

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Yes, I have the no muffler version. They make a muffled version also.

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
...and the first morning cold start.

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Does anyone know how much decibels an MBRP Race catback system produces? So far it's my favorite sounding exhaust, but I track (road course) my car and most tracks have a limit of about 100db at 70% of the engine's power stationary or 95db while driving.

If it's too loud I might get a Magnaflow street catback, I think that one should be below the decibel limit, but I prefer the MBRP Race though.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Installed my Roush Y pipe today with my AWE touring axleback exhaust, can say I am pretty happy. Two little videos I just did. I get a little crackling at high rpm band like I floored it to 6-7k then shifted, got a crackle. but it would of done it just smaller with resonator I believe. Its a clean sound and definitely louder.

I dont believe I have any droning, but I have 3.31 gearing so my rpms are quite low like 2050 at 70mph. Its throaty. In all actuality, I just did a comarpsion before after my y pipe, driving in neighboor hood at 20-25mph in 2nd ( y pipe) sounds like original exhaust in 3rd. So basically its a downshifted in volume in every gear I think best way can explain.

So yeah, here's my videos. let me know what you guys think. Its not as raspy as the Roush catback as I didn't get as much crackle pop as I thought I would of since I watched ton of those videos.

IMG_8358.JPG
IMG_8359.JPG
IMG_8360.jpg
IMG_8363.JPG
IMG_8365.JPG
IMG_8367.JPG

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I will say, the video doesn’t do justice my friends saw video and said eh, not digging it.

In person they heard it and said it sounds real good, deeper than video portrays too.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
If it's too loud I might get a Magnaflow street catback, I think that one should be below the decibel limit, but I prefer the MBRP Race though.
If there's anything we can help with, don't hesitate to contact us! It sounds our Street catback may work well for the volume you need. :thumbsup:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
anyone have other mic locations for getting exhaust sounds? the one i bought off amazon cuts out when mounted to the lisc plate above like 3500rpm on my active exhaust car
0acec31321053560.jpg

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
anyone have other mic locations for getting exhaust sounds? the one i bought off amazon cuts out when mounted to the lisc plate above like 3500rpm on my active exhaust car
0acec31321053560.jpg
Just lower the input volume of the recording device untill you get a clear sound alround, cheers!
Sponsored