Sponsored

Dynomax mini bullets too loud, any cheap resonators?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
After watching several vids I decided to put on the dynomax mini bullets on. 3 inch with 4 inch tips. Sound inside with the h pipe resonator delete is just too loud I can barely touch the exhaust without the interior screaming loud:(I'm actually dreading driving into work tomorrow the hour and a half ride that I usually love. Short or putting the stickers back on are they any cheap resonators I could get that could be installed behind the h pipe to lower the sound of these or did I just make a big mistake ?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Go as long as possible. You should be able to fit 18" bullets behind the H.

Best way to lower interior volume is a well designed muffler. Corsa touring with your H-pipe would sound badass.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buddy has a set of 24" bullets he would give me that are new but I think they would be way too long, might have him bring them to work and I can put the car on the lift and see how much room.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy has a set of 24" bullets he would give me that are new but I think they would be way too long, might have him bring them to work and I can put the car on the lift and see how much room.
Those won't fit unfortunately. 18" ones will tame it significantly.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see they list a 16.5 inch one in 2.5" so that would prolly be what I need. Just need to keep a eye out for a good deal

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would glass packs quiet it down more then the race bullets? Has anyone had any experience with those vibrant resonators also?

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium, 1992 mustang lx 5.0
Haha I have no cats, x pipe and 3" race bullets for "mufflers" and have been rocking it for 8k miles I love pissing my neighbors off

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would glass packs quiet it down more then the race bullets? Has anyone had any experience with those vibrant resonators also?
Not necessarily. The vibrant resonators are excellent for reducing drone and volume, as are the race bullets. [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] threw them behind his resonator delete when he had Roush axlebacks (easily as loud as what you have) and it toned it down significantly.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So either the full size bullets or the vibrant resonators would help me out quite a bit?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Not necessarily. The vibrant resonators are excellent for reducing drone and volume, as are the race bullets. @Todd15Fastback threw them behind his resonator delete when he had Roush axlebacks (easily as loud as what you have) and it toned it down significantly.
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] is correct. I put these behind my h-pipe with the Roush axleback when I had that setup. It tamed the noise/volume nicely. I was actually surprised how much it helped.

https://www.amazon.com/Pypes-Exhaus...=1489668226&sr=8-1&keywords=pypes+m80+muffler

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the h pipe has a lot to do with the volume too? The vids I saw on here that used the same set up had a x pipe that was the only difference.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the h pipe has a lot to do with the volume too? The vids I saw on here that used the same set up had a x pipe that was the only difference.
Actually...I ran the Ford Racing x-pipe first with the Roush and then switched to the Lethal Performance h-pipe and added the resonators. Both setups were loud as hell until the resonators were added.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vibrant resonators and the pypes resonators that you sent me that link are basically the same ?
Sponsored