Sponsored

Drove a 51k 18 gt

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro 2SS, 2015 Sierra 1500
I agree i speced a 18 gt with all the bells and whistles and it came to 52k before tax.................... Moving forward on finding a used gt350

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just wait until you guys see the S650 prices in a few years. Somebody has to pay for the new platform and hybrid power train R&D. The current prices will look like bargains at that point.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I hate that this car has been "beaten" and now it's going to be sold.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I agree i speced a 18 gt with all the bells and whistles and it came to 52k before tax.................... Moving forward on finding a used gt350
In my area low mileage GT350 will be 50-57K. Unless you're buying it FROM Ford and getting the nice Certified Warranty its really hard to say the 350 is worth it. You're going to spend more on, gas, oil, and any/all repairs. More than enough to make up the couple K in price. I have a feeling the 5.0 will be a nice fight against the GT350 with the PP2 and a SCT tune.

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
BREAKING-IN
Tires
New tires need to be run-in for
approximately 300 mi (500 km). During
this time, you may experience different
driving characteristics.
Brakes and Clutch
Avoid heavy use of the brakes and clutch
if possible for the first 100 mi (150 km) in
town and for the first 1,000 mi (1,500 km)
on freeways.
Engine
Avoid driving too fast during the first
1,000 mi (1,500 km). Vary your speed
frequently and change up through the
gears early. Do not labor the engine.
Agreed. I find it funny that people think beating on a car with 0.0 miles is okay especially since they know they're not going to buy it and the customer that does isn't aware that their car was beaten on.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Agreed. I find it funny that people think beating on a car with 0.0 miles is okay especially since they know they're not going to buy it and the customer that does isn't aware that their car was beaten on.
Did you buy your 2016 with 0 miles on the odo?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
That's fantastic, I'm happy for you. There are lots of reports of Coyotes turning into oil burners when babied from new.
I don't "baby" from new. I've always followed the recommended break-in as posted above. In the old days (looong before the 1990's :) ) the stated reason for varying speeds was to "suck oil" up to/past the rings. I suspect that isn't the case now but for whatever reason it works for me.

Maybe new buyers of cars which have been test driven by guys who need to prove that 400 plus hp can spin the tires should fight for "rear tire wear discounts".:D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
You do not need to beat on a car from new to prevent it burning oil, the procedure I use when collecting a new car is:

Drive car out of dealership, proceed to line lock, do a 1/4 mile run, full bore, then drive all the way home at 150mph plus, OK I am joking. :D

What I actually do is this, drive brand new car from dealership, once the oil has reached nominal operating temp, I place the car in 2nd gear and then use upto 50% throttle I accelerate slowly upto 7000rpm. Once I reached 7000rpm I lift of the gas and allow the engine to slow itself using engine braking down to 1000rpm.

I then follow break in procedure as per manual and make sure I use plenty of varying revs, easy with an auto just drive it in D and S modes.

In short the gently driving too 7000rpm and then using engine braking to slow back down seats the valves.

Did this in my last Mustang, never used a drop of oil and know other people doing this with new cars, zero oil usage between services and no issues with the car. Its an old engines builder technique and you can do it 2-3 times if you wish but once is enough, then just drive the car normally for run in procedure, there is absolutely no need to baby the car, just drive normal.

Most engine damage is caused by idiots revving and driving cars hard when the engine is cold (oil temp) or driving a car with low oil level.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I like the 18 it’s definitely improved, but those of us who are already into modded cars it just doesn’t make any sense financially to go out and buy another new car! 51k is pretty steep for a mustang no matter what the improvements!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I took the wife to test drive the 18 last weekend. She want to have the option to drive my car and can't get the knack of driving a stick at 37 years old.
So the dealer had a grey Premium GT with Active exhaust, Digital Dash, 10-speed auto.
My impressions are as follows:
Pros-
-It's fast, floored it at 50mph and was at 90 in a blink, very impressed!
-Rev matching in sport mode, pretty impressive and Cool!
-Active exhaust sounds really good but I like lower muscle car sound of my Borla
-Digital dash is pretty bad ass!
Cons-
-Auto shifting is very jolting and not smooth
-Auto is so boring!
-Front end is still kind of ugly in my opinion
-$47500 price tag and I only owe $18k on my modded 15 gt premium that I have taken really good care of and only paid $33k ordered new from factory

Verdict: Sorry wife, I'm keeping my 15 manual and buying MGW on Black Friday! LOL

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Everything goes up. Model year after model year. Way of life. Look at how much other manufactures are charging. Only way they are going down is if people don't pay. Since people pay...you do the math.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like the 18 it’s definitely improved, but those of us who are already into modded cars it just doesn’t make any sense financially to go out and buy another new car! 51k is pretty steep for a mustang no matter what the improvements!
That's where I'm at. I've modded my car to make it exactly how I want it. Full bolt-ons for performance. Still want to do a supercharger. 20in wheels, cowl hood, side scoops and big spoiler out back for looks. I took a really good car and made it perfect......To me. Why trade? All the new stuff is awesome. And it gives the paper racers something to debate stock for stock.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I bet you see 20% off in 18 months just like a truck. The sticker on my new 2016 F150 was 49K and got $13K off. Its faster in a 1/4 mile than my 05’ Mustang GT was! I ran a 13.8 with the basic mods in a 4wd crew cab LOL.

It wont be long before we see A10 and magnaride swaps but that wont be cheap unless you get wrecked car parts.
Sponsored