Sponsored

Drove a Fiend’s Boosted Mustang (amputee)

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I’ve know Marty (manual boosted Mustang owner) for about 4 years and we’ve been having fun with our car fam since then. Finally decided to document and share what we do to have fun and decided to try this out haha. Enjoy!

Sponsored

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Looks like your friend was a champ about it! A few stalls and all that bucking. Was that your first time driving a manual ever? Or just the first time with the cyborg leg?

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Glad to see a fellow amputee drive a manual. I drove manual before I lost my leg and will continue to drive a manual with one leg. With the mustang it’s even more fun!! Took me about a day for me to readjust myself. I’m a pro now and drive better than most of the ricers out there. Lol

Ronin47

OP
OP
JRodSan

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Looks like your friend was a champ about it! A few stalls and all that bucking. Was that your first time driving a manual ever? Or just the first time with the cyborg leg?
He was definitely crazy for letting me drive it lol. Not having control of the knee and not feeling where the leg is is crazy. Zipties helped a lot! First time with the robo leg lol. Last time I drove a manual was about 10 years ago.

OP
OP
JRodSan

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Glad to see a fellow amputee drive a manual. I drove manual before I lost my leg and will continue to drive a manual with one leg. With the mustang it’s even more fun!! Took me about a day for me to readjust myself. I’m a pro now and drive better than most of the ricers out there. Lol

Ronin47
It was definitely fun but not something I would do on a daily basis since I would need a bracket to have my foot planted and not come off since I can’t entirely control the knee. Are you above the knee too or below the knee? Either way it’s badass to return to the “normal” activities after going through an ordeal like loosing a limb

Sponsored

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
It was definitely fun but not something I would do on a daily basis since I would need a bracket to have my foot planted and not come off since I can’t entirely control the knee. Are you above the knee too or below the knee? Either way it’s badass to return to the “normal” activities after going through an ordeal like loosing a limb
I am below know so my movement is actually from the knee which is also mangled up from an accident I had 15 yrs ago. My passion has always been stick and riding two wheels of which I will never give up. All I can say there no other feeling in the world than being connected to a machine like a bike or a car. It’s a happy state.

Ronin47

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
That's great!
I am also an above the knee amputee on my left leg. I daily drive my manual transmission Mustang everyday. I put just enough pressure on the clutch pedal to keep the foot from slipping while not riding the clutch. It's a fine line and I'm only doing that when starting and then shifting through the gears. I have a "motion" where I can kind of flip my foot on the clutch pedal when it is time to go/stop. I also have a pedal extender for the clutch which makes it easier. I love going through the gears!

I think I am as good at driving a manual now as beforeI was the amputation. I have drag raced and autocrossed with my prosthetic.

Justin

I’ve know Marty (manual boosted Mustang owner) for about 4 years and we’ve been having fun with our car fam since then. Finally decided to document and share what we do to have fun and decided to try this out haha. Enjoy!

OP
OP
JRodSan

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
That's great!
I am also an above the knee amputee on my left leg. I daily drive my manual transmission Mustang everyday. I put just enough pressure on the clutch pedal to keep the foot from slipping while not riding the clutch. It's a fine line and I'm only doing that when starting and then shifting through the gears. I have a "motion" where I can kind of flip my foot on the clutch pedal when it is time to go/stop. I also have a pedal extender for the clutch which makes it easier. I love going through the gears!

I think I am as good at driving a manual now as beforeI was the amputation. I have drag raced and autocrossed with my prosthetic.

Justin

Badass! I need some photos of the clutch extender when you get a chance, please!

OP
OP
JRodSan

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I am below know so my movement is actually from the knee which is also mangled up from an accident I had 15 yrs ago. My passion has always been stick and riding two wheels of which I will never give up. All I can say there no other feeling in the world than being connected to a machine like a bike or a car. It’s a happy state.

Ronin47
It most definitely is!
Sponsored