Dynomax race bullet mufflers question.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Kahboom - how much did is reduce the loudness? I am interested in reducing raspiness but not the loudness... Thanks!
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
For the in cab exhaust noise and drone with the Gibson exhaust it's pretty loud, add headers and race cats and it's stupid loud between 1500-2500 rpm at a contsant pace while crusing, after the 16" dynomax race bullets we're installed the excessive cab loudness was almost completely gone, it seems to really be more directed towards the rear of the car. At wide open throttle standing outside it is the same as before but in the cab itself is much quieter, and while crusing and light throttle is much, much, much quieter in the cab, and just a tab quieter in the rear when crusing or constant throttle. As far as raspiness or the cracking or popping sound it was reduced significantly as in not being as loud but it's still there just more of a refined sound, such as low decel rumble instead of loud crackling on decel. Was well worth trying this instead of jumping from catback to catback system.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Was there anything you didn't like about the exhaust sound after installing the dynomax race bullets? Are they typically installed by welding them in? What would be involved in removing them if you didn't like the sound? Thanks!

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were welded in, was going for reducing or eliminating the drone. It's 90-95% gone as far as drone, same as cabin noise, you have to understand Gibson exhaust is one that was loud as all hell in the cab, these worked extremely well in my case for what I was going or trying to accomplish. While not effecting the outside sound at wide open throttle. There is nothing I don't like about them. You might think it sounds too low in sound in the cab due to how it's quiter in the cab, stand out side or get some drive by clips and it's virtually the same and wide open throttle doesn't seem any different. It's more of an in cab mod or light throttle mod.

christian

Happy Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
You guys welding these in place of the magnaflow mufflers?

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they are welded in after the h or x pipe well before the mufflers

JRENIGAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6 3.15 premium
Picked up a set of these in 3" configuration today (part # 24250). My goal is to help get rid of the "raspy" part to full throttle exhaust tone Im getting out of the MBRP and MAK cat delete combo I now have. It sounds great at moderate to light throttle until around 3k and then there is a WaGGGGGGG sound while accelerating that sounds like crap. Anything over light throttle at any RPM is total crap for a mustang. Anything less is pure harmony. I used one of these in 3.5" size just before an electric turndown on my old cammed n procharged F-Body with great success. Im hoping for the same here. Any others try this for the same reasons as I am and not so much for drone? If so did it work?
Sponsored