E10 or E0?

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
Esp as it relates to boosted applications, all stations in my area are 93E10, except one that is a VP distributor and they have 91E0. For DD use, is one preferable over the other? The 91E0 is $0.25-30/g more than Exxon/Texaco/Conoco/Valero.
Sponsored

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
Not even any opinions?
Well, opinions are a lot like feet... most folks have them, and a lot of them stink. :D

Anyway, my $.02 is that the introduction of ethanol is the worst thing that has ever happened to internal combustion engines. However, pretty much every machine built in the last few years is engineered to be able to use it. So I don't think it will make much difference to your engine which one you use, as long as you're driving it on a regular basis. If you tend to let your car sit for long periods of time without driving it, though, I'd opt for the ethanol free stuff.

OP
OP
Texican1911

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I agree on all of that. I'm just curious if one performs better than the other. Specifically with a Whipple, but over all as well. My little bit of research says non-ethanol gets better mileage, but locally I lose 2 octane, so I'm interested what kind of performance difference that would make, especially since it costs more.
Sponsored