raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Amen:cheers:
Exactly. That's why I asked if they were good , which no one seems to really know. They are $350 as opposed to $1100 for the DSS. If they are strong enough for my car , I save almost $800 USD. Which is $1000 Canadian......
Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Bringing this thread back. Anyone having success with the 350 shafts? I'm stuck between "it's a budget friendly upgrade" and "why not just do it right the first time with the DSS units".

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I'm gonna try them out this spring with a set of bias ply slicks.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
From the outside, anyway, they look and feel almost identical to the stock shafts. I would be surprised if they are all that much stronger. I went with them because I cannot justify the big bucks on the Gforce/FRPP set since I’m not a quarter mile, hard launch guy. I replaced them because my stock ones were clicking and popping.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well, when the power climbs there is always a weak link. I’d rather replace halfshafts than differential etc.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The driver's side 350 shafts do not taper down at the ends like the stock axles. It is at that tapered end where the stock driver's side breaks. Larger joint, too.

FB_IMG_1512166634598.jpg

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Looks like they are good for any NA app, not FI or nitrous would be my guess.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they are good for any NA app, not FI or nitrous would be my guess.
I agree......probably fine for a low to mid 11 second car. It seems that the driver's side stock shaft is the one most likely to break. I haven't found anyone NA who has broken the passenger side. I am not sure that the GT350 passenger side shaft is any better than the stock GT. I am going to replace the driver's side only for now and see how it goes. Based on the shipping weight, the driver's side 350 shaft is about 3 pounds heavier than a stock GT driver's side shaft.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed them in my 2015 GTPP car. The LH side is significantly larger diameter than stock. The RH is just a little bigger. Why the difference I dont know. They seem to be heavier than stock and the joints may be a little beefier too. How they will hold up at the strip I dont know but they should be more than enough for me NA and stock tune.
Glad to see this... apparently my car is not weird, with having a larger diameter half-shaft on one side (stock). I looked under it and thought "What the heck?" I'm sure there's a reason for this, just kind of surprised me.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I am not exactly sure what TNcoupe means when he says the LH side 350 shaft is larger than stock. Maybe they have changed but the middle part of the 350 shaft is actually smaller diameter than regular GTs. The ends, where it goes into the CV joint is larger, however. That is where the stock ones break.

Yes, the LH side is larger than the RH side. Some have said that it helps with wheel hop but I don't know about that. It is common on FWD cars but that is to reduce torque streer.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The driver's side 350 shafts do not taper down at the ends like the stock axles. It is at that tapered end where the stock driver's side breaks. Larger joint, too.

FB_IMG_1512166634598.jpg

This picture looks familiar .

FWIW I broke my LH at the hub on my 15. I swapped to gt350 axles and made a number of 6k+ launches on them at the track. No issues. The car dead hooked almost Everytime too. FBO car with a gt350 mani and 3.73s

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Armykyle, is that your picture? I grabbed it from a thread some time ago but forgot who originally posted it or where it came from. If it is yours, I thank you and apologize for not giving you credit for it in the first place. It is a good comparison.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Armykyle, is that your picture? I grabbed it from a thread some time ago but forgot who originally posted it or where it came from. If it is yours, I thank you and apologize for not giving you credit for it in the first place. It is a good comparison.
It is. It's no worries though. I'm glad someone is sharing it. I had to scroll wayyyyyy back to find it haha.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I would normally say that there has got to be some mistake with pricing. I just had my BMW 550i in the shop for an "oil change" $2,000 bucks later, i had a differential bushing replaced, a guibo replaced, and a new half shaft because the left inner boot had a leak. Fortunately the half shaft was covered under my warranty, or it would have been another 1,900 just for the shaft alone, plus the labor.

that said when I looked for brake upgrades I saw this on American Muscle
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford...t350r-brake-upgrade-kit-1517-gt-ecoboost.html

Note, it contains the same GT350 half shafts. When asked, it said they were rated for 700 hp.

Seeing as how I am starting to go down the "need an expensive fix" road with this car, I have now started looking for a new car. Mustang is on the list, but I think it will be a 2020 or beyond.
Sponsored