Sponsored

Dumb Question. Update! plus more dumb questions and answers LOL

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So that stingray lookin engine cover, can that be taken off and not cause any adverse effects? I mean does it do anything other then look pretty? Would removing it help heat dissipate ? or is it there as a sort of shield to keep the hood from getting to hot?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Engine looks better without it IMO. change my mind.
Sort of agree. but aesthetics aside does it have a function and or would removing it help with heat or hurt?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Been driving around without mine for a few thousand miles.

As far as I can tell, it does nothing except hide the spaghetti, and knock down a little noise.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Sort of agree. but aesthetics aside does it have a function and or would removing it help with heat or hurt?
It probably decreases the noise from the DI, and probably keeps what it covers cleaner. I doubt it traps much heat, but it would be easy to compare temps with/without.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Does it really reduce engine noise? Anybody tested this theory?
The only reason mine is still on is because I don't want to remove the strut brace to take it off.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I saw dumb question, and I'm like YES, I'm ready with all sorts of dumb answers :D

Mine is hanging on my garage wall - I pulled it when I removed my sound tube, once I had it off, (and realized the hassle in getting it from under the strut bar), I said, to hell with this, it's now wall art.

I didn't really do a good before vs. after, I hear all sorts of rumbling and sewing machines sounds and I LOVE it. The underside definitely has what looks to be some sound dampening foam.

FWIW, there's a kit from Ford that covers the injectors/etc., specifically for use without the OEM cover, I figure if they sell that, there's no issue running without it.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I saw dumb question, and I'm like YES, I'm ready with all sorts of dumb answers :D

Mine is hanging on my garage wall - I pulled it when I removed my sound tube, once I had it off, (and realized the hassle in getting it from under the strut bar), I said, to hell with this, it's now wall art.

I didn't really do a good before vs. after, I hear all sorts of rumbling and sewing machines sounds and I LOVE it. The underside definitely has what looks to be some sound dampening foam.

FWIW, there's a kit from Ford that covers the injectors/etc., specifically for use without the OEM cover, I figure if they sell that, there's no issue running without it.
Dumb question number 2. LOL sound tube? what is that? I await your reply.
download (1).jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Since we're asking dumb questions. Can someone explain to me.. Why We park on a drive way. And drive on a park way?

Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Ahh. George Carlin remembered......

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's an attachment that goes from the intake to basically a "drum" in the firewall. It puts some additional intake/injector sounds into the cabin. Many people hate the idea of it, and remove it immediately. This can be accomplished with a cheap kit or even cheaper hardware store parts.

I personally like the intake noise, which is really only noticeable at very low speeds. It's also not "fake" the way some manufacturers pump noise in via the sound system.
So I watched a bunch of videos and basically people take this off and notice no difference and say well it does nothing? so then why take it off? There is a bunch of videos on how to take it off but next to none on the result. most say well it didn't change anything. the one guy who did a in cabin video says ahhh listen to how quiet... and all you can hear is engine. then in comment he admits he couldn't tell any difference with or without it. so why bother even taking it off? oh any why is it a pair of underwear when there is only one?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
You guys better watch it. Get having too much fun here the nanny will roll up and lock this shit down!

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Don’t remove it! Serious consequences if you do. A loss of at least 10 HP I saw in a YouTube videos so it must be true.
Sponsored