Sponsored

Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S vs Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Buying 20" Foundry wheels for my ordered 2018 GT - need tires. Looking for opinions on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S and/or Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. Tires will be 275/35/20. Goodyears are about $120 more after rebate. This will be my daily driver, so looking for good overall performance with low noise.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The DWS 06 is definitely a better (and a great overall) tire. They'll give you what you're looking for.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
my DWS 06 have been great in all weather conditions. no complaints with a year on mine.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
DWS 06 any day of the week. Goodyear tires are pretty much shit.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
DWS 06 is on the soft side so if you don't mind slightly reduced road feel, you might like it.
If you guys don't get snow much, try Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
DWS 06 is on the soft side so if you don't mind slightly reduced road feel, you might like it.
If you guys don't get snow much, try Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+.
Didn't realize the Michelins were so close in price to the DWS 06. Are they are better tire overall?

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Didn't realize the Michelins were so close in price to the DWS 06. Are they are better tire overall?
Tires are like everything else. Everyone has their preferences. I prefer the DWS06.

I'm dying to try the new Cooper RS3-G1's, which will be added as soon as my tires need to be replaced.

I loved the RS3-A and these should be better. Maybe something else to consider?

Also seems like we're neighbors.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, they're top rated and better in every way. The DWS are solid choices though too, as are the BFG Comp 2 A/S.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The Michelins are not as good in snow compare to DWS06 but when it's dry, the A/S 3+ is sportier than the DWS06.
There is no perfect tire for every situation. You have to decide what works for you.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they're top rated and better in every way. The DWS are solid choices though too, as are the BFG Comp 2 A/S.
The Conti is still slightly better in the rain and snow.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Conti is still slightly better in the rain and snow.

I'm not sure about the rain, but the Conti's are actually the best A/S tire for the snow, I messed that up in the original post.

The pilot 3 A/S+ have been used pretty successfully on the track from what i've read too

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Pilot Sport A/S3+ is best overall tire. DWS and Eagle are close behind though. Can't go wrong with either of them.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
A/S 3+ vs DWS06
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=211
To me the handling of the DWS06 has that progressive feel. Small steering input is on the numb side but as you put more and more steering input, the sidewall starts to load and it handles pretty good. It's relaxing while cruising unlike some nervous tires that get's pulled left and right by the road imperfections, yet engaging when pushed hard enough. My WRX came with Dunlop MAXX R/T summer tires. While initial grip is higher, the MAXX would break loose very sudden unlike the gradual feeling of the DWS06. The sidewalls deal with winter roads very well too and the best part is that the tires rarely pick up small rocks.
The ride is subtle which is what I want for my bouncy 2018 WRX sporty suspension setup (Mustang is wayyyyyyy softer).
Snow handling is awesome. FWD cars start to spin my WRX just get going without even spinning wheels. The only time I spin wheels in snow is when I really try to which is good if you live in snowy states.
Sponsored

Last edited: