2016 Mustang GT Premium
Current list of parts

On3 triple pump hat
2 Walbro 465’s
Aeromotive Universal Bypass regulator
Fore 88mm filter with Stainless element
-10an feed
-8an return

I’m guessing I can dead head or buy rails. How limited would I be if I dead head the system?

If anyone has photos of their setups. It would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Looks like you have most bases covered, but I would get rails to complete the setup. Then you’ll be ready for whatever amount of boost you wanna throw at it.

I’m in the middle of doing my fore triple hat dual pump with -10 feed -8 return and rails...I’m feeding into the front driver rail from the hat, out of the back driver rail into the back passenger rail, out the front passenger rail to the regulator and back to the hat.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I was looking into piecing together a kit as well. I noticed that some of the regulators had ports that were sized for 6AN lines. You will also need a bunch of connectors. Make sure you get lines designed for ethanol.

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Stainless element is no good.

Get the microglass element. Your fuel injectors will thank you.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m guessing I can dead head or buy rails. How limited would I be if I dead head the system?

If anyone has photos of their setups. It would be greatly appreciated
With a dead head system you are mostly going to be battling heat, the fuel will sit in the rail while not being used, this can lead to vapor lock which makes start up on e85 even harder since you are trying to literally start the car on fumes. Now a dead head system will work, how ever you run into those small inconveniences during use, harder warm starts and hotter fuel

Ideally you want a true return system where the fuel pump send the fuel through both rails and then the regulator regulates the pressure post rails sending excess back to the tank via the return line. This will make sure there is always a constant flow at the rails when the pumps are on.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Is there any advantage of sending it to both rails through a y vs sending it in one rail through to the other rail?

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If I understand what your asking a y would still go into one line.Usually u have the feed going into one side of the rail and the return coming out of the other rail

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Is there any advantage of sending it to both rails through a y vs sending it in one rail through to the other rail?
You're going to get different opinions from pretty much anyone you ask. There's several ways to set up a return system and some just prefer to have it one way where another person or tuner may want it their way.

I like the Y block supplying each rail separately or a deadhead setup. Although the in one rail and out to the other works too.

Probably best to ask the person tuning the car how they want it setup as that's ultimately what it will come down to.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When you use a Y to feed both rails and then route them to your regulator you will have even pressure amongst both rails, what I mean by this is both rails should see the same amount of pressure in them and both rails will experience the same amount of pressure loss should you start to run out of fuel. I like this method more than a dead head or in line rails. In line rails do work though, but you could see some pressure loss in the second rail vs the first if you start to push the fuel system in the outer edge of it's limits of the pumps ability to supply fuel.
Sponsored